Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trimming the beard and listening to the parents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimming the beard and listening to the parents?

:salaam:

I just wanted to ask a hypothetical question...say a brother is keeping a beard and it is 1 hand fist or just a tad more. Now, if the mother of the brother asks him to shorten the beard abit because it is 'too' long, does the brother have to listen to this because I know how much Islam places emphasis on the mothers and also for muslim men to keep beards. So I was just wondering what other brothers would do?

:jkk: in advance

:wswrwb:
    Gone...

Re: Trimming the beard and listening to the parents?

ws

brother no need to listen to mummy or daddy if they make it you do haram thing.

islam say you love parents and obey for sake of ALLAH SWT but u no try to obey them if they make you do what ALLAH SWT dislike it, maybe beard.

thank you for your comment.

freshie.
    Freshie Public Statement: freshie only post it on ummah forum. Other freshie boys try to copy it this Freshie idea on other forums, copy cat boys. :up:

Comment

*bump*
      Gone...

Comment

Salam, i had a very similar experience with my parents, freinds including work mates - it is because of their lack of understanding is why they tell you to do such a thing. With a bit of patience insha'allah you will be able to make them understand the importance of keeping it.

I think in this case you must respectfully tell your parents that you are unable to do so. Without arguing about it. As the brother said, you can in some case not listen to your parents if they ask you to do something which is unlawful.

Click on the link below to download PDF regarding the beard
        The Importance of the Beard.pdf

Salaam.
        "Take not life, which Allah has made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that you may learn wisdom." (Surah al-An’am, V: 151) www.thetruthaboutislam.co.nr

Comment

Working...
        X