Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abisali

Do you feel light headed when you eat less or get other side effects

​​​​​​I wanted to replace my dinner with something else, like herbal tea such as fruit tea (without sugar and honey instead)

I'm a little worried about feeling dizzy because when I don't eat enough can faint, my meal portions are quite small, then I snack on things like yoghurt or banana to keep going.

It's not to lose weight but to start eliminating some types of food I'm used to eating

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      Abisali

Do you feel light headed when you eat less or get other side effects

​​​​​​I wanted to replace my dinner with something else, like herbal tea such as fruit tea (without sugar and honey instead)

I'm a little worried about feeling dizzy because when I don't eat enough can faint, my meal portions are quite small, then I snack on things like yoghurt or banana to keep going.

It's not to lose weight but to start eliminating some types of food I'm used to eating

No, not really. I get thirsty more than anything and I do get tired, but never really got light headed. I'm pretty fat so I have lots of stored energy that my body can depend on when I don't eat and I make sure to have protein with my one meal (my current salad has a can of tuna and two boiled eggs). I think it's due to being used to fasting and continuing it after Ramadan that has made it easy.

If you don't need to lose weight and just want to eliminate bad stuff, why don't you try to slowly replace the bad stuff with good stuff? Like, I used to love Sprite and sugary drinks. I switched to a flavored sparkling water beverage that is sweetened with a questionable calorie free sweetener. While I know it is questionable, I notice I'm not drinking as much as I used to and eventually, Inshallah, I will drink water, tea and herbal tea. I read that you can use fruit tea packets to make your own cool-aid like drinks as well, which I plan to do.

I would suggest you up your protein intake because your body and brain (protein is the second largest mass in the brain, the first is water) requires it and that may be why you may faint.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X