X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niqab-Fard or not?

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
    :wswrwb:

Even in Niqaab, the fitna's there for others. In fact, it's the way the women wear it. See this :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Nvqzpq9ZfE...+face+veil.jpg

------

Now take a look at this :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ag8cy9r2Xd...woman_7954.jpg

--------

As you can see, the first pic is the 'fashionable' one; the one where a lot of young Muslimahs wear, and one where heads are turned (compared to the 2nd pic).

They should ban the first type of Niqaab.
    Niqabs are a fitnah.

Women at graveyards are a fitnah.

Women going out are a fitnah.

What next?

Comment

• Question about niqab (yes I searched before posting this)

as salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Is there someone on this forum who can explain to me why ash-Shafi'i (rh) said niqab is fardh?

I know he said it is fardh. There are many direct and indirect references to his position on niqab, but I simply cannot find anything referring to the specific evidence he used to determine it is fardh.

Please note I am not trying to create drama, nor am I trying to argue against his ruling. I just want to know why inshaa Allah ta'ala.

Comment

• Re: Question about niqab (yes I searched before posting this)

Originally posted by Umm Naadirah View Post
        as salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Is there someone on this forum who can explain to me why ash-Shafi'i (rh) said niqab is fardh?

I know he said it is fardh. There are many direct and indirect references to his position on niqab, but I simply cannot find anything referring to the specific evidence he used to determine it is fardh.

Please note I am not trying to create drama, nor am I trying to argue against his ruling. I just want to know why inshaa Allah ta'ala.
        :wswrwb:

I couldn't find imam ash shafi's explanation however found imam nawai's opinion who is an authority in the shafi school, hope this assists;

Imam ash-Shafi`;

All a woman's body is awrah with the exception of her hands and her face. The top of her feet is also awrah [ He wrote this in his book ‘Al-Umm’ ]

Imam al-Nawawi wrote:

As for the free woman, her ‘awrah is her whole body except the face and the two hands , for Allah Most High said: “…they should not display their beauty and ornaments excepts what ( must ordinarily ) appear thereof…”( Surah al-Nur, 24:31) . Ibn ‘Abbas said: “That which must appear is the face and the two hands. And the Prophet forbade the woman in ihram to put on the face veil or gloves. If the face and two hands were part of ‘awrah, he would not have forbidden them to cover them. At the same time, she may need to uncover them for such day to day matters as buying, selling, giving, talking, etc. So these two areas were made exceptions from ‘awrah.”

The ‘awrah of the free woman is her whole body except the face and the two hands up to the wrist. Some of or Khurasan scholars are of the view that the soles of the feet are not ‘awrah. Al-Muzani, one of the great students of ash-Shafi, said: “The two feet are not ‘awrah either.” ……………

I mentioned what is well established of the Shafi’i school, that the ‘awrah of the woman is everything except the face and the two hands up to the wrists. Malik is of the same view and so are other group scholars. This is one of the views of ibn Hanbal, Abu Hanifah, al-Thawri and al-Muzani also include the two feet as being excepted from ‘awrah.

Source:

Sharh al-Muhaththab, vol.3 p.173. See also “Hibab or Niqab’ by Syed Mutawalli ad-Darsh with an introduction by Mazheruddin Siddiqi, page 96 & 97.
        If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
        'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
        Islamic etiquette for social media
        http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

Working...
        X