Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Vegetarian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
    Never seen a fatwa like that and all the fatawa I've seen Plus the Quran and sunnah say otherwise.

    https://islamqa.info/en/2521

    might want to sit down and re-read the quran,seerh and look at a few hadith.

    You say Qurbani is wajib but what do you do with the meat once the animal is slaughtered?
    some of the facts you present like milk containing opiates and is addictive is pretty much complete nonsense.
    Yes I have seen fatawa on sunnipath which I assume you have a low opinion of. Khayr I'm not having that discussion. Again I said it depends on your intention. If you avoid meat because you think humans should not consume animal products at all ever then that is probably a sin. But objecting to the cruel methods used nowadays, or avoiding certain animal products because of health concerns is not the same thing. I have already said this in my last post and I'm not having this argument any more. Basically read what neelu said.

    Yes milk does contain mild opiates. It's there to cement the bond between mother and baby. A 10 second search could show you that.

    I would appreciate your not talking down to me in future, thank you.

    What would you do with qurbani meat? Do you need me to answer that really?
    Also you may have to put up with lectures from Muslims about how you're making the halal haram which is not even what it's about.
    I so called that!
    Last edited by C Bear; 05-11-17, 10:20 PM.
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Going Vegetarian?

      Originally posted by Aetos View Post
      What I mean is that I dont eat pork or anything completely halal.I eat meat slaughtered in 'halal' way,but they dont mention the name of Allah when they do it.I know its bad,and I do it veryyy rarely,but I am in a terrible situations where I have to make some 'compromises" . Thank you for your advice.I said that so I wouldnt be a hypocrite,advising you for something I dont do myself.. :)

      But if I had a choice I would go 100% Halal and not veggie,as 100% Halal is healthier than being a vegetarian.thats what I am trying to advise.But you know whats better about yourself :)
      I think a vegetarian would still be 100% halal, camel is halal and I've never had it in my life, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong if I choose not to eat it.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Going Vegetarian?

        Originally posted by Deen95 View Post
        I think a vegetarian would still be 100% halal, camel is halal and I've never had it in my life, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong if I choose not to eat it.

        What I always wanted to say is that eating 100% Halal as an omnivore,is in my opinion healthier than eating 100% Halal as a herbivore.Thats all....
        And marry those among you who are single and the Salihoon of your slaves and maid-servants.If they be poor,Allah will enrich them of out of His Bounty.And Allah is All-Sufficent for His creatures needs,All-Knowing

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Going Vegetarian?

          Originally posted by Deen95 View Post
          I think a vegetarian would still be 100% halal, camel is halal and I've never had it in my life, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong if I choose not to eat it.

          What I always wanted to say is that eating 100% Halal as an omnivore,is in my opinion healthier than eating 100% Halal as a herbivore.Thats all....
          And marry those among you who are single and the Salihoon of your slaves and maid-servants.If they be poor,Allah will enrich them of out of His Bounty.And Allah is All-Sufficent for His creatures needs,All-Knowing

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Going Vegetarian?

            But then we're all different. Mentally I am in a 1000x better state than i was when I was omni. So for me, being herbi is better. On the other hand some people do better with the occasional bit of meat. Also bear in mind that the meat Rasulullah (saw) ate was 100% organic and well-treated.
            Islamic Prints
            ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
            PALEO!

            Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Going Vegetarian?

              Originally posted by Deen95 View Post
              Salaam brothers and sisters,

              Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.
              If you know someone that can slaughter the animal, you can always buy a small lamb, goat or chicken that has been grass fed, and have them slaughter it for you. Nothing wrong with not eating meat if you fear that it may be contaminated, but ever since I started only eating Halal foods, I have noticed that there is a big difference in quality (halal is better) than the junk sold at local supermarkets. If you like seafood, make sure to choose wild caught. Trader Joe's has some good choices for salmon, swordfish, and Argentinian Shrimp. Just limit seafood to twice a week.

              If you really want to improve your health, cut down on all the grains and sugars. Give up refined sugar, corn syrup, and high fructose corn syrup completely. You will only suffer for 3-7 days until you get used to it, and have the sugar out of your system. I gave it up for 2 months and 3 weeks and had a cheat week, and had some cake, and it made me feel terrible with a nasty headache. Also, I read an article about how researchers got mice or rats hooked on cocaine to see if it is more addictive than sugar. So first they were hooked on the drug, then they were given the sugar. They then had both options available to them and they kept going for the sugar. Makes you think, doesn't it?

