Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANANA - which one do you prefer?

UNRIPE BANANAS
    One benefit of green bananas is the high resistant starch content. For anyone trying to avoid food with high sugar content, green bananas are an option whereas yellow bananas are not. So those suffering from Type 2 Diabetes can eat the unripe fruit while maybe ripened bananas are not as compatible. Unripe bananas also have pro-biotic bacteria, a friendly bacterium that helps with good colon health. In addition, green bananas also help you absorb nutrients better, particularly calcium.
    Because antioxidant levels actually INCREASE as a banana ages, unripe bananas are lower in this category. Also green bananas may cause some bloating and gas due to the higher resistant starch content.

RIPE BANANAS
    Because the resistant starch changes to simple sugar when a banana ripens, yellow bananas are easier to digest. The higher glycemic index of ripe bananas shows that they are digested quickly. Bananas also have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen. One interesting fact about fully ripened bananas is that they produce a substance called TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor). This means that ripe bananas have anti-cancer qualities as they combat abnormal cells. The more dark patches a banana has, the higher its immunity enhancement quality will be.
    Studies show that there is SOME MICRONUTRIENT LOSS that happens as a banana ripens. To lessen the amount of vitamins and minerals lost, its better to store and ripen bananas in the refrigerator. Also the high sugar content makes ripe bananas something Type 2 Diabetics should avoid.

Source: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-...etter-for-you/

Re: BANANA - which one do you prefer?

I prefer the ripe one . we buy them , put them in fridge and forget about them till they got black and we just throw them away^^ ..

May Allah forgive us
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
      I prefer the ripe one . we buy them , put them in fridge and forget about them till they got black and we just throw them away^^ ..

May Allah forgive us

Aameen.

Comment

May Allah forgive us
        Last edited by Theistic; 26-03-16, 07:38 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Anyone really :)

But if I had to pick, probably unripe ones.

Comment

Preferably a banana that is just ripe. Not too ripe because then they taste too sweet.

I'll mention that you don't need to throw black bananas away. You can cut them up into chunks, freeze the chunks, and use it later for smoothies or shakes.
            Narrated Anas:
            The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

How about in the middle. So they are kinda unripe and ripe at the same time.

Comment

Why throw them away when you can make cakes out of them?

I prefer not so ripe but i wouldn't eat green ones either, so in between

Comment

In between
                  Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Ripe, not brown, but yellow
                    Green bananas taste funny
                    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

May Allah forgive us
                      You need to get a monkey then
                      Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X