Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz read....Haram and halal chocolates/sweets

Salam everyone

Just some feedback from a recent conversation with a customer services rep from Masterfoods (Who own Mars LTD).....

Ok, first of all 'celebrations' are not suitable for vegetarians...

Explanation:

They contain whey powder from calves.
    This also goes for BOUNTY, SNICKERS cruncher, MALTESERS WHITE,FUNSIZE MARS, FUNSIZE SNICKERS, FUNSIZE MILKYWAY, STANDARD SIZE AND TWIN MILKY WAY, MILKY WAY CRISPY ROLLS, GALAXY CARAMEL SWIRLS, TWIX KINGSIZE AND CHOCOLATE COVERED ICECREAMS.

Most of the other chocolate bars are ok to eat as 'they contain whey powder from suppliers who use rennet approved by the UK Vegetarian Society' and are manufactured in the UK. (Although its best to get them to send you a comprehensive list.)

Also, the gelatine they use is derived from PORK, so thats a definite no no.

Ring their customer services dept on 0800 9521234 and ask them to send you a vegetarian product list for more details.

InshAllah this benefits as many people as possible.:)
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: Plz read....Haram and halal chocolates/sweets

asalamu alaikum m

shocking

jazakhullakhayrun for postin

ws

Comment

Any further comments?
      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Eat baklava instead, its just as sweet and you can be sure its halaal.
        Chocolates too dodgy with all these emulsifiers and preservatives that are added, its doubtful at the best of times.
        also, inshAllah your money will stay in the ummah rather than go into a kaafirs bank account.
        i dont think your duas are answered if you eat haraam food.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum,
          What?!?! Snickers and Snickers Cruncher are out then? Oh crap i'd been eating them recently! :( :( Thanks for the heads up sis! JazakhAllah Khair...
          "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

[QUOTE=Umar`;1277262]Eat baklava instead, its just as sweet and you can be sure its halaal.
            QUOTE]

I made baklava once..but i used the wrong pastry :embar: but tasted okay
            Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
            :love:
            "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

Yet another half baked food scare.

Don't you have a master list of whats ok and whats not, akin to http://www.eathalal.org/Confectionery.htm ?
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Christmas is comen and you guys got me all fretful :(
                "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

OK, Twix Kingsize is bad..not Twix regular size, right? Oh my, please tell me Twix is okay :(

I think the bigger question here is, WHAT CHOCOLATE ISN'T HARAM because you've listed all the ones i've ever heard of, to be haram!
                  If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                    OK, Twix Kingsize is bad..not Twix regular size, right? Oh my, please tell me Twix is okay :(

I think the bigger question here is, WHAT CHOCOLATE ISN'T HARAM because you've listed all the ones i've ever heard of, to be haram!
                    look at ur av man, its gonna scare the little kids who come to the forum, and there u are talking about chocalates.

Comment

Golem is scared and shocked at something..so he goes running behind a branch for cover lol :)

It's funny, so back up :up:

Comment

Next we'll see certain bottles of mineral water as haram

Comment

Originally posted by saphire
                          This is the masterfoods list of what we can/can't eat taken from GMWA Foodguide. The Hanfi fiqh consideres Whey powder from calves to be halal.
                          The summary is -

3.3) The rennet obtained from an animal slaughtered by a non-Muslim or Muslim in accordance with Islamic law or contrary to it, is in all cases Ja’iz as long as the animal in question is not a pig. This is the opinion of Imaam Abu Hanifah. According to the Saahibayn it is Impure.

* Whey comes under the same rule as rennet because it is a by-product.

Full article here - http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/in...question&id=20.
                          Hmm, so calf whey is halal now?

So, my sudden craving for Peanut M&Ms can be satisfied after Iftaari? That's fantastic news ;)

It's still a shame though, we can't eat the red M&Ms, red Skittles, or red Chewits because the colouring comes from crushed beetles. :(

Comment

Mars Praline haraam too
                            Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
                            They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Help Plzzzzzzzzz

asallam alakum,
                              i have a friend who is not a muslim and i was asked to come to his house, i was wondering if i do go to his house and i feel thirsty or hungry or offered food because the are not muslim, there is a possibility that their plates glasses other cookery equipment may have came into contact with haraam food such as pork, is it haraam for me to eat from thier plates? and is it haraam for me to touch my friend or be touched by hiM knowing he may hav held haraam food in his hand?

Comment

Working...
                              X