• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: thobes/jubbas

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
    whats tez ???
    "Fast"

though he meant "chalak" which does translate into clever, but doesnt bear positive connotations
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
      "Fast"

though he meant "chalak" which does translate into clever, but doesnt bear positive connotations
      mashaALLAH prime example of the cleverness of women.

never denied that women were clever- when ALLAH Ta'ala Himself quotes Azeez as saying that the plan of women is strong - who am I to say otherwise.?
      Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

"Fast"

oh...

well we'll wait for him to clarify
        i'll give him the benefit :D

edit- ok so he did
        i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

oh...

well we'll wait for him to clarify
          i'll give him the benefit :D

edit- ok so he did
          What can I say, he's a predictable sorta chap
          You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
            mashaALLAH prime example of the cleverness of women.

never denied that women were clever- when ALLAH Ta'ala Himself quotes Azeez as saying that the plan of women is strong - who am I to say otherwise.?
            Its commonly referred to as "being on the ball"

Simpletons in this day and age would be eaten alive :eek3:

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

seedhe saade people like me, shareeef people like me - this world aint for us.

:D:D
              Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

are u calling me simpleton

nothing wrong with that :D

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                  naaah omg if he found out he'd be so angry. I dont think he'd be happy if i did that :o
                  so theirs peopl who make jubbas..tailor made..

know anyone in london?

Comment

and what may I ask, are you doing looking at men :asta:
                    stop bringing up the past - plus it was all those sistas who shouted at me for looking at her. Now no1 commented when a woman talks abt looking at men.

Down with Double Standards
                    :asta:

Look how clever women are.

One of their own makes the slip and its the man who they make fall

tawbah tawbah

ALLAH hi hifazat farmay - ameen

medlu, you see i have brothers and they not the most holy moly of folk :( . but when we went to do umrah and were coming back my lil bro bought a jubba, his first ever one and mashallah hes quite tall and he looked gowjus :D :shock: he got a lot of female attention.

im just saying generally people adhering to the sunnah look beautiful , the first glance isnt haraam anyhoot.

rather a bro wear lovely white/black jubba than skinny jeans and stripey top and dodgey haricut :vomit:

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

so theirs peopl who make jubbas..tailor made..

know anyone in london?
                      unfortunately i dont, no. But im sure there are loads of house wife type people who sew for a hobby or maybe just like a small business and would be more than able to sew you a jubba. You just have to ask around.

I think its harder in London though because it's such a huge place and people kind of keep to themselves kind of thing *shrugs*

This lady though who sewed Bilaals jubbahs, she mainly only does womens. So you could find someone who does womens and ask them if theyd sew you one. There are loads of sisters from London on the forum who have a 'jilbaab seamstress' lol
                      "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                      Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

I got some denim thawb, isnt all that, pretty uncomfortable actually, dont get any other material except that nice soft one [dont know the name]

And ya ikhwaann, make sure it is ABOVE the ankles, I see bear thawbs which scrape the ground and that defeats the purpose of following the sunnah. Also if you get it cut, dont cut it too high either, I've seen ones where it comes just below the knee and that looks like the guy is wearing a dress and going to the prom or something
                        http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                        Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

denim? doesnt it make a wishy washy sound when you walk :eek3:

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
                            I got some denim thawb, isnt all that, pretty uncomfortable actually, dont get any other material except that nice soft one [dont know the name]

And ya ikhwaann, make sure it is ABOVE the ankles, I see bear thawbs which scrape the ground.

Keeping in mind the ankle thing is for 'men only'
                            but it doesnt give sisters the excuse to be street sweepers either. I see enough sisters with their jilbaabs dragging on the floor, torn and dirty and its disghusting. Where's the cleanliness in that? especially when its winter and the bottom of their jilbaabs are like soaking wet.

So sisters, make sure your jilbaabs are of correct length. Get them hemmed from the bottom if they're too long: you look like the muslim version of moshers (or grebos, whatever you call them)
                            "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                            Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post
                              denim? doesnt it make a wishy washy sound when you walk :eek3:

Eh? * scratch*

Its jean material, feels heavy, erm, open neck and open arm and thats pretty much it. Wishy washy, you lost me there.
                              http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                              Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                                unfortunately i dont, no. But im sure there are loads of house wife type people who sew for a hobby or maybe just like a small business and would be more than able to sew you a jubba. You just have to ask around.

I think its harder in London though because it's such a huge place and people kind of keep to themselves kind of thing *shrugs*

This lady though who sewed Bilaals jubbahs, she mainly only does womens. So you could find someone who does womens and ask them if theyd sew you one. There are loads of sisters from London on the forum who have a 'jilbaab seamstress' lol
                                :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X