I. Am. Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I. Am. Sad

"Never give up hope in Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy except those who have no faith." -Surah Yusuf, Ayah 87.

*plays nasheed in mind*Oh the Beautiful Story of Yusuf,
    Has so much to fill our lives,
    sometihng something
    the power of patience and the fire of hope,
    Must burn in the heart of the wise..

That song is about my dad.:D
    "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

I dont want to keep bumping this but I feel the need to thank all those who have helped me so jazak'Allah everyone, much appreciated.

Originally posted by ur_yusra View Post
      To Allah (swt) this world is not even worth the wing of a mosquito! SubhanAllah..
      Yep subhan'Allah.

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
      akhi....

come to the brothers forum inshallah... there is manner and strength of a man and a sorrow of a man and it is more fitting that it is discussed amongst brothers....

may allah (Swt) ease your sorrow and give you the best in this life and the akhira....and for me aswell (ameen)

but brother you should know that, despite all the suffering you see nothing is greater then the suffering on the day of qiyamah, and despite the ease that you feel in this life nothing is greater then the ease of success on the day of qiyamah... so for sure be worried about the sorrow you are feeling and look for the ease and ask allah (Swt) for the ease but remain steadfast and strong in the deen because the ease that you will bring upon urself and upon ur family on the day of qiyamah will be worth much much more than this life....
      Akhi, I would have posted this in the brothers section had it not been for the fact that by the time I got a reply, I probably would have memorized the whole of bukhari with every isnad and still had time for tea.

Jazak'Allah hu khair for your kind words akhee, much appreciated. Ameen to dua and the same for everyone else.

Originally posted by *Kamilah* View Post
      Our Prophet :saw: said

"The people most prone to trials with afflictions are the prophets, and then the most pious and then the next in peity and so on. A man or a woman is tried accordingly to his or her belief. If his or her believe is firm, the trial will be harder, and if his or her beliefe is weak, he is tried accordingly. A servant of Allah will go on being tried with afflictions until he walks on earth free of sins.
      Subhan'Allah, makes you want more and more trials..

Originally posted by heaven2002 View Post
      when i am sad i think of all those in world who have it worse than me
      Theres a hadith rasululah SAW said to do the same but for when you get jealous of someone but yep course, compared to most of the creation, we are all so blessed, in fact just being a Muslim is a blessing in itself.

Originally posted by miss-islamic View Post
      "Never give up hope in Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy except those who have no faith." -Surah Yusuf, Ayah 87.
      Jazak'Allah hu khairan ukhtee for the reminder. Allah swt says in Surah Ala, verse 9: Therefore remind (men), for of use is the reminder. He will heed who feareth (his Lord)
      http:/www.alghurabaa.org
      Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

And finally, all this thingyness made me write a piece on it, you gotta listen with the recitation, and ponder on the meaning, I hope people benefit from it insha'Allah

http://www.theummah.com/downloads/listening/tests.mp3

==========

In the name of Allah, The Loving One, The Afflicter

Allah swt says in Surah Baqarah in the famous verse, verse 153 onwards: O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salah. Truly, Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient). And say not of those who are killed in the way of Allah, "They are dead.'' Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not. And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient). Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.'' They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e., who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones.

Rasululah SAW said: (Amazing is the believer, for whatever Allah decrees for him, it is better for him! If he is tested with a bounty, he is grateful for it and this is better for him; and if he is afflicted with a hardship, he is patient with it and this is better for him.)

Everyone is faced with tests, everyone according to how much they can handle, Allah swt says in Surah Baqarah also.So whichever test you have, it is because you can handle it. Tests we face in life are from the Grace and Mercy of Allah. The greater the test, the greater you iman. We just have to be patient through them and turn back to our Lord. I dont want want to really start writing loads on this as I’d probably never stop and great ulema have written whole series’ on it such as Ibn Taymiyyahs Relief from Distress and the amazing book “La Tahzan : Do not be Sad”

Rasululah SAW: (No Muslim is struck with an affliction and then says Istirja` [the bit about to him we return etc.] when the affliction strikes, and then says: `O Allah! Reward me for my loss and give me what is better than it,' but Allah will do just that.[Ahmed]

Also [aidan] we tend to complain to people about our problems, but we should try to follow the example of Yaqub AS when his son, Yusuf AS was stolen away and he did not complain nor grief to anyone but Allah SWT. Allah SWT is always there for us no matter what and he is the All Seeing, Allah Hearing and All knowing.

Allah SWT knows us better than we know ourselves and he SWT knows what is best for us, everything is his divine decree and we have to submit to it and everything he wills shall happen. Any calamity that was meant to befall you, you cannot avoid and any calamity that you were supposed to avoid, it can not befall you.Even though we plan, and we think we have our life planned out for ourself, Allah also plans and Allah is the best of Planners. And if we really want something, all we gotta do is make dua for it and then trust in Allah, for in Allah do the believers rely.

Allah swt says in Surah Kahf, verse 10, the dua of the youth who retreated to the cave: "Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Your presence and dispose of our affairs for us in the right way"
        Last edited by Abu Muslim; 20-03-07, 10:42 PM.
        Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Bump.

Comment

sorry - just need to vent.

I cannot describe how utterly fed up I am with doing stuff I keep failing at. For what? Its not that I dont like what I do - I love it but I just cant seem keep on at it or get it anywhere near right - I just want to do something I can actually do even slightly well at for a change :(

Also I hate it when people go on and on and constantly argue about some small issue that not even an issue for ages and ages - it makes me depressed.
            The kitchen's a laboratory, and everything that happens there has to do with Science. It's Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Yes, there's History. Yes, there's Artistry. Yes, to all of that... but what happened there, what actually happens to the food is all Science :banan:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ADZ w3 View Post
                HMM

Comment

everyone has 24 hours... no more, no less... make the best use of it... so how much time you want to spend on being sad again...? Practice makes perfect! :D
                  "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Read these duas:

1) Allahuma laa sahla illa maa ja'altahu sahla. Wa anta taj'alul hazna idaa****a sahla

2) Allahuma inni 'abduka, ibnu abdika, ibnu amatika. Nasiyati biyadik, madin fiyaa hukmak 'adlun fiyaa qadauk. Asalulka bikuli ismin huwalak samayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fii kitabika, aw 'alamtahu ahadan min khalqika awistatharta bihi fii 'ilmil qayb 'indalak antaj'alal Qurana rabi'a qalbi, wa noora sadri wa jalaa huzni wa dahab hamma.

Be patient for Allah is with the patient.

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle2 View Post
                      everyone has 24 hours... no more, no less... make the best use of it... so how much time you want to spend on being sad again...? Practice makes perfect! :D
                      nice optimism! :up:

make the most of every day inshallah who knows whether you'll still be alive tomorrow. :inlove:
                      j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by ADZ w3 View Post
                        Bump.
                        *scratch*

How comes you bumped this thread bruv? This was like 7 months ago when I was in Egypt, ajeeeb.

Ya know actually looking back at it, alhamdulilah Im glad I made the topic, and even though at the time I didnt feel it, it did help me. It has loads of good reminders and I guess its something anyone can look back at when feeling down, reflecting on the ayaat of Allah SWT and the ahadeeth.

So jazahumAllah khairan to all them people who posted [think I said that right, first time I've had to use that lol]

How times change..the memories..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X