X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bffk
    replied
    Re: Nawabs Manchester

Sorry to always be the odd one out.... and i do not intend to de-rail a informative thread, but my PERSONAL decision (not passing judgement on anyone for going!)
    is that i am going to try my best to hold off the temptation to go to these kind of lavish places as much as i can.

I have done it in the past (gone to fancy restaurants etc) and its part of the culture of the society we live in but as i get older (perhaps closer to death?)
    my conscience will not let me do it as easily any more.

Imagine on the Day of Judgement......

While Muslims in Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Somalia were dieing of starvation (forced to eat dead cats) you were eating 20 different buffet dishes ?

Then imagine looking to the eyes of the Sahaba like Umar ibn al Khattab (ra).

Muslim clerics in Syria have issued a fatwa permitting people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys, as graphic new footage shows the effects of malnutrition on starving children

Leave a comment:

• -MA-
    replied

Any restaurant that does everything ranging from pasta to curry, will never be amazing. I've stopped going to these sort of "all-in-one" restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• i.badat
    replied

:salams sister...

No, Nawaabs isn't HMC Certified..

I do remember however that they have a halal 'certificate' hung up somewhere in the building..

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

is it HMC certified?

Leave a comment:

• mhptsc
    replied

I have been to Nawaabs for both a Wedding and for the Buffet.
    I would say its a decent large venue.
    There was a good busy atmosphere for the Buffet with a large selection of food.

Leave a comment:

• seekingone
    replied

Originally posted by Protein Shaykh View Post
    A little birdy tells me Nawaabs are planning to branch out to London.
    That would be useful!

Leave a comment:

• seekingone
    replied

This place gets mentioned so much, its the other side of the country to me but somewhere I'm looking to try, Thanks for the review.

Leave a comment:

• ism10
    replied

Originally posted by Protein Shaykh View Post
    I think they may do very well in London.

Leave a comment:

• Protein Shaykh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vector
    replied

When they first opened they had a bar serving alcohol, to their credit they they discontinued that. The upstairs is used as a wedding hall.

I never turn down the bubble gum ice cream , it doesn't actually have bubble gum in it but is just flavoured like it. Yes the ice cream is cheap but not really nasty I would say.

I doubt there are many buffets that can beat it on sheer variety and by the same measure , they won't be able to do everything brilliantly (I think same is true of all buffet places) but nothing is bad (not true of all buffets).

In Birmingham for buffet there is Shahi Masala which is decent enough but can't compete with Nawaab (it's not Nawaab's) for variety.

I'm not a buffet junkie but sometimes it's not a bad option if your in the mood. Sometimes the wait for a table at Nawaab can be very long indeed but I wouldn't personally bother if given the option.

But if you are caught out , there is an Abdul's a few doors away and in my opinion they do the best cheeseburgers in Manchester which is a potential stopgap, there's at least one other on Wilmslow Rd.

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

Lol @Med

Im sure when I went to Nawabs, it was a Saturday and they had lots of loud Indian Bollywood Music playing

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

haven't been to nawabs, but they did the catering for a friend's walimah. The starters and desert was nice but their biryani was shocking. I made the mistake of thinking it was going to be like the biryani we have and put a good amount in the plate, ended up having to gulp down the plateful of rice by force. I don't know what they did to it, but it was very sweet, not the way we have it. and no I didn't put the zarda into the plate by mistake **roll eyes**

Leave a comment:

• abdulwadood1412
    replied

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
    I do want
    :salams:

awww thats a shame!

in the 2011 census in Brum 234,411 people identified themselves as Muslims thats 21.8 %

check these two roads out below (note its just two roads and doesnt show all the other roads in Birmingham)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=str...179.42,,0,7.56

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=alu...133.25,,0,3.36

Keep going straight and take a look at the shop windows
    Last edited by abdulwadood1412; 05-11-13, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PakiBaz
    replied

overrated should of gone hadramout(yemeni food) on wimmy rd, the closet restaurant to sunnah, they got separate floor seating and family seating with curtains :)

Leave a comment:

• i.badat
    replied

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X