Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

    Cos Alot Of Sandwiche's Have It And I Hope Not.........

  • #2
    Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

    http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/in...question&id=27

    http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00004033.aspx

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

      Such a useful thread I’ve been looking this topic everywhere!

      Sauvignon Blanc

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

        Nop

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

          All vinegar is made from the is an from the fermentation of ethanol which is (Ethanol, also called ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, or drinking alcohol).
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol


          Please Re-update your Signature

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

            The answer is Yes, all vinegar is Halal. Every vinegar is a wine that at some point turned sour.....
            so be it white wine vinegar, red wine, apple wine, or whatever else..... as long as it is vinegar, it is Halal Food.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

              No because it's not alcohol once it turns to vinegar.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                hmm interesting. I have some doubts about this too. I will ask someone since you brought it up
                Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                  People need to be careful with the ''all vinegar is halal''. Its not

                  What we need to understand is process with these things.

                  Put simply

                  any product which is 100% halal to start but has a bit in the process where fermentation occurs and alcohol exists but on completion of the process it no longer remains is halal

                  Any product where a by product that is not halal is added becomes haram

                  very simple version there

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                    Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                    People need to be careful with the ''all vinegar is halal''. Its not

                    What we need to understand is process with these things.

                    Put simply

                    any product which is 100% halal to start but has a bit in the process where fermentation occurs and alcohol exists but on completion of the process it no longer remains is halal

                    Any product where a by product that is not halal is added becomes haram

                    very simple version there
                    So is white wine vinegar okay, say in the ingredients in a supermarket cheese sandwich or pasta?
                    Didn't used to eat it.. attending an Islamic course, where the sheikh who teaches us, told us it was permissible..
                    What about vanilla extract? Spirit vinegar?
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                      Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                      So is white wine vinegar okay, say in the ingredients in a supermarket cheese sandwich or pasta?
                      Didn't used to eat it.. attending an Islamic course, where the sheikh who teaches us, told us it was permissible..
                      What about vanilla extract? Spirit vinegar?
                      I avoid most if not all

                      I dont understand how white wine vinegar can be halal tbh as the very basic way is to add a ''culture'' to white wine

                      spirit vinegar these days is made with the spirit bit added

                      so based on the it cant have alcohol to start with and cant add alcohol how is it halal?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                        Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                        I avoid most if not all

                        I dont understand how white wine vinegar can be halal tbh as the very basic way is to add a ''culture'' to white wine

                        spirit vinegar these days is made with the spirit bit added

                        so based on the it cant have alcohol to start with and cant add alcohol how is it halal?
                        It's halal according to the majority of scholars, since alcohol is primarily forbidden due to its intoxicating effect, and foods containing white wine vinegar do not intoxicate even if consumed in large quantities

                        http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=81657

                        You can avoid it if you want, but you can't call it haram when there are different views on this.
                        Last edited by hasan2013; 28-01-17, 03:37 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                          Originally posted by hasan2013 View Post
                          It's halal according to the majority of scholars, since alcohol is primarily forbidden due to its intoxicating effect, and foods containing white wine vinegar do not intoxicate even if consumed in large quantities

                          http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=81657

                          You can avoid it if you want, but you can't call it haram when there are different views on this.
                          We have been training the son well. Well done.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                            Originally posted by hasan2013 View Post
                            It's halal according to the majority of scholars, since alcohol is primarily forbidden due to its intoxicating effect, and foods containing white wine vinegar do not intoxicate even if consumed in large quantities

                            http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=81657

                            You can avoid it if you want, but you can't call it haram when there are different views on this.
                            The commands are specific. For example there is ahadith where wine was left by a father to children and the Prophet saw was asked if they could keep it and turn it to wine. He saw said no get rid

                            We cant deal in alcohol in any way. The whole notion of drunkenness in that fatwa is voided by the saying that even one drop is haram

                            That fatwa is confusing and /or confused anyway

                            What I said initially is what its trying to say ie if nothing haram is added in the process and fermentation occurs but isnt there in the end then its legit. But add something to it that is haram and its no good.

                            Now ask yourself why they call it white wine vinegar
                            Last edited by nonameakhi; 28-01-17, 07:28 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is White Wine Vinegar Haaram?

                              But that's not alcohol. First phase of every vinegar is alcohol, the second phase of fermentation is vinegar. It's chemically totally different.
                              Don't rush your salat for anything, as you are standing in front of
                              The One who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X