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Going Vegetarian?

                Originally posted by Deen95 View Post
                Salaam brothers and sisters,

                Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.
                :wswrwb:

                I was vegetarian from about 16-19 and still eat meat only 2-3 times a week at most, think vegetarian food is way underappreciated in terms of health and especially health benefits.

                However your body does need meat, sometimes for healthy living so cut back, don't cut out.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

                www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Going Vegetarian?

                  Fair point but bear in mind eating 100% halal (whether as a vegetarian or omnivore) is infinitely better than including some haram meat in your diet. If halal meat isn't easily available you wont starve, you always have the option of eating vegetarian food and fish and only eating meat on the rare occasions when halal is available. I used to live in a town that didn't have any halal meat shops so I had to live on vegetarian food and fish for 2 years and only had meat on the rare trips I took out of town so it is doable. If you're worried about getting iron in your diet then eat dates and dark green vegetables and/or take a supplement. If you're worried about lacking protein in your diet then eat fish twice a week and eat egg on the other 5 days of the week. If you take steps towards Allah (swt) by following his commands, it would be better for you.

                  Eating meat isn't an obligation but it is not permitted for us to claim it is haram either. Meat is just one of the many halal things we're permitted to eat. If someone gave up peanuts due to an allergy or intolerance, or simply disliking the taste, we wouldn't guilt trip them for "making the halal haram" just cos' they gave it up.

                  Originally posted by Aetos View Post
                  What I always wanted to say is that eating 100% Halal as an omnivore,is in my opinion healthier than eating 100% Halal as a herbivore.Thats all....
                  Last edited by neelu; 06-11-17, 10:07 PM.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Going Vegetarian?

                    Originally posted by neelu View Post
                    Fair point but bear in mind eating 100% halal (whether as a vegetarian or omnivore) is infinitely better than including some haram meat in your diet. If halal meat isn't easily available you wont starve, you always have the option of eating vegetarian food and fish and only eating meat on the rare occasions when halal is available. I used to live in a town that didn't have any halal meat shops so I had to live on vegetarian food and fish for 2 years and only had meat on the rare trips I took out of town so it is doable. If you're worried about getting iron in your diet then eat dates and dark green vegetables and/or take a supplement. If you're worried about lacking protein in your diet then eat fish twice a week and eat egg on the other 5 days of the week. If you take steps towards Allah (swt) by following his commands, it would be better for you.

                    Eating meat isn't an obligation but it is not permitted for us to claim it is haram either. Meat is just one of the many halal things we're permitted to eat. If someone gave up peanuts due to an allergy or intolerance, or simply disliking the taste, we wouldn't guilt trip them for "making the halal haram" just cos' they gave it up.
                    Who said that? I didnt mention anything about making the halal haram or eating meat is halal or haram....

                    And as for the others.I dont except you to understand as,as I can see from the way you wrote it,you are definitely living a better life than me.I dont have the luxury to eat fish twice a week.I ate fish today as I mentioned in another comment,after 2 months or more,and it was a little fish,full of spikes.I used to live on bread and cheese,or bread and onions,for 3 years.I have also eaten on the street too,filling the bread with tomatoes and conserved food on my knee.I dont have an easy life,thats why there are some things that I need to "compromise".I am aware of my sins and I pray every day and night to Allah to get me out of here so I can have a chance to be a muslim and live a normal life.Dont think like I want to do that.I dont want to do anything of what am doing now.I am not complaining,just explaining because you said that I always have the option of eating those foods.I dont :)....

                    Thank you for your advise though.I apreaciate it.really.But I am more in need of you Duaa.If you can make one that would really be helpful :)
                    Salam Alaikum ^^
                    And marry those among you who are single and the Salihoon of your slaves and maid-servants.If they be poor,Allah will enrich them of out of His Bounty.And Allah is All-Sufficent for His creatures needs,All-Knowing

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Going Vegetarian?

