Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyones veiws on how overseas men treat women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyones veiws on how overseas men treat women?

aslamu alkum,

i posted this post just becuase i want to know all of your veiws and opinons and if it is just me that feels that way?

Truthfully, I feel that overseas men take advantage of a women. They expect to much of them. They do love them and treat well BUT they just think they are their slaves. As a daughter of an overseas man, i belive that he loves me but expects to much of me. He thinks women should cook and clean and AT the same time to be educated. I always inform him that our life styles in america are diffenrent. I am an only girl so i am the only one that feels this way. My mother obvsouly grew up in an arab counrty so she is taught the same way. Although she does agreee with me but she just doesnt apply what i say. I belive a women should have a choice to do the work she wants. I am not forced to do anything but i am expected to do a lot. Men should get up and do some house and help a women.

PLEAE MEN DO NOT MAKE YOUR WIVES, SISTERS, or any other girls or women you are assoicted with go CRAZY..Remeber women are liek pearls, they are too presious to lose :)
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Re: What is everyones veiws on how overseas men treat women?

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
    aslamu alkum,

i posted this post just becuase i want to know all of your veiws and opinons and if it is just me that feels that way?

Truthfully, I feel that overseas men take advantage of a women. They expect to much of them. They do love them and treat well BUT they just think they are their slaves. As a daughter of an overseas man, i belive that he loves me but expects to much of me. He thinks women should cook and clean and AT the same time to be educated. I always inform him that our life styles in america are diffenrent. I am an only girl so i am the only one that feels this way. My mother obvsouly grew up in an arab counrty so she is taught the same way. Although she does agreee with me but she just doesnt apply what i say. I belive a women should have a choice to do the work she wants. I am not forced to do anything but i am expected to do a lot. Men should get up and do some house and help a women.

PLEAE MEN DO NOT MAKE YOUR WIVES, SISTERS, or any other girls or women you are assoicted with go CRAZY..Remeber women are liek pearls, they are too presious to lose :)

err ok so stop them getting educated? :scratch:

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
      err ok so stop them getting educated? :scratch:
      lol ur ignorant :)
      Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

what do you mean by overseas men?

when i get married id want my wife to stay at home - nowt wrong with that, she'll have plenty of time to do the housework while im at work:D

Comment

lol ur ignorant :)
          it was a question miss inteligence

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

personally i dont think this is something to do with overseas men or what ever its to do with how educated in their deen they are, i know Alhamdulillah of many brothers from "overseas" who fear Allah in reagrds to women and would never opress their wives/daughters and treat them as slaves, they help around the house,in fact they see that as a way to please Allah ta ala by making it easy on their wives.

I know of one brother he has 4 wives masha Allah, and more than 28 children ( as i last heard could be more now :D ) he is an imam takes care of an islamic community, a brother to the muslims, counsells many muslims in thier marriage difficulties, leads groups on haj trips, has written hundreds of Islamic books, gives lectures, and never neglects his family subhanAllah when he is at home he helps his wives, yes even cooks too, and sends his wives gifts if hes away subhanAllah, and hes from "overseas"

so u see sister its all about the deen and iman, not the nationality the more he understands and has knowledge of his deen,then the better muslim a man is, then the more he will seek the reward of Allah ta ala,and the more he will show kindness to his family because the prophet SalAllahu alleyhi wa salam said

"The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women." [at-Tirmidhi]

and thats what it all comes down to ukhti, knowledge and implementation of Islam without that, we will see a lot of unjust and strange behaviours from men (and also women who are not exempt from this type of thing, and will try to exhibit control and injustice in other ways like emotional blackmail for example)

May Allah ta ala guide us all amin.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

As a daughter of an overseas man,
              lol sis sorry but that cracked me up seriously

does that mean you are no longer overseas urself?
              "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

Originally posted by Basayev View Post
                what do you mean by overseas men?

when i get married id want my wife to stay at home - nowt wrong with that, she'll have plenty of time to do the housework while im at work:D
                hahah...ur pretty mean. she can stay home do her job such as cooking and cleaning BUT you just cant treat her liek a slave

Comment

it was a question miss inteligence
                  lol....well THEY SHOULD GET EDUCATED...you should not stuff them with work.
                  You should not let them do more than what there capable of. education itself is enough. house work itself is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBee View Post
                    lol sis sorry but that cracked me up seriously

does that mean you are no longer overseas urself?
                    no i was born and raised in america which means i am culturely diffenrent..

Comment

lol....well THEY SHOULD GET EDUCATED...you should not stuff them with work.
                      You should not let them do more than what there capable of. education itself is enough. house work itself is enough.
                      so if theyre not capable to be educated and do the housework then maybe they should stop with the education? :scratch:

Comment

maybe you think your father is "old fashioned"? your muslim right? so you do realize that men and women are equal before Allah (swt), but that we have different roles? its hard being young and having so many household responsibilities, especially when you have the desires of the dunya pulling at you all the time.

your father just wants you to know how to take care of a home because when you become a wife and a mother, you'll need these skills, and by then, you will already be use to it.

i know some young sisters that never cooked, cleaned, cared for little ones, til they got married. they didnt know how to do anything, husbands became frustrated with them, they became frustrated with themselves. all moms, regardless of where your from, should take care of their house and children. and yes, husbands/fathers should help out.

remember your not a slave of the house, your Queen of your Castle..;)

Comment

What Tahiyah said is excellent advice :)
                          Also I dont think u can generalise about "overseas men" as each person is different, not all treat women like slaves and it is wrong to do that but at the same time wen parents ask children to help in the home that is not slavery and its not something wrong
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

so if theyre not capable to be educated and do the housework then maybe they should stop with the education? :scratch:
                            nope stop with house work

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk View Post
                              What Tahiyah said is excellent advice :)
                              Also I dont think u can generalise about "overseas men" as each person is different, not all treat women like slaves and it is wrong to do that but at the same time wen parents ask children to help in the home that is not slavery and its not something wrong
                              :jkk: sis:)
                              "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X