Fajr Waking Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fajr Waking Tips

Fajr is easier this winter as you can pray it just before work or your normal waking time (before half 7)

share your tips :up: and the rewards for praying fajr :love:
    and for those of you have body clocks waking you up, mashallah

8 tips for getting your kids up for Fajr during the school year

Back-to-school means more than just new school supplies and more challenging homework for kids: it also indicates a slip back into the routine of getting up early to catch the bus, and if possible, some breakfast before rushing out.
    It’s hard enough getting the kids out of bed to get to school on time. But do you ever wonder how some parents get their kids to pray Fajr during school days and get to school on time?

Tip #1: Get them to go to bed early
    Never underestimate the power of a good night’s rest. This is crucial in ensuring Jehan or Amin are not just attentive in class, but that they remain healthy as well.

Parents can do more in this area than just setting a specific bedtime and enforcing it. They must set the example by also going to bed early and not wasting time on late night television or just lounging around. This way, the whole family is in synch and has a regular schedule.

Tip #2: Avoid too much junk food
    What are childhood and adolescence without chips, candy bars and soft drinks?
    These types of food are high in sugar and tend to make people hyper and lazy, kids included.
    Reducing junk food intake, or limiting it to weekends, as well as increasing kids’ consumption of fruits and vegetables will ensure a healthier diet, and less sluggishness.

Even the time kids consume junk foods should be limited to between Zuhr and Maghrib, as opposed to early in the morning or late at night, before bed

Tip #3: Get them all alarm clocks
    In most cases getting to bed on time and reducing junk food intake should be enough to ensure your kids wake up for Fajr. But there are always those of us, and this goes for kids as well, who need a virtual explosion outside our bedroom windows to wake us up (this writer included).
    In this case, the alarm clock becomes your ally.

If this is also not possible, get any alarm clock. The louder the better. And don’t just think you have to use only one alarm clock. If waking up is a very severe hardship in your household, buy and set a series of alarm clocks at various places in the home.

Tip #4: Assign one of the kids the responsibility for waking everyone up
    This should instill enough responsibility in any person’s heart to force them to wake up for Fajr. It reminds them that if they oversleep and miss Fajr, mom, dad, and all brothers and/or sisters will be missing it too, all because of him or her. “They take it as a responsibility and a challenge,” explains Idris Ali of the wisdom of this method to get kids to wake up for Fajr. Using this method also stresses the importance of Fajr prayer, and creates a sense of dutifulness and responsibility. The kids should take turns doing this, but the older ones should be made responsible for getting the younger ones up.

Assigning a responsibility can also be extended to calling the Adhan in the house. This means if you give Ameer or Hassan the responsibility for calling the Adhan on different days, they will also be forced to get up, while their older brother Mahmud may be responsible for waking everyone up.

Tip #5: Attach getting up for Fajr with a certain privilege
    That means, for instance, that if Jameel misses Fajr on Thursday morning, he will not be allowed to go over to his friend’s place later that evening. Doing this emphasizes that praying Fajr is not just something that is “good to do”. It is something all Muslims have to do upon reaching a certain age, and there are consequences for not doing so.

Tip #6: Avoid rewarding them for praying Fajr
    Idris Ali does not recommend rewarding kids for getting up and praying Fajr, because it is possible they will stop doing so once the reward is given. “We want to move from expecting only a reward to loving Allah,” he notes. Emphasizing the need to be grateful to Allah for all of things He has blessed us with should also stress the importance of prayer, especially Fajr, which is often hard to get up for.

Tip #7: For teenagers: make sure they have friends who pray Fajr

While it is usually easier to encourage young kids to pray Fajr (which may explain the wisdom of the Hadith at the beginning of this article), it’s harder to get teenagers not used to praying to do so. In this case, it’s important that they develop friendships with other practicing Muslims their age. This will have a positive effect on them, and they are more likely to listen to their peers and follow their example at this age, than their parents. You can start doing this by widening your circle of family friends to include practicing Muslim families who have (also practicing) kids your son or daughter’s age.