                      Originally posted by Aetos View Post
                      Who said that? I didnt mention anything about making the halal haram or eating meat is halal or haram....

                      And as for the others.I dont except you to understand as,as I can see from the way you wrote it,you are definitely living a better life than me.I dont have the luxury to eat fish twice a week.I ate fish today as I mentioned in another comment,after 2 months or more,and it was a little fish,full of spikes.I used to live on bread and cheese,or bread and onions,for 3 years.I have also eaten on the street too,filling the bread with tomatoes and conserved food on my knee.I dont have an easy life,thats why there are some things that I need to "compromise".I am aware of my sins and I pray every day and night to Allah to get me out of here so I can have a chance to be a muslim and live a normal life.Dont think like I want to do that.I dont want to do anything of what am doing now.I am not complaining,just explaining because you said that I always have the option of eating those foods.I dont :)....

                      Thank you for your advise though.I apreaciate it.really.But I am more in need of you Duaa.If you can make one that would really be helpful :)
                      Salam Alaikum ^^
                      Your post made me feel sad subhanAllah so much food is wasted and then I read about you living on bread and cheese for 3 years.

                      I don't know where you live but it's a shame if there are Muslims in your area unaware of your struggles.

                      Stay strong have faith and sabr remember Allah is the best of Providers.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Going Vegetarian?

                        Originally posted by Aetos View Post
                        Who said that? I didnt mention anything about making the halal haram or eating meat is halal or haram....

                        And as for the others.I dont except you to understand as,as I can see from the way you wrote it,you are definitely living a better life than me.I dont have the luxury to eat fish twice a week.I ate fish today as I mentioned in another comment,after 2 months or more,and it was a little fish,full of spikes.I used to live on bread and cheese,or bread and onions,for 3 years.I have also eaten on the street too,filling the bread with tomatoes and conserved food on my knee.I dont have an easy life,thats why there are some things that I need to "compromise".I am aware of my sins and I pray every day and night to Allah to get me out of here so I can have a chance to be a muslim and live a normal life.Dont think like I want to do that.I dont want to do anything of what am doing now.I am not complaining,just explaining because you said that I always have the option of eating those foods.I dont :)....

                        Thank you for your advise though.I apreaciate it.really.But I am more in need of you Duaa.If you can make one that would really be helpful :)
                        Salam Alaikum ^^
                        Your post made me feel sad subhanAllah so much food is wasted and then I read about you living on bread and cheese for 3 years.

                        I don't know where you live but it's a shame if there are Muslims in your area unaware of your struggles.

                        Stay strong have faith and sabr remember Allah is the best of Providers.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Going Vegetarian?

                          Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                          Your post made me feel sad subhanAllah so much food is wasted and then I read about you living on bread and cheese for 3 years.

                          I don't know where you live but it's a shame if there are Muslims in your area unaware of your struggles.

                          Stay strong have faith and sabr remember Allah is the best of Providers.

                          That was when I lived alone.Now there no problems when it comes to eating Elhamdullilah.I mean I dont eat good but,at least I am not hungry

                          Muslims in my area? lol,lets not talk about it.I knew these muslims in another city where I lived but they have their own problems,and they dont really "care"

                          Thank you sister.May Allah help you always :) If you are curious,I am leaving this here.Maybe it will persuade you to make a duaa :P Peace be with you

                          http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ase&highlight=
                          And marry those among you who are single and the Salihoon of your slaves and maid-servants.If they be poor,Allah will enrich them of out of His Bounty.And Allah is All-Sufficent for His creatures needs,All-Knowing

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Going Vegetarian?

                            Sorry to hear about your situation brother. May Allah (swt) ease your difficulties- ameen.

                            The thing I said at the end of my last post was said as a general clarification on halal and haram- it wasn't specifically directed at you.

                            Originally posted by Aetos View Post
                            That was when I lived alone.Now there no problems when it comes to eating Elhamdullilah.I mean I dont eat good but,at least I am not hungry

                            Muslims in my area? lol,lets not talk about it.I knew these muslims in another city where I lived but they have their own problems,and they dont really "care"

                            Thank you sister.May Allah help you always :) If you are curious,I am leaving this here.Maybe it will persuade you to make a duaa :P Peace be with you

                            http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ase&highlight=
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X