• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 excuses by women who don't wear Hijab

Originally posted by amal19 View Post
    A fwded mail...

Top 10 excuses by women who don't wear the Hijab

Salaams All

This list has been compiled after research and is not intended to offend or insult anyone. After reading them it is possible to reach ones own conclusions. As usual please feel free to publish post and circulate as widely as possible. Comments and feedback would be appreciated as always. Jzk. [email protected] com

1. Friends will reject me

The people I hang around with and really tight with none of them wear hijab/ jilbaab and they take the mickey out of those that do. Especially the hijabies who check out boys and do dirty dancing at college.uni parties. Names like fundies, molvies, hypocrites and they cover coz they are ugly. If I wear the hijab then I will lose all my friends and have the **** taken out of me as well.

2. Harm my career

I worked my arse of to get where I am now in my career. I got a big salary, status and I enjoy the respect I get from colleagues and community. I can't risk all that for a piece of cloth, besides I would look weird in board meetings and work parties in the pub and nightclubs. InshAllah when I get married in my 30s and have kids in my mid 30s, I'll cover as I'm supposed to then.

3. My family are westernised

No one in my family wears hijab, even my grandmother wears bright coloured stylish clothes. If I were to wear the hijab I'd feel strange coz we have family gatherings where all the women dress in sarees and other revealing clothes and at our weddings we have a DJ playing bhangra music and we all dance to bollywood tunes, even my grandmother does a few funky moves on the dance floor.

4. Non-Muslims will stare

I've noticed since 7/7 that non-Muslims regard anyone who looks like a Muslim as a potential terrorist and by wearing the hijab I would attract attention. By wearing western clothes I get away with non-Muslims thinking I'm a Hindu, Sikh or moderate non-practicing Muslim. I've even had white guys trying to chat me up coz they think I'm up for it based on the tight western clothing that I wear.

5. I'm still young

I'm only 27 I've got my whole life ahead of me. I'm still enjoying life, u know what I mean, flirting with guys,clubbing, hanging out with mates in shopping centres. When I get married and have kids I'll wear it then

6. I wont get attention from guys

I love the attention I get from guys and the way they look at me u know what I mean. I'm checking out 3 guys at the moment. Ones my age, ones older and one is older and married. I guess we all need a toy boy as well as a father figure /sugar daddy. I'll choose one of them, although I've got a few my age from uni as back up.

After I've lived my life to the max and played the field and settled down then I might consider wearing it, even cover my face coz I don't wanna meet any of my ex's now do I ? Shoot 2 birds with 1 stone, appear pious and avoid hassle with former boyfriends , great idea, hijab. Jilbab and niqab.

7. I dress modestly

I wear loose modest clothes which cover and hide my curves, I know my hair is exposed but at least I'm more or less covered, better than a lot of girls/women who dress like tarts.

8. People will think I'm a fundamentalist

There is so much in the media nowadays about Muslims getting radicalised and rejecting western values and becoming fundamentalists. I just don't want people to think that I am one also. Although I know that the west and its values are decadent and filthy, I don't think it's wise to express this. I pray and fast etc, I don't need to wear Islamic clothing to be a good Muslim coz Islam is in my heart.

9. I worked hard to get this figure

After going to the gym and Pilates fro 6 months I've finally achieved the hourglass figure which men find attractive. I enjoy the attention I get and feel attractive. By wearing the hijab/jilbaab I would just be an ordinary woman in the eyes of men and only religious types with big beards would be interested in me.

10. When in Rome do as the Romans

We live in the UK and not in a Muslim country so why follow Islam rigidly? Also compared to non-Muslim women who practically walk around naked I dress and behave quite respectably.

Whenever I visit back home I wear different clothes coz I don't want people to think bad of me and my family. One day in my 60's after I have lived my life I will go to hajj and then become the perfect Muslimah, not now coz I believe "when in Rome do as the Romans".

If I missed any excuses out then add them here or email them to me inshAllah.

--
    If you follow the greater majority on earth they would lead you astray. They follow nothing but the conjectures of others and mislead those who follow them. Your Lord knows best who stray from the path of Truth; He knows best who are rightly guided.

