Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mouthwashes that contain alcohol??

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
    thats the two colour one..that u have to mix right...??

i have that :D
    Yayy!!Yeah that one.I have the green one,the pink one looks scary

Comment

Originally posted by Unique Muslimah View Post
      Yayy!!Yeah that one.I have the green one,the pink one looks scary
      lool...theres loadsa colours..(i got 3 diff ones cos they were buy 2 get 3rd free :D)

and the taste isnt that strong either :D
      i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Well the point of not being aloud alcohol is to not intoxicate yourself so you don't lead to major sins. Alcohol in mouthwash does not intoxicate you it just kills bacteria in your mouth and it is hygienic. But i'm not sure if it is haraam.
        Nature has determinism, man has destiny. The acceptance of this destiny is the supreme and final idea of Islam. - Alija Izetbegovic

Comment

i got that 2 colour dentyl one aswell, the pink and blue one.

abdulah it doesnt matter that the alcohol in there wont intoxicate u bc if u drank just one sip from a wine glass it wont intoxicate but still its not permitted to do it :S
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
            i got that 2 colour dentyl one aswell, the pink and blue one.

abdulah it doesnt matter that the alcohol in there wont intoxicate u bc if u drank just one sip from a wine glass it wont intoxicate but still its not permitted to do it :S
            Yes i know that but mouthwash with alcohol kills a lot of bacteria in your mouth and that is hygienic. Do you know whether we are aloud to use alcohol for medical purposes?
            Nature has determinism, man has destiny. The acceptance of this destiny is the supreme and final idea of Islam. - Alija Izetbegovic

Comment

there is ikhtilaaf about it
              ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

there is ikhtilaaf about it
                have you read it?

Comment

well it might wash away the evil fag.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdulah View Post
                    have you read it?
                    briefly not comprehensively. from how i understand the difference is mainly about whether the alcohol is viewed as a najas or not. some hold the opinion that it is haram for drinking but not necessarily najas and so we can use it in creams and deodorants or whatever because it is not something impure and we are not drinking the alcohol, others class it as something najas following that we should not apply it on our skin as an ingredient in any product. As for medical purposes, it would become an issue when there is no alternative medicine other than alcohol. If it is necessary for the survival of the person, i have read the opinion that he may take it but take something which does not taste good to him (i think the reason being 2 avoid taking a pleasure from the alcohol). bt wen there is available a medicine without alcohol and medicine with alcohol then the ijma wd be it is better to take the one without because a Muslim is supposed 2 avoid doubtful matters.
                    But as i said i did not read comprehensively about it nor did i study the fiqh of this matter.
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

But aren't actions by intentions? Although I agree it's best to avoid alcohol containing mouthwash.
                      All who obey God and the messenger shall dwell in the company of those whom God has favoured with His Grace: the prophets who teach, the sincere lovers of Truth, the witnesses who testify, and the Righteous who do good. Ah! what a beautiful companionship! (An-Nisa, 69)

Please visit: www.amrkhaled.net

Comment

Yes actions are by intentions but we dont use this hadith to justify doing Haraam...
                        For example if you thought the glass contained water or milk or some Halal substance and you drank it without realising it is alcohol, then we can say actions are by intention. You did not have intention 2 do a haraam act as you were ignorant of the true contents of the glass, and had you known then you would not have consumed it.
                        Its not that you say "i drank it but my intention was not to get drunk" because you can not knowingly do a haraam action like this with a "good intention."
                        Im not sure if this is what you meant by that?
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Yes actions are by intentions but we dont use this hadith to justify doing Haraam...
                          For example if you thought the glass contained water or milk or some Halal substance and you drank it without realising it is alcohol, then we can say actions are by intention. You did not have intention 2 do a haraam act as you were ignorant of the true contents of the glass, and had you known then you would not have consumed it.
                          Its not that you say "i drank it but my intention was not to get drunk" because you can not knowingly do a haraam action like this with a "good intention."
                          Im not sure if this is what you meant by that?
                          Yes, I meant it if someone did it in ignorance. Like by accidentally swallowing a bit of mouthwash. Thanks. :up:
                          All who obey God and the messenger shall dwell in the company of those whom God has favoured with His Grace: the prophets who teach, the sincere lovers of Truth, the witnesses who testify, and the Righteous who do good. Ah! what a beautiful companionship! (An-Nisa, 69)

Please visit: www.amrkhaled.net

Comment

It seems that it is better to avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol from these posts especially as it is not needed. There are non alcoholic versions. Listerine contains alcohol, should it be thrown away?
                            Last edited by usernametaken; 09-05-17, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
                              It seems that it is better to avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol from these posts especially as it is not needed. There are non alcoholic versions. Listerine contains alcohol, should it be thrown away?
                              I would personally avoid it as much as I can.
                              If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
                                You answered your own question. Think!

Comment

Working...
                                X