Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No processed food diet

:salams:

Anyone try this? I have embarked on this initiative. I believe avoiding such foods and only eating real wholesome foods is more in line with Islamic teachings.

You don't realize how much of what is out there is processed until you start paying attention.

Re: No processed food diet

wasalaam,

my family recently decided to pursue this type of diet and let me tell you that is very difficult to accomplish. most items we purchase contain preservative. the modern day method of living with refrigerators has spoiled us. This is not to say that it cannot be done. we try to make everything we put in our bodies from GMO free organic ingredients and purchase our meat from organic halal providers. there are times that I find myself missing products with high fructose corn syrup (yes im guilty) but over time you learn to let go of the junk food and stick to a strict habit of naturally made foods. it also has an added constraint of expense tied to organic products. best of luck to you you!!!

Comment

It is doable, you will have to be very careful with everything you buy and read all the ingredients in any product you see. I got through November eating only fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, halal meats (mostly beef and chicken and some salmon), and some nuts. I had no sugar and used Stevia to sweeten my tea since I don't like the flavor otherwise. I lost 12 pounds that month and I ate as much as I wanted from the healthy foods. Refined and processed sugar really is an addictive drug. Its chemical formula is very similar to that of cocaine, and I believe it really should be avoided, especially now that we have Stevia. If you do use Stevia, make sure to read the ingredients, because many of the cheap brands add erythritol to it which is a sugar alcohol, which I am not sure is halal, and it is better to err on the side of caution.

Also, while you diet, potatoes are not an enemy. Just don't eat too many and don't fry them, or cover them in sour cream and cheese. I boiled one a day and had no problem losing weight while eating them. Alas, since then, I got severely ill several timesand fell off of my diet, and ended up gaining weight. I am back on a new low calorie one of my own concoction, which consists of mainly dates, goat milk (better than cow milk and much easier to digest) and eggs. Also, drink lots of lemon water mixed with a bit of honey. So far I feel better than I did a week ago.

It's best to try to buy as much as you can in organic, but the price is prohibitive at times, so at the very least, make sure you scrub all of your fruits and vegetables with soap and water.

Comment

Good idea, healthwise.

Leave the goodies for partytime.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          :salams:

Anyone try this? I have embarked on this initiative. I believe avoiding such foods and only eating real wholesome foods is more in line with Islamic teachings.

You don't realize how much of what is out there is processed until you start paying attention.
          :wswrwb:

Yes! Since I converted and had to eat separately. I started checking on halal and found all kinds of ghastly mess in foods. I've been almost processed free for about four months Alhamdulillah (ketchup - ahem) and I have much more energy and feel sort of cleaner (?).

I still have some eliminations as well as ketchup but it's really difficult to do so much so fast. Adapting your tastes is also hard but doable as I don't like sugar now on cereals or strawberries, I can eat them naturally now. I wasn't happy at the start though.

I want to try and make my own cheese Inshallah.

I'm quite excited actually!

I really like making bread myself as well.

Do you know you can make your own baked beans!

Today, I looked at a recipe for home made Jaffa cakes!!

Hearty soup with home made bread and home made butter - that's post work heaven!
          Last edited by Rifqah; 06-04-17, 07:30 PM.

Comment

yeh but its only legit if you grow your own food too

if u want chicken, u feed that chicken, u make it nice and plump and then u slaughter it with a heart of stone

then I may believe your commitment
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
              It is doable, you will have to be very careful with everything you buy and read all the ingredients in any product you see. I got through November eating only fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, halal meats (mostly beef and chicken and some salmon), and some nuts. I had no sugar and used Stevia to sweeten my tea since I don't like the flavor otherwise. I lost 12 pounds that month and I ate as much as I wanted from the healthy foods. Refined and processed sugar really is an addictive drug. Its chemical formula is very similar to that of cocaine, and I believe it really should be avoided, especially now that we have Stevia. If you do use Stevia, make sure to read the ingredients, because many of the cheap brands add erythritol to it which is a sugar alcohol, which I am not sure is halal, and it is better to err on the side of caution.

Also, while you diet, potatoes are not an enemy. Just don't eat too many and don't fry them, or cover them in sour cream and cheese. I boiled one a day and had no problem losing weight while eating them. Alas, since then, I got severely ill several timesand fell off of my diet, and ended up gaining weight. I am back on a new low calorie one of my own concoction, which consists of mainly dates, goat milk (better than cow milk and much easier to digest) and eggs. Also, drink lots of lemon water mixed with a bit of honey. So far I feel better than I did a week ago.

It's best to try to buy as much as you can in organic, but the price is prohibitive at times, so at the very least, make sure you scrub all of your fruits and vegetables with soap and water.
              how come u got ill?
              "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Like how? I dont understand
                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by R1rider View Post
                  wasalaam,

my family recently decided to pursue this type of diet and let me tell you that is very difficult to accomplish. most items we purchase contain preservative. the modern day method of living with refrigerators has spoiled us. This is not to say that it cannot be done. we try to make everything we put in our bodies from GMO free organic ingredients and purchase our meat from organic halal providers. there are times that I find myself missing products with high fructose corn syrup (yes im guilty) but over time you learn to let go of the junk food and stick to a strict habit of naturally made foods. it also has an added constraint of expense tied to organic products. best of luck to you you!!!
                  Yes I understand that doing it 100% is extremely difficult if not impossible. And expensive too.

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

SubhanAllah. What about using honey as a sweetener?

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

Yes! Since I converted and had to eat separately. I started checking on halal and found all kinds of ghastly mess in foods. I've been almost processed free for about four months Alhamdulillah (ketchup - ahem) and I have much more energy and feel sort of cleaner (?).

I still have some eliminations as well as ketchup but it's really difficult to do so much so fast. Adapting your tastes is also hard but doable as I don't like sugar now on cereals or strawberries, I can eat them naturally now. I wasn't happy at the start though.

I want to try and make my own cheese Inshallah.

I'm quite excited actually!

I really like making bread myself as well.

Do you know you can make your own baked beans!

Today, I looked at a recipe for home made Jaffa cakes!!

Hearty soup with home made bread and home made butter - that's post work heaven!
                  I really want to start making my own bread. So far I've been eating 100% whole wheat bread from the store and it's just really bland.

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

yeh but its only legit if you grow your own food too

if u want chicken, u feed that chicken, u make it nice and plump and then u slaughter it with a heart of stone

then I may believe your commitment
                  :jkk: farmer Brown.

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                  Like how? I dont understand
                  Research "diet without processed foods"

Comment

Yes I understand that doing it 100% is extremely difficult if not impossible. And expensive too.

SubhanAllah. What about using honey as a sweetener?

I really want to start making my own bread. So far I've been eating 100% whole wheat bread from the store and it's just really bland.

:jkk: farmer Brown.

Research "diet without processed foods"
                    U cant just make a thread about stuff that you are unwilling to explain...
                    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I've discovered that you don't have to make a huge loaf either. You can mix up a small batch enough for one day and add seeds, honey all sorts of anything!

Comment

My bro makes bread

omds he made Irish soda bread the other day and omds

my mum bought a fig and hazelnut load that was amaze too and I don't even really like bread

Why are humans like herd creatures tho

Comment

Sheikh Google can explain better than me.

Comment

Lol that is stoic through and through

Comment

Sheikh Google can explain better than me.
                              Noooooooo plsss

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X