Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister Anna

Salaam

I was just wondering where u got ur pic from n what made u choose it...not because i'm nosey! But I was in WHSmith the other day n saw a book called 'The Caged Virgin'...and it had ur pic on the cover. So I was wondering if you had read the book, or if there was some other reason why. I read the back of the book cover n it seems like a regular rubbish story about an oppressed muslim sister (somali) who escaped an 'opressive religious doctrine', fleeing to netherlands to escape and arranged marriage, blah blah blah...
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: Sister Anna

oohh no i didnt see that book, its a shame they are using this picture for a book which has just a story (typical )
    I got it from either getty images or veer.com cant remember which now... I just picked it cos I liked it
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Oh ok! Thanx 4 clearing that up...lol, i kno its sounds sad but its been bugging me 4 ages cos evertime i see it i think 'caged virgin' ...where are all the muslim female writers when u need them
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
        oohh no i didnt see that book, its a shame they are using this picture for a book which has just a story (typical )
        I got it from either getty images or veer.com cant remember which now... I just picked it cos I liked it
        Salam Alaikum
        I've always loved anna's avatar. Have thought about saving it a few times :D May I anna?? It is very beautiful!! Mashallah!! :inlove:

Habiba

Comment

yeh of course u can :)
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Lol talk about being put on the spotlight
            If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

yeh of course u can :)
              Shokran!! Jazak'Allah khair

Habiba

Comment

Well.....

Originally posted by BILLI_KHAN View Post
                Oh ok! Thanx 4 clearing that up...lol, i kno its sounds sad but its been bugging me 4 ages cos evertime i see it i think 'caged virgin' ...where are all the muslim female writers when u need them
                Masha'allah there are some sisters that have written excellent pieces, one book in praticular is 'From my sisters' Lips' by a revert Ukthy Naima bint Roberts: http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Sisters-L.../dp/0593054415

Also of course we have our Ukthy Yvonne Ridley with her book 'In the hands of the Taliban': http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hands-Taliba...828695-8647958

Comment

Re: Well.....

Originally posted by Abu Hurairah View Post
                  Masha'allah there are some sisters that have written excellent pieces, one book in praticular is 'From my sisters' Lips' by a revert Ukthy Naima bint Roberts: http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Sisters-L.../dp/0593054415

Also of course we have our Ukthy Yvonne Ridley with her book 'In the hands of the Taliban': http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hands-Taliba...828695-8647958
                  Brother I loved reading from my sisters lips..I once lend it to this chinese girl who went to my school and she ended up accepting Islam just by reading the book. Allahu Akbar.

I've had the awesome previlage to hear Sisters Yvonne ridleys story from her own lips right infront of my very eyes alhamdulilah:) . I wouldnt mind reading her book too though inshaAllah. She's so inspirational to us sisters and i'm sure brothers. May Allah Always be pleased with her, ameen.

:jkk: for the links...

and at those fakes that write books about escaping some family, coming to the west and becoming a kafir. What a cheap price to sell your Imaan for, woe to them.
                  "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

i didnt kno sister yvonne has a book
                    naima roberts book is good masha allah i got that :D

Comment

From my sisters' Lips' by a revert Ukthy Naima bint Roberts: http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Sisters-L.../dp/0593054415
                      good book, well written.. this sis should write more books..

Comment

Originally posted by OBL View Post
                        good book, well written.. this sis should write more books..
                        she mainly writes childrens books

Comment

The official statement.....

Originally posted by BeeBee View Post
                          Brother I loved reading from my sisters lips..I once lend it to this chinese girl who went to my school and she ended up accepting Islam just by reading the book. Allahu Akbar.

I've had the awesome previlage to hear Sisters Yvonne ridleys story from her own lips right infront of my very eyes alhamdulilah:) . I wouldnt mind reading her book too though inshaAllah. She's so inspirational to us sisters and i'm sure brothers. May Allah Always be pleased with her, ameen.

:jkk: for the links...

and at those fakes that write books about escaping some family, coming to the west and becoming a kafir. What a cheap price to sell your Imaan for, woe to them.
                          Barak'allahu Feeki, na'am I strongly recommend Ukthy Naima's book as it gives an insight of how it is living in the West giving us the perspective of the lives of Muslims, reverts, and how its like being a sister with the challenges- when I read it I was kind of moved, subhan'allah her journey was quite a read.

Na'am as a daw'ah tool, in particular for females who think that kufr gives them 'freedom' and sisters are oppressed and mistreated in our dean this book is ideal and an eye opener.

I just gave the Amazon links to show these books exist- where one can try insha'allah and buy from Islamic bookstores and help them out insha'allah. :up:

Masha'allah to you and the Chinese sister of ours- may Allah (swt) keep her firm- Ameen.

May Allah (swt) protect sister Yvonne and her family-Ameen.
                          i didnt kno sister yvonne has a book
                          naima roberts book is good masha allah i got that :D
                          Just to clarify LOL :D I entered the thread knowing it was entitled 'Sister Anna' but it was slipping closer and closer towards the bottom and I wasn't sure if you had read it yet to help the poster with whatever enquiry there was thinking the possibility was there it could be something serious she needed help with (I actually was half thinking Ukthy Billi Khan was a bro because of the user name. )

So I entered after thinking more than twice :p to see if you had replied and helped the sister and if not would have brought this to your attention and asked you to do so insha'allah. Or ask poster to use HelpDesk, or even assist myself if possible- so yeah thats why I entered and saw the content and posted and not because I thought I got access to something I shouldn't have and had bad intentions and stuff, seriously! :)

And thats kind of it. :help:

Comment

Re: The official statement.....

Lol bro I never had ne doubts about you entering the thread :p and anyway it would not be summat private or nething posted right in the middle of the lifestyle forum :D

Comment

Re: The official statement.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ticket-Parad...399023-0227157

Ticket to Paradise

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X