• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

They have lattes too

Can't imagine those to be any better than the tea :/

Lol
    I haven't been to our local one in a while. They must have added it to the menu.

(Unless they always did coffee & latte and I never really noticed?)

It's not healthy tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
      I haven't been to our local one in a while. They must have added it to the menu.

It's not healthy tbh.

I only went once after my sister told me about it but they have desserts like cheesecakes too, maybe it is a new addition

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It's not healthy tbh.

nah its always been there

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I only went once after my sister told me about it but they have desserts like cheesecakes too, maybe it is a new addition

Comment

I've had/tried the English breakfast from there, the pancakes, the sweet and savoury parathas, the churros with melted chocolate, the spring rolls/samosas/pakoras, the masala fries, the slice of cake (this was soso nice and tasted homemade) and the banana and date milkshake. lol. Alhamdulillah.

My family really like the pink tea from there, but i'm not a fan of tea in general.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

seems like you tried everything

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                I've had/tried the English breakfast from there, the pancakes, the sweet and savoury parathas, the churros with melted chocolate, the spring rolls/samosas/pakoras, the masala fries, the slice of cake (this was soso nice and tasted homemade) and the banana and date milkshake. lol. Alhamdulillah.

My family really like the pink tea from there, but i'm not a fan of tea in general.
                youve tried most the stuff lol

they do pink kashmiri tea? thats news to me

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  seems like you tried everything
                  yea it seems so lol

Comment

never tried chaiwala. though my daughter's are always going on about how great it is in Walthamstow. tbh I'm with those that would probably say 'it's better at home' but I may just have to go and try it....

loaded in Ilford is a regular haunt and it's great.... though the new amigos is even better. and if you haven't tried the mixed chat platter at saffron kitchen your missing out.

how do those that know it rate nagina breakfast in Ilford lane?

Comment

@morose

Comment

anyone chai wali now? i kid you not! lool

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          Really there is a chai wali now 🤦‍♀️

Anyways, chai wala can't even make tea properly. Bakwas.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed
                            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                            Really there is a chai wali now 🤦‍♀️

Anyways, chai wala can't even make tea properly. Bakwas.
                            Yea no joke, drove past it lol

The chai is alright, was better when they first opened chai Wala but chaiology is nice here in brum, I had that patti tea (forgot the name but ur paki so you'll know which one I mean I think) but it's the one with buffalo milk, was nice Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

If you eat in at the place they actually have clay cups and I saw someone on Facebook having a tandoori tea or something like that in the clay cup, looked nice Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek 💯

Comment

I must be missing out, I've never tried any of these chai wala/wali/ology places. There's nothing like that locally (just grateful to have a Lahore restaurant and a decent kebab here). The closest thing we've been to is Sakonis in Harrow which is more of an Indian snack place where they sell pakoras, samosas, pani puri and papri chaat which is all very nice. I've stopped going there some years ago though.

I hope to one day find a good gluten free recipe for stuff like gol gappe and puris.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X