Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working while studying

Salams peep
    With an MA degree in history, will there be job for me if i want to work while studying in London? InshaAllah if I get a place in one of the uni in Londonistan I'd like to work. what type of job can i get with this qualification? teaching at primary school? secondary school? ok, other type of job will do too, if that job wont take much of my time, and wont disturb my study. I want to earn some money:D

Re: Working while studying

initially i wanted to avoid london, but end up applying to three unis in London
    Last edited by Supernova Nebula; 17-02-07, 05:20 AM.

Comment

hopefully the UKers have already woken up now:D

Comment

i guess it depends on how much time you will need to dedicate to your masters, so i'm guessing you'll want parttime/weekend work?

do you have any teaching qualifications from where you are from? cos otherwise i don't think you'll be able to teach here

also, what type of visa will you be using? and are you being sponsored?

i think on a student visa you can only work a certain number of hours, and similarly if you are being sponsored you can only work a limited number of hours

once you get an offer inshaAllaah...look on the internet for what kind of work is available for you

not sure if callcentre/cafe/shop work is what you are looking for :S

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
          i guess it depends on how much time you will need to dedicate to your masters, so i'm guessing you'll want parttime/weekend work?

do you have any teaching qualifications from where you are from? cos otherwise i don't think you'll be able to teach here

also, what type of visa will you be using? and are you being sponsored?

i think on a student visa you can only work a certain number of hours, and similarly if you are being sponsored you can only work a limited number of hours

once you get an offer inshaAllaah...look on the internet for what kind of work is available for you

not sure if callcentre/cafe/shop work is what you are looking for :S
          Actually i already have masters, no, I dont have teaching qualifications. I'll be using student visa and will be sponsored inshaAllah.

Comment

Someone told me cooking in a restaurant pays quite well, I love this idea but cooking is tiring and takes time and i'm afraid will disturb my studies:o

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
              Actually i already have masters, no, I dont have teaching qualifications. I'll be using student visa and will be sponsored inshaAllah.

Comment

Someone told me cooking in a restaurant pays quite well, I love this idea but cooking is tiring and takes time and i'm afraid will disturb my studies:o
                yeh...it'd be difficult studying all day...working all night

cafe work pays alright..and they are usually looking for people

Comment

they ask for qualification even on part time basis?

Comment

they ask for qualification even on part time basis?
                    yes

Comment

yeh...it'd be difficult studying all day...working all night

cafe work pays alright..and they are usually looking for people
                      but i'm thinking if it really pays well, and i can manage my time, then why not:D ok, about accomadation, which is more economic, on campus or offcampus?

Comment

but i'm thinking if it really pays well, and i can manage my time, then why not:D ok, about accomadation, which is more economic, on campus or offcampus?
                        probably on campus....cos that includes your bills etc, but you might be able to find a cheap room in a student flat

what area in london are you thinking about?

(try and live within walking distance of ur uni...london transport is ludicrously priced )

Comment

Comment

probably on campus....cos that includes your bills etc, but you might be able to find a cheap room in a student flat

what area in london are you thinking about?

(try and live within walking distance of ur uni...london transport is ludicrously priced )
                            hafsa, read your pm, actually i dunno where the uni is located:D

Comment

Don't know if this will help for jobs:

http://www.reed.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X