Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen veggies or normal ones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Frozen veggies or normal ones

    Do you cook with frozen vegetables or straight from the market? I find the frozen ones are fresher, cleaner, usually don't need washing and contain more nutrition. They are also readily cut which allows me to cook quick not spending time on cutting.

    Vote and tell which you prefer and why
    14
    I prefer frozen ones
    21.43%
    3
    I prefer non frozen
    71.43%
    10
    I don't eat neither I'm (baad baaaad).
    0.00%
    0
    lol I don't know why I made 4 options, i only needed 3
    7.14%
    1
    :lemo:

  • #2
    Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

    :salams:

    We prefer fresh and, organic is even better. But we use both, I couldn't find the option for it though :scratch:

    Frozen saves time and money, because you can keep it in the freeze and not have to worry about it going off and then having to waste it.

    But whatever it maybe, we ALWAYS WASH IT. EVEN if it says washed, especially with green leafs e.g spinach.

    Fresh food has more nutrients the last time I checked, :scratch:
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

      We use both...buy fresh and use. Whatever is left over is frozen and then used when required. Can't tell the difference once spices are added so have no preference.

      (we do buy frozen peas and probably some other items...can't remember).

      Can't vote...no option for me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

        There's no option for both? Maybe if you edit the 4th option to both?

        Depends which veggies, like I wouldn't buy frozen mix veg, usually get separate frozen peas, sweetcorn, peppers and green beans, all other veg are fresh. I do buy fresh peppers or green beans as well, depends on what i'm cooking.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

          Both.

          We buy fresh and freeze some of it if there's too much left over and we also buy ready frozen.

          I don't know about frozen ones containing more nutrition, one would think the ones fresh off the market/fresh organic would be more beneficial.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

            How can frozen veggies ever be fresher & more nutritious ? :scratch:

            I'm totally against cooking/using/eating/buying pre-frozen stuff. I think it's unhealthy, contains chemicals used for "processing" it & increases cholestrol, fat & calories.

            I always buy & cook ONLY fresh stuff & also cook just enough to suffice us for a mealtime/day. No leftovers remain to be referigerated.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

              Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
              How can frozen veggies ever be fresher & more nutritious ? :scratch:

              I'm totally against cooking/using/eating/buying pre-frozen stuff. I think it's unhealthy, contains chemicals used for "processing" it & increases cholestrol, fat & calories.

              I always buy & cook ONLY fresh stuff & also cook just enough to suffice us for a mealtime/day. No leftovers remain to be referigerated.
              basically...
              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                Vegetables that are fresh frozen do not contain chemicals. Its just that.. fresh frozen. I only eat fresh frozen vegetables, because it cuts down on waste, from them wilting or not being eaten before their date.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                  beware of the shiny and stain free vegs in the market, they are more suspect-able for pesticides, although the supermarkets have them better controlled. Must be careful if its the local market

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                    :salams:

                    We prefer fresh and, organic is even better. But we use both, I couldn't find the option for it though :scratch:

                    Frozen saves time and money, because you can keep it in the freeze and not have to worry about it going off and then having to waste it.

                    But whatever it maybe, we ALWAYS WASH IT. EVEN if it says washed, especially with green leafs e.g spinach.

                    Fresh food has more nutrients the last time I checked, :scratch:

                    Actually, if it is store bought, frozen has more nutrients than fresh. Frozen foods are allowed to "ripen on the vine" therefore, they get more nutrients from the plant. Fresh foods are picked when they're not ripe, so as to last while being transported.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                      I prefer the non-frozen. When I eat frozen spinach it makes my mouth burn for some reason.
                      Narrated Anas:
                      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                        I never buy frozen anything, it just destroys the taste.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                          Originally posted by Intuition View Post
                          Do you cook with frozen vegetables or straight from the market? I find the frozen ones are fresher, cleaner, usually don't need washing and contain more nutrition. They are also readily cut which allows me to cook quick not spending time on cutting.

                          Vote and tell which you prefer and why
                          how are frozen ones fresher than fresh veggies?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                            In season fresh vegetables are nice and reflectively reasonably priced and supports local farms. Vegetables out of season that need to be shipped in, better of just buy frozen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Frozen veggies or normal ones

                              Originally posted by P4M View Post
                              how are frozen ones fresher than fresh veggies?
                              Sitting around too long before hitting market shelf.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X