-Qur'an, Al-An'am, Surah 6:117-18
    Tru say sis, an we have seen Most of these dailly...
    http://www.authorsden.com/ikshabeel

“O you who believe! Endure and be more patient (than your enemy), and guard your territory by stationing army units permanently at the places from where the enemy can attack you, and fear Allaah, so that you may be successful.”(Quran 3:200)

Comment

Originally posted by Russo View Post
      From reading the rather judgemental replies on here, I guess this isnt a forum for dawah or helping those to strengthen their deen.
      I agree and also the posted top 10 excuses are the lamest I´ve ever read. How about doing a thread on the invisible hijab; that is the hijab of the EYES, EARS AND TONGUE- oh but that wouldn´t be fun would it? Because that´s not so easy and wearing the physical hijab proves you´re a "better" muslim than a woman who might not wear it yet. Arrogance is a disease
      "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
      Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

I think you've summed it up really.

Comment

Why is it that articles like this offends so many people. Even if its poorly written should we not look at the bigger picture, and yes there is hijab for men i.e lowering the gaze, but wre shouldn't justify people actions when they are clearly doing wrong.
          www.Muslimways.com, the place to be

Comment

Originally posted by amal19 View Post
            A fwded mail...

Top 10 excuses by women who don't wear the Hijab

Salaams All

This list has been compiled after research and is not intended to offend or insult anyone. After reading them it is possible to reach ones own conclusions. As usual please feel free to publish post and circulate as widely as possible. Comments and feedback would be appreciated as always. Jzk. [email protected] com

1. Friends will reject me

The people I hang around with and really tight with none of them wear hijab/ jilbaab and they take the mickey out of those that do. Especially the hijabies who check out boys and do dirty dancing at college.uni parties. Names like fundies, molvies, hypocrites and they cover coz they are ugly. If I wear the hijab then I will lose all my friends and have the **** taken out of me as well.

2. Harm my career

I worked my arse of to get where I am now in my career. I got a big salary, status and I enjoy the respect I get from colleagues and community. I can't risk all that for a piece of cloth, besides I would look weird in board meetings and work parties in the pub and nightclubs. InshAllah when I get married in my 30s and have kids in my mid 30s, I'll cover as I'm supposed to then.

3. My family are westernised

No one in my family wears hijab, even my grandmother wears bright coloured stylish clothes. If I were to wear the hijab I'd feel strange coz we have family gatherings where all the women dress in sarees and other revealing clothes and at our weddings we have a DJ playing bhangra music and we all dance to bollywood tunes, even my grandmother does a few funky moves on the dance floor.

4. Non-Muslims will stare

I've noticed since 7/7 that non-Muslims regard anyone who looks like a Muslim as a potential terrorist and by wearing the hijab I would attract attention. By wearing western clothes I get away with non-Muslims thinking I'm a Hindu, Sikh or moderate non-practicing Muslim. I've even had white guys trying to chat me up coz they think I'm up for it based on the tight western clothing that I wear.

5. I'm still young

I'm only 27 I've got my whole life ahead of me. I'm still enjoying life, u know what I mean, flirting with guys,clubbing, hanging out with mates in shopping centres. When I get married and have kids I'll wear it then

6. I wont get attention from guys

I love the attention I get from guys and the way they look at me u know what I mean. I'm checking out 3 guys at the moment. Ones my age, ones older and one is older and married. I guess we all need a toy boy as well as a father figure /sugar daddy. I'll choose one of them, although I've got a few my age from uni as back up.

After I've lived my life to the max and played the field and settled down then I might consider wearing it, even cover my face coz I don't wanna meet any of my ex's now do I ? Shoot 2 birds with 1 stone, appear pious and avoid hassle with former boyfriends , great idea, hijab. Jilbab and niqab.

7. I dress modestly

I wear loose modest clothes which cover and hide my curves, I know my hair is exposed but at least I'm more or less covered, better than a lot of girls/women who dress like tarts.

