Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying groceries from a Tescos instead of a Muslim business that doesn't sell alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying groceries from a Tescos instead of a Muslim business that doesn't sell alcohol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ting-more.html

Re: Another Good Reason not to Shop at Tescos and Sainsburys - Use Aldi

this may be true, but aldi lacks in quality foods.

Comment

asdas is very cheap too, i normally do sainsburys but i ordered from them the other day it seemed quite a bit cheaper. just have 2 see how their service is with the delivery etc though cos its not come yet, and sainsburys are always good in that (better than tesco..)
      aldi lidl etc might b the cheapest but they r not convenient cos u couldnt order it online and the shops are smalllll they dont even have many things in it, dont give you any carrier bags and in the lidl near me i dont even think u can get in with a buggy
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

alid and lido both have online stores , well at least lidl does. And the quality of food is every bit as good as sainsburys and tescos, they just don't have the smiling shop assistants, fancy packaging and expensive displays

Comment

Aldi has amazing quality food :D
          Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
          In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
          USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
          (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by res novae View Post
            this may be true, but aldi lacks in quality foods.
            Aldi, Lidil and Netto are huge in the Nordic and Scandanavian countrys. So maybe your just posh and eat from a silver spoon.

lol

Comment

I didnt see Aldi when i was in England, but I saw one in France.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                Aldi, Lidil and Netto are huge in the Nordic and Scandanavian countrys. So maybe your just posh and eat from a silver spoon.

lol
                maybe you should shut up

Comment

aldi and lidl have good food but not very healthy options, not much fruit veg or not best quality and most things such as cheese etc are full fat, all their cereals are full of sugar also,but you can shop for some things there and make up for others somewhere else
                  " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                  Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

You can eat Tescos meat

Yes, apparently so.

:salams

As long as it is from the people of the book (or something like that) so long as you say :start: before you consume/cook it. Am still doing my research but there are a difference of opinions so far (like with everything nowadays). Personally I stick to my halal meat and if I can't find halal I wait or grap a tuna sandwich which in any case always nice and healthy

So what do you think? Isn't this going against the status quo. Have you gotten your meat from MnS or morrisons? How was it? Most importantly deeniya wise how do you make of it?

Note: the title is just to grab your attention and am not endorsing or suggesting you should get your meat from tescos. Please purchase your meat responsibly.

:jkk:
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I'd never eat meat from these stores

Comment

Re: You can eat Tescos meat

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                        Yes, apparently so.

As long as it is from the people of the book (or something like that) so long as you say :start: before you consume/cook it. Am still doing my research but there are a difference of opinions so far (like with everything nowadays). Personally I stick to my halal meat and if I can't find halal I wait or grap a tuna sandwich which in any case always nice and healthy

So what do you think? Isn't this going against the status quo. Have you gotten your meat from MnS or morrisons? How was it? Most importantly deeniya wise how do you make of it?

Note: the title is just to grab your attention and am not endorsing or suggesting you should get your meat from tescos. Please purchase your meat responsibly.

You have to understand that the people of the book were the people of the book at the time of our beloved prophet they are not the same anymore they follow wrong ideologies. Kosher is fine if there is no halal.

Comment

Originally posted by Suleman90 View Post
                          You have to understand that the people of the book were the people of the book at the time of our beloved prophet they are not the same anymore they follow wrong ideologies. Kosher is fine if there is no halal.
                          Is kosher meat halal? And The people of the book are the same today, however I believe the main issue about the meat from the west is the fact that the slaughter methods are against halal criteria

Comment

Some of Tesco's larger stores stock halal meat/chicken approved by National Halal Food Group. Eat that.
                            "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                              Yes, apparently so.

The Only meat you can consume is the Kosher ones according to Islam ... whether they are in fact Kosher or not, Allahu alam,

and even then it is advisable to seek Halaal meat from a Muslim butcher than the Jews and Christians.

stick to your Halaal meat and fish.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X