dare to be different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dare to be different?

do you dare to stand out in the crowd, as a proud muslim, despite all the negative portrayals of muslims? maybe u feel ashamed of being a muslim in this day and age and wanna hide your true identity? how u do guys feel?

Re: dare to be different?

no way never feel ashamed to be a Muslim!
    anyway how can we hide our identity it smacks the person in their face as soon as they see us :D
    am very proud 2 b a Muslim. Islam is the best thing any of us have, we should all be proud. Its something good, we shud not hide it. If someone has a negative views that is their prob... but by being open n proud that u are a muslim, then u open the chance 2 b asked about it, so u canremove their misconceptions.
    Sometimes ppl make stupid comments but that is not a big thing, weigh it against the benefit we hav of being muslim n it is as if it did not exist.
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

yaaaaaaaay mashaAllah i feel the same! :D

Comment

edit
        Last edited by hayatto; 11-03-12, 09:55 PM.
        أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post
          do you dare to stand out in the crowd, as a proud muslim, despite all the negative portrayals of muslims? maybe u feel ashamed of being a muslim in this day and age and wanna hide your true identity? how u do guys feel?
          I Do DARE:up: so proud 2 b a muslim:) Alhamdulilah
          i think there is a hadith (prophecy) about some muslims who will be ashamed or will try to hide their religion out of shame :(
          -pray:Allahu Akbar

Comment

NoLongerLost
            why aren't u Alhamsulilah so any more:) No Longer Lost

Comment

I never met a Muslim yet who was ashamed to be one, rather the reverse. The only time there was ever a suggestion remotely related, was after the London bombings. A relative of one of the bombers from Leeds came on TV and seemed stunned himself by what his nephew had done. Many of us felt sorry for him, and realised the event was nothing of his doing.
              "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

Originally posted by *Muhammad* View Post
                NoLongerLost
                why aren't u Alhamsulilah so any more:) No Longer Lost
                sorry i dont understand ur comment..:(

but i chose that name because im pleased that Allah chose to guide me. Whoever Allah guides, none can misguide and whoever Allah misguides, none can guide.

Comment

but i chose that name because im pleased that Allah chose to guide me. Whoever Allah guides, none can misguide and whoever Allah misguides, none can guide.
                  mashallha..
                  :lailah:

Comment

that was my question :) and u answered it, btw there was a mistake Alhamsulilah (I should write Alhamdulilah )

Comment

ohhhh ryyyyttt

Comment

I've always been proud to be different, even before I was a Muslim, i used to have really long hair (and i mean really long) and people would be rude to me, but i never cared what they thought, but as a Muslim, I live by what Allah says is right and I'm proud to be different :D
                        A small Du'a can make a big difference :D
                        Make Dua for your brothers and sisters, wouldn't you want good things to happen to them as much as good things happening to you?

http://onlybeautyinislam.wordpress.com

Comment

We should all be different- this goes without saying.....

Ukthy it is the hallmark of a Muslim that he or she is different from the kuffar internal and externally with pride that they have been blessed to be guided as the slaves of Allah (swt) and the followers of Rasul'Allah (saw) and part of hsi Ummah, we have no shame in this.

Our identity is clear- it is that we are Muslim first and Muslim last and that our creed is clear, no fallacies of 'citizenship'/ 'nationality'/ 'culture'/ 'race'/ 'tradition'/ 'colour'/ 'modernism'/ 'liberalist', etc. even comes into the equation- we are firmly rooted in our Tawheed and subsequent allegiance to Allah (swt), his Prophet (saw), and the Muslimoun so refuse to be swayed or swept away by the times that pass nor mass hysteria, etc.

Try insha'allah to remind oneself of the beautiful ahadith:

"Certainly Islaam began as [something] strange, and it will become strange once again as it began. So, blessed are the strangers."

Sahih Muslim and Ahmad.

We thus long to be strange amongst the followers of kufr distinguished by our imaan and pray we are thereby counted and considered from amongst the al- Ghurabaa' (The Strangers)- may glad tidings be upon them- Ameen.
                          Last edited by Fudhayl; 10-12-06, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Re: We should all be different- this goes without saying.....

:up: masha allah :D
                            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I LURRRRRRRRRRRRRV BEIN A MUSLIM :hidban: :D :hidban: :inlove: :hidban: :D :hidban: alhumdullilah @) tiz a TIK TIK B0O0OMIN FEEEEELLIIN

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X