Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a guy and a girl JUST be friends?

salaam

do guys thing having platonic friendships is ok? this is mostly about opinion

islamically it is not alright but whats happening today proves otherwise. soo many times you hear people say "oh but we're just friends/ nothing is gonna happen/ i see him as a brother/ i see her as a sister...." etc....

whats ur lots opinions on this? is it possible for non mahrams to be just friends in this society?

Re: can a guy and a girl JUST be friends?

one of my friends got proposed to by the guy that she said 'oh id never marry him , hes like an annoying bro''

now they are married lol

When Islam outlines things, when Allah command us to do things and we are advised by the prophet then we should follow. Allah is our creator and who knows the best advise over the one who created the creation!? Obviously Allah alone , and the prophet (Saw) was sent to spread the message , so subhanallah , we cant have buts to what we have to do as muslims. It seems people make it a 'difficult' thing to follow but u will find its so beautiful and simple to follow al islam ! When u do things and u know u are seeking the pleasure of Allah , what more a better intention and feeling to have. There is the hadeeth which states that when there is a man and woman alone, the third is shaytaan , meaning anything could happen between because of the nature of man [resulting in zina : note: zina can coe in different forms],& as Allah mentions in the Quran that things have been made in pairs , and that the male and female have been created & they may come together in marriage with love and mercy between them. The commands set by Allah is protection for us to keep on the striaght path. And our purpose in this life should be to worship Allah , so to 'but' what Allah has put forward seems a bit shakey ! We have testified that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and that prophet muhammed is the final messenger. By saying this , this tawheed, believing in Allah , u have to believe in all of his attributes, He is The protector , The Guider, The forgiver,The Trustee The most Powerful, The Wise, The Holy. Subhanallah , Glory be to Him!!!
    Last edited by muslim_sis; 07-12-06, 07:41 PM.
    Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

yes it is a peeve of mine when ppl say "oh i cd not marry him, he is like my own brother to me." - he is not ur mahram, why evelate him 2 that status, and that level of closeness?!
      its understandable, we have brothers in islam n we may like n respect them but we dont become like close with them, that u think of him like ur blood brother... if u consider a bro like that, u have gone past ur boundary!!!
      :S
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

lol welll some people do actually say that!

Comment

edit
          Last edited by hayatto; 11-03-12, 09:55 PM.
          أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post
            lol welll some people do actually say that!
            yess they do! i have heard it and not just the once
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by arh_mihaela View Post
              surely not!
              care to explain why?

Comment

Depends what a friend is...

:)
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk View Post
                  yess they do! i have heard it and not just the once
                  LOLL 1 bro actually said to me...actually 2...they go ur like the sis ive neva had and i didnt no what 2 say so i was like hey! dont go insulting ur blood sisters! they aint gonna b 2 happy wen they find out!

Comment

Originally posted by TEH View Post
                    Depends what a friend is...

:)
                    sum1 u have a laff with or spend time with or go out with... etc

Comment

edit
                      Last edited by hayatto; 11-03-12, 09:55 PM.
                      أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post
                        salaam

do guys thing having platonic friendships is ok? this is mostly about opinion

islamically it is not alright but whats happening today proves otherwise. soo many times you hear people say "oh but we're just friends/ nothing is gonna happen/ i see him as a brother/ i see her as a sister...." etc....

whats ur lots opinions on this? is it possible for non mahrams to be just friends in this society?

u gotta be kiddin...even this is an issue

Comment

I think the concept of friendship is pretty weak in Islam. We are awliyah of eachother. Between a muslim sister and brother I think it is questionable. It is better to respect eachother as brother and sister instead of reducing the others' status by becoming friends. Plus by becoming friends we introduce an avenue for shaitan to attack. Even on these forums the sisters here are my sisters and awliyah (not friends) from which to seek advice or knowledge without seeing them and thus benefiting without the fitnah. Inshallah we will battle shaitan until our last breath and be victorious. Ameen.
                          Al-Hasan Al-Basree said: people are the same in health but when hardship befalls they show distinction. Ibn al Qayyim :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Khubaib View Post
                            I think the concept of friendship is pretty weak in Islam. We are awliyah of eachother. Between a muslim sister and brother I think it is questionable. It is better to respect eachother as brother and sister instead of reducing the others' status by becoming friends. Plus by becoming friends we introduce an avenue for shaitan to attack. Even on these forums the sisters here are my sisters and awliyah (not friends) from which to seek advice or knowledge without seeing them and thus benefiting without the fitnah. Inshallah we will battle shaitan until our last breath and be victorious. Ameen.
                            Ameen.
                            :love:
                            "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

It depends on the 2 people... but yh. i think they can be just friends..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X