Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: thobes/jubbas

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post
    medlu, you see i have brothers and they not the most holy moly of folk :( . but when we went to do umrah and were coming back my lil bro bought a jubba, his first ever one and mashallah hes quite tall and he looked gowjus :D :shock: he got a lot of female attention.

im just saying generally people adhering to the sunnah look beautiful , the first glance isnt haraam anyhoot.

rather a bro wear lovely white/black jubba than skinny jeans and stripey top and dodgey haricut :vomit:
    mashaALLAH

My bros look best in white thobe aswell - :D

and whats wrong with stripey tops? :[email protected]
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post

:up: zamzam...
      yeh i dont really like the ones they got...Ajwa used to have good one
      there is a shop called al-madinah next to it, u dont like them either?
      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
        there is a shop called al-madinah next to it, u dont like them either?
        nothing wrong with them...nice guys them :up:

i've got a couple of the styles of jubbas they had....havnt been there for a few months though..
        i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

I've seen the denim thobes. :wacko:

I had one made out of khaddar but wasnt too nice.

and ladies are meant to have their clothing dragging on floor :scratch:
          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
            What can I say, he's a predictable sorta chap
            I know what he was meaning, doesn't change the fact that he said women are clever *Roll Eyes*

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
              I know what he was meaning, doesn't change the fact that he said women are clever *Roll Eyes*
              but you my brother - are even clever :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post

khaddar.

that makes you itch like a rabid dog :(
                Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
                They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post

why dragging ??
                  "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                  Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                    why dragging ??
                    He means 'hanging', dragging same difference.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                      He means 'hanging', dragging same difference.
                      no but dragging is dirty, and then they pray salaah in them, eugh.
                      "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                      Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

hmm, this is true....

Comment

i know but when you wear jeans they drag anyhoo, longer jilbaabs look nicer me thinks
                          Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
                          They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post
                            i know but when you wear jeans they drag anyhoo, longer jilbaabs look nicer me thinks
                            no they dont, they shouldnt do, unless you hem them correctly or buy the right length (which i know is hard to find) but you should get them hemmed. Its napaak. All sorts of crap is on the streets, and wearin dragging skirts, jeans, jilbaabs are just sweeping all the crap right off them. Then, you go in your homes and transfer the crap on to the carpets,floors and then you pray salaah in your dragged clothing?

thats seriously naapaak, unclean. Then they all get torn and you're wearing jeans or clothing that makes you look like you're soe kind of punk rocker :s

Long jilbaabs on ladies are very elegant, i hate it when you can see peoples trousers flapping around. But there is a distinction between long (right length) and too long (dragging)
                            Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

• This is thread has covered EVERYTHING!

:1popcorn:
                              “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                              www.cage.ngo
                              www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

no they dont, they shouldnt do, unless you hem them correctly or buy the right length (which i know is hard to find) but you should get them hemmed. Its napaak. All sorts of crap is on the streets, and wearin dragging skirts, jeans, jilbaabs are just sweeping all the crap right off them. Then, you go in your homes and transfer the crap on to the carpets,floors and then you pray salaah in your dragged clothing?

thats seriously naapaak, unclean. Then they all get torn and you're wearing jeans or clothing that makes you look like you're soe kind of punk rocker :s

Long jilbaabs on ladies are very elegant, i hate it when you can see peoples trousers flapping around. But there is a distinction between long (right length) and too long (dragging)
                                very good points, sis, a jilbab being long for you is kinda dangerous too, if you are coming down the stairs and someone inadvertantly steps on to it from behind, you go flying forwards :( or you may get caught in the moving escalator things.....believe me, i speak from experience @)

Comment

Working...
                                X