Poll for UK citizens of Pakistani origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll for UK citizens of Pakistani origin

When you were growing up, were you ever told by any older members of your family (such as parents/uncles/siblings etc) things like "don't get too attached to this country, cos' you never know when the goray will kick us out"?

Poll options:

1- Yes
    2- No

I've come across so many people around me saying their parents have told them this. I wish I could vote more than once on their behalf.
    yes
    69.70%
    no
    30.30%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by neels; 11-12-06, 12:04 AM.

Re: Poll for UK citizens of Pakistani origin

"Dont get too attached to this dunya...cos you never know when the angel of death will kick your butt"
    http:/www.alghurabaa.org
    Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Lol, I've not heard parents or elders say that Abu Muslim. Maybe they should

Comment

I'm more inclined to leave willin'ly than be kicked out... :wavey:
        Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

Comment

am not pakistani so i wont vote... but inlaws tell us this
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Yeah it was so funny..

Them: Don't get too attached to this country, cos' you never know when the goray will kick us out...

Me: No no, don't get too attached to this country, cos' you never know when the goray will kick YOU out...

:rotfl:

T'isnt good for integration...but having said that, these days, someone in Pakistan will sell you out for a bit of money...
            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

I'm not Pakistani but Technically Indian (Indian/Burmese + other Mix innit), and yep Our parents and especially grand parents use to say this a lot, but then again they were kicked out of Burma at one point:(

Comment

The old folk don't need to tell me that... I volunatrily choose not to attach myself to this country... but not due to the threat of bein' kicked out *takes everythin' in his stride*.
                Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk View Post
                  am not pakistani so i wont vote... but inlaws tell us this
                  I thought you were pakistani. Are you a revert?
                  I am not a paki and not from UK, so I won't vote.

Comment

As Salaamu Alaikum,

Me and a friend of mine both agree on this, he is Bangladeshi origin.

If I was kicked out of this country I would be screwed big time, It's the only motivation that has driven me back to education. Get myself an education so I can leave before I get kicked out. I don't blame them, even the white folk here don't like it so they move to places like New Zeeland and Australia. If I want to I could go to the USA, but that's even worse than here.

Ma'aSalaama

Comment

Originally posted by tahm563 View Post
                      I thought you were pakistani. Are you a revert?
                      I am not a paki and not from UK, so I won't vote.
                      I'll go first.

Al-Hasan Al-Basree said: people are the same in health but when hardship befalls they show distinction. Ibn al Qayyim :love:

Comment

some "goray" people are nice u know, they are really welcoming and enjoy our company!

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Saeed Abdi View Post
                          As Salaamu Alaikum,

If I was kicked out of this country I would be screwed big time, It's the only motivation that has driven me back to education. Get myself an education so I can leave before I get kicked out. I don't blame them, even the white folk here don't like it so they move to places like New Zeeland and Australia. If I want to I could go to the USA, but that's even worse than here.

Ma'aSalaama
                          Here in the U.S., Indians and Pakistanis of all faiths are doing extremely well.

As a matter of fact, we can't seem to import enough Indian and Pakistani immigrants. (On Friday night I spoke with a physician who now develops artificial tissues who was complaining about this.)

On the other hand, the global economy is changing so rapidly that it's probably not good to get too attached to any one place. You've got to go to where the work is most interesting and pays the best.

Many people in the U.S. move every five years for work reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Saeed Abdi View Post
                            As Salaamu Alaikum,

Ma'aSalaama
                            Australia is very racist. Hijabi girls and bearded men are rare sights. They have a very hard time finding a job. You don't wanna move in here, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post
                              some "goray" people are nice u know, they are really welcoming and enjoy our company!

Some yeh....but the majority of working class folks bar a few despise asians and dont want us here. You can tell by the attitude they give you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X