8. People will think I'm a fundamentalist

There is so much in the media nowadays about Muslims getting radicalised and rejecting western values and becoming fundamentalists. I just don't want people to think that I am one also. Although I know that the west and its values are decadent and filthy, I don't think it's wise to express this. I pray and fast etc, I don't need to wear Islamic clothing to be a good Muslim coz Islam is in my heart.

After going to the gym and Pilates fro 6 months I've finally achieved the hourglass figure which men find attractive. I enjoy the attention I get and feel attractive. By wearing the hijab/jilbaab I would just be an ordinary woman in the eyes of men and only religious types with big beards would be interested in me.

10. When in Rome do as the Romans

We live in the UK and not in a Muslim country so why follow Islam rigidly? Also compared to non-Muslim women who practically walk around naked I dress and behave quite respectably.

Whenever I visit back home I wear different clothes coz I don't want people to think bad of me and my family. One day in my 60's after I have lived my life I will go to hajj and then become the perfect Muslimah, not now coz I believe "when in Rome do as the Romans".

If I missed any excuses out then add them here or email them to me inshAllah.

--
            If you follow the greater majority on earth they would lead you astray. They follow nothing but the conjectures of others and mislead those who follow them. Your Lord knows best who stray from the path of Truth; He knows best who are rightly guided.

-Qur'an, Al-An'am, Surah 6:117-18
            11. Insha'allah

(thats there way of saying no!)

12. when im ready

no one was ready for primary/elementary school but we HAD to do it, so whats the dealio there.

13. Hijab means modesty and i am modest! LOL

14. I'd rather pray first and then wear hijab.
            "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

The reasons for not wearing a hijab will be similar to the reasons for someone not doing their Salah, or some other obligatory act. Ridiculing them will make not make a difference (and this thread is sort of ridiculing them), possibly even drive them away. They know they don't do it because they're a hypocrit-- nobody likes to be called this, it's just understood -- so we should simply support them in the right way. Invite them to talks, get them a little active in Islamic things, be a good mulsim around them etc. You never know at which moment the change will happen. It might simply be a case of just getting them more comfortable around practicing muslims and maybe that environment will effect them. Good actions go a long way!
              Nobody likes being lectured either...

Comment

I agree with the above posters, the hijab is very important however, it was not one of the first injunctions revealed on Muslim women and we tend to forget that.

Comment

InshAllah we can all improve in this month and wear the hijab as well as lowering our gaze.
                  www.Muslimways.com, the place to be

Comment

No hijab = Lack of taqwa. Does not fear Allah and the last day.
                    SPREAD OF EVIL
                    ZIONISM
                    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I've heard 50% of these excuses: I'm too young, I dress modestly, harm my career, don't want to look like a fundamentalist and so on. When I went to Islamic school my teacher (Muslim) actually told me to take off the hijab it's too hot and you can't hear properly with it. When I was younger many people including freinds of the family and non Muslims teachers tried convincing me to take off the hijab because I wasn't supposed to wear it at such a young age. People could get 1 million excuses if they wanted on why they shouldn't wear the hijab, we should all fear Allah (swt).
                      "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
                      "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
                      they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

What we are commanded is what we have to follow as a muslim . It doesnt matter whether we are in a western country or in a country where Islam is completely practiced. We have to follow What Allah(swa) and Muhammad(pbuh) has commanded us to do. Many of Us think that just because this or that is a barrier from living life "normally" That we can or have the right to exclude it out as a way of saying it doesnt matter. Come on brothers and Sisters, As long as we try to follow our duties rightuosly then we have a good future a head Inshallah..............May Allah(swa) Help us stay on the right path or much less go on the right path<Ameen Yaa'Rabil"Aleeemiin>

Comment

i have actually come across a lady who gave me this excuse for not covering up.

Comment

There was a program on Al Jazeera English that had 3 muslim women : #1 jilbab/hijab #2 Niqab #3 tight jeans and no hijab
                            Anyway the host was asking the women why do you wear this? or why dont you wear that? So woman #3 says she doesnt cover because in the Quran Allah tells women they only have to cover their bosoms. ahhhh ignorance

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X