Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Snacks

:salams

Share some simple snacks that you make when you are feeling hungry, but don't want a full meal.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: Simple Snacks

Here's one that I enjoy. Apple slices and banana pieces with homemade peanut butter.

Peanut Butter

- unsalted roasted peanuts
    - add some almond slices or roasted hazelnuts if you'd like.
    - optional cinnamon
    - optional a touch of honey

Using a food processor, blend everything together until it's at a consistency that you like. It will take at least 2 good minutes of blending for this to happen. Just make sure you don't add any oil.

Cut some fruit slices, (I like apple and banana, but pears would be nice too) and just dip them in the peanut butter. It's an easy snack and very filling.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

not the healthiest but

pack of doritos or similar
      pour on some passata or crushed tin of tomatoes or jar of pasta sauce

throw on jalapenos, olives , diced onion etc

grate cheese over the lot and stick in oven or under grill

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
        not the healthiest but

enjoy
        What is passata?

Comment

:wswrwb:

-White bread
          -grated cheese
          -Chopped onions

Put the other two in the bread and fold the bread over

Slab it on a pan to cook and the OOOZEY GOOOZEY cheese turns out so good, takes about 3-4 minutes, not too long until it goes in your mouth
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

closing ur eyes and dreaming of eating a buffet for free.

Comment

Carrot sticks
              Popcorn
              Trail Mix
              Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                What is passata?
                uncooked tomato puree ...I usre it in all my cooking...how can anyone live without it..
                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                  What is passata?
                  Its crushed ripe tomatoes into a puree, not like the puree we get in uk in those tubes, bit more expensive than say the tin tomatoes (so lidl and aldi do cartons for around 35p but glass jars and bottles can be more from other supermarkets)

Its 100% tomatoes without skin and seeds and I prefer it to tinned tomatoes

Comment

Green grapes and greek yoghurt

wasabi peas

calamari with herby dip from M&S

Comment

Does a can of baked beans count?

But seriously - some good bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Heaven - competes with the baked beans.
                      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                      (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

If it's just a snack then it would be a banana, or hummous with carrot and cucumber sticks. Sometimes I have a gluten free crepe with nutella or with vanilla greek yogurt and berries or something. I'm also thinking of trying a baked doughnut recipe soon inshaAllah. If I'm feeling a bit naughty then sometimes with a cup of tea I like either salted mungdal from ambala or salted plantain crisps from tesco and then a piece of chocolate to go with it. There's something about the sweetness of chocolate and saltiness of the crisps/dal that works together (like salted caramel etc).
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                          not the healthiest but

enjoy
                          Sounds extremely unhealthy.

Is this similar to nachos?
                          Last edited by Peony.; 03-01-16, 09:48 PM.

Comment

You can try simple snacks such as brownies, creamy garlic broccoli, sweet potato chips and many more. All these recipes are healthy and easy to make. For more such recipes you can redirect to this website.

Comment

You can try simple snacks such as brownies, creamy garlic broccoli, sweet potato chips and many more. All these recipes are healthy and easy to make. For more such recipes you can redirect to this website.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X