Plz read....Haram and halal chocolates/sweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plz read....Haram and halal chocolates/sweets

Dark chocolate is still halal! Just buy a big block, 75% cocoa. Simply the best.

Sad to hear about snickers though. What about Nestle Lion?
    Allah is compassionate and He loves compassion in all things. [Hadith]
    :lailah::ahb:

Comment

twix!? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *inhales*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Comment

Where are the sources? Don't just start saying they're haram.
        Can someone give me a list of the ones that are haram...I'll email the companies one by one to find out specifically. :insha:
        Then, let you guys know.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

snickers has suitable for vegetarian on it

also: galaxy, maltesers have it written now aswell, whereas before they didnt....
          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Salam everyone

Just to say it seem you're all the followers of Imaam Shafi (as i am aswell) in the case where you are not allowed to eat anything with whey powder from calf's.
            so i just want to say this does not apply to follower of Imaam Hanafi because acoording to him you are allowed.
            Also as nearly every chocolate has got whey powder and people still want to eat chocolates it a leeway for followers of Imaam Shafii to eat those chocolates with whey power from calf's following the rule of Imaam Hanafi.

JZK

Comment

Originally posted by Tameem S View Post
              Salam everyone

Just to say it seem you're all the followers of Imaam Shafi (as i am aswell) in the case where you are not allowed to eat anything with whey powder from calf's.
              so i just want to say this does not apply to follower of Imaam Hanafi because acoording to him you are allowed.
              Also as nearly every chocolate has got whey powder and people still want to eat chocolates it a leeway for followers of Imaam Shafii to eat those chocolates with whey power from calf's following the rule of Imaam Hanafi.

JZK
              Wa `Alaykumus Salaam.

Is that meant to be a question or a statement?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

I jut wanted to know that the product fazermint chocolate creams does contain any alcoholic or any ingredients produced from pig/pork products that re not suitable for muslims since we need to eat food with halal certified. please inform me that this issue in sooner. thanks for your attentions.

also is there any other chocolate that can be bought in duty free shop at airports.. ?

Comment

AllahumdulilAllah! Thanks for sharing this bit of information, i just have one more question, is Hershey,s cookies and creme halal? It has milk whey in it, however there,s also kosher certification at the bottom? Does it make it permissible to eat then?

Comment

Um... What is this talk about whey powder being haram?
                    Whey powder is made from milk. Even Googling "whey calf powder" just brings you back to this thread.

Comment

http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/alerts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Little View Post
                        Um... What is this talk about whey powder being haram?
                        Whey powder is made from milk. Even Googling "whey calf powder" just brings you back to this thread.
                        Aye, whey powder is indeed made from milk, but...."Whey, also called milk serum or milk permeate, is the liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained. It is a by-product of the manufacture of cheese or casein and has several commercial uses. To produce cheese, rennet or an edible acid is added to heated milk. Natural calf rennet is extracted from the inner mucosa of the fourth stomach chamber (the abomasum) of harvested young, unweaned calves."

so there is an animal involved in the process, somewhere along the line.....
                        Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

Comment

just want to add one thing. that Rennet is just an enzyme, just a protein, so I dont think its haram even if taken from the stomach of a calve, clarify me if i am wrong but we shouldnt make things very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                            OK, Twix Kingsize is bad..not Twix regular size, right? Oh my, please tell me Twix is okay :(

I think the bigger question here is, WHAT CHOCOLATE ISN'T HARAM because you've listed all the ones i've ever heard of, to be haram!
                            I heard tap water is haram. contains fluoride and calcium from cows bum
                            Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Originally posted by bippy View Post
                              Yet another half baked food scare.

Don't you have a master list of whats ok and whats not, akin to http://www.eathalal.org/Confectionery.htm ?
                              did a simple check on the back of a bounty bar and it states : SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS
                              Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Working...
                              X