As well, invest in sending your kids to Muslim youth camps regularly, where the habit of praying Fajr is practiced. A one-week camp may be better in this regard, since it gives more time to develop the habit of praying in general, as opposed to a two or three-day camp.

Tip #8: Establish a Fajr wake up calling system
    This can work for adults too, but especially teenagers. Get your kids to call up their friends to wake them up for Fajr and vice-versa. This will serve as positive peer pressure, and will feel less like mom or dad are nagging them to get up.

They can also drive to the local Masjid if they have their driver’s license, with their friends, making this a way to pray and meet friends, and in turn increase brotherhood. Girls can also call each other to wake up for Fajr. Praying Fajr is difficult for many Muslims, of all ages. But as Idris Ali notes, a person who can wake up and pray Fajr can perform the other prayers easily. Let’s encourage this habit in our kids this school year.

Courtesy: www.everymuslim.com

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Re: Fajr Waking Tips

Jazakallah khair!... that probably applies to us grown adults too! :o
    (Ibn Taymiyyah)
    www.cage.ngo
    www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

I use the body clock. dont need no alram clock.

the link dont work..

http://www.everymuslim.com/

Comment

Comment

fajr is early but now its getting earlier each day.

i noticed im not waking up on time sometimes and personally i reckon alarm clocks are useless.
          all i do when the alarm goes on is switch it back off again and go back to sleep.:zzz:

Comment

jazakallah akhi, im so stupid i never thought of that.
            i will do that from today.

Comment

I set a alarm clock on my computer and put the volume on high, that usually wakes me up instantly, hah it probably even wakes the neighbours up :D
              Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

"Shaytaan ties three knots on the crown of any one of you in your sleep. He says upon each knot that he ties: "You have a long night before you, therefore sleep". But if you wake up and mention Allah, Most Exalted in remembrance one knot will be untied. If you then make ablution another knot will be undone. If you then proceed to pray the last knot will be disentangled. Thus, you will feel in the morning energetic and in good spirits. Otherwise you will feel in a despicable state, lazy".

[narrated by Maalik, Bukhaaree, Muslim and Abu Dawood]

and theres also a hadith about the person who sleeps all night without praying has shaytaan urinate in his ears but i cannae find it or the narration source

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

I set a alarm clock on my computer and put the volume on high, that usually wakes me up instantly, hah it probably even wakes the neighbours up
                  You leave your computer on all night than?

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                    jazakallah akhi, im so stupid i never thought of that.
                    i will do that from today.
                    Always the simple things we forgot,, stupidity has nothing to do with it

:embar: It help's if you get an early night, 6 hours sleep is sufficient

Comment

I set no Alarm Alhamdulilah, I always wake up a little after 4:00 am and I dont get back to sleep, I get up do my wudu and recite some quraan until it's fajr time then start praying fajr.

No matter how late I sleep I always wake up at 4:00 am.

Fajr here is around 5:13 am.
                      "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

Originally posted by OBL View Post
                        You leave your computer on all night than?
                        Yes sir i do, i disconnect the internet though, i got like 2 super fans in my cpu to keep everything cool.

Waking up for fajr is more important than my cpu being on all night.
                        Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Have this as your incentive:

Rasululah SAW said: the munafiq [hyprocrite] finds the fajr prayer hard to pray

Now, you don't wanna be a munafiq in the lowest depths of hell do you..
                          http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                          Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Jazakallah khayr sis those are some nice tips for families :up:
                            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

and if kids are still not waking up after caryying out all the tips from sis Eemaan, then hose them down with water, ice cold preferably :D , pull that duvet off, open the curtains and let in the light, turn on the radio loud and if that dosnt get em up then but not too hard please
                              actually hopefully not at all
                              Last edited by heaven2002; 15-02-07, 09:06 PM. Reason: please do not smack, i am kiddin
                              muslim sister

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X