Food Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Pictures

That you've actually made yourself. Chelsea buns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chelsea_Buns_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	10784999
    "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Re: Food Pictures

^ they look shop bought

ive always struggled with those as they are never the right consistency

mines would turn out dry like this

My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
      ^ they look shop bought
      They're supposed to. Shop bought ones are like bricks. Mine are like air.

ive always struggled with those as they are never the right consistency

mines would turn out dry like this

Mine are proofed twice and I use a cake mixer with a dough attachment. I still haven't figured an idea length to roll and cut the dough which is why mine as so high this time. It will take me a couple more goes to get the shape and size right. Yours are not uniform. You roll them as you would a Swiss roll - a large rectangle then folded and cut into pieces. If they are not rising then you are not getting enough air in them.
      Last edited by Nulbreaker; 06-02-14, 12:59 AM.
      "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Originally posted by Nulbreaker View Post

Mine are proofed twice and I use a cake mixer with a dough attachment. I still haven't figured an idea length to roll and cut the dough which is why mine as so high this time. It will take me a couple more goes to get the shape and size right. Yours are not uniform. You roll them as you would a Swiss roll - a large rectangle then folded and cut into pieces. If they are not rising then you are not getting enough air in them.
        i didnt make those, i just googled n found some1 else who had similar looking ones

funnily enough when i baked them in school they turned out perfect. I might have another go.

How do you proof twice? once when u made the dough, n second before u bung it in the oven?
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
        ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Last edited by AidanUK; 11-02-14, 02:33 AM.
          The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
          "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
            i didnt make those, i just googled n found some1 else who had similar looking ones

funnily enough when i baked them in school they turned out perfect. I might have another go.

How do you proof twice? once when u made the dough, n second before u bung it in the oven?
            Cover with Clingfilm for an hour after mixing the dry ingredients with the milk, margarine and egg then another hour after cutting the buns and placing them in a baking tray.

Originally posted by AidanUK View Post
            :salams:
            I made the ebay order if that counts?
            وءليكم السلم

I believe one of the reasons the other food pictures thread was closed was because too many people were posting photos of things they had bought and not actually made. Don't feel left out, we can't all be awesome in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nulbreaker View Post
              وءليكم السلم

I believe one of the reasons the other food pictures thread was closed was because too many people were posting photos of things they had bought and not actually made. Don't feel left out, we can't all be awesome in the kitchen.
              Left out? Pleaseee... Aint no body need a kitchen when you've got Ebay.

But yeah sorry I won't do that again
              The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
              "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

stuffed capsicum

"They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Nullbreaker you should go on Great British Bake Off. Lol.

That looks pretty damn good if I say so myself.

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                  stuffed capsicum

Nice.

Recipe?

Comment

Very basic. Chicken and rice:
                    Attached Files

Comment

--
                      Last edited by Sirius; 15-02-14, 02:23 AM.
                      'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                      Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                      علي الحبشي

Comment

Gained ten pounds just looking at this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                          Gained ten pounds just looking at this thread.
                          LOOOOOL

Nullbreaker, you can bake? those look like they've been prepared by a pro, mash Allah, But I don't like Chelsea buns- BORING

in sha Allah I will post my beautiful chocolate pudding cake soon, when I'm feeling better

I always wanted to compete in the british bake off lol, I'd be the first one out
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Feast time
                            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

*couldnt make, twas a busy week*
                              Last edited by Fairy; 25-02-14, 10:05 PM.
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Working...
                              X