Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random FOOD Thread ---/ What did you eat today?/ What did you make today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

Ya the french vanilla is good, but honestly you can make it at home, its basically just regular milk coffee, but they add vanilla in it, probably some vanilla syrup, but regular vanilla extract might work too.
    oh ok
    I've tried that with other coffees and it waa just ok, not amazing
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Mufti Cheesecake
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I need to try the French vanilla one, my sister said Tim's is hit and miss, she is the only one that I talk to about Tim Horton and she like the French vanilla one. Others including non Muslims and British people don't actually mention anything about these coffee shops. They are happy with Gregg's and Costa.
    Ya the french vanilla is good, but honestly you can make it at home, its basically just regular milk coffee, but they add vanilla in it, probably some vanilla syrup, but regular vanilla extract might work too.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Ya, whats up with that, is there some urban legend here about the tim hortans instant coffee? When I first booked my air bnb here before coming to England, the host messaged me and was like "oh you from Canada, could you do me a favour and get the tim hortans instant coffee for me?", I tried getting it at the airport tims before leaving, almost missed my flight, and they didn't even have it, so I just got him the french vanilla one. When I gave it to him he said no problem, he opened his cupboard and I saw he already had the french vanilla one, lol. I asked him why he wanted the coffee because its not that great, he said he heard it was good and wanted to try it. But he said he goes to Canada sometimes anyway, he travels a lot because he works for the NHS, so he'd just get it himself. Was a nigerian guy, cool guy.
    With myself, I just want to try things out (except certain things that I don't like at all). So I've not really come across any hypes about it.

I'm also known as a coffee connoisseur even though I only really go for drinks such as mochas, cappuccinos, lattes and frappes.

I will very rarely make coffee at home.

I'm surprised he asked you to get it lol he must have been really desperate to ask a stranger. That's nice of you though to get an alternative, I would have appreciated it.

I need to try the French vanilla one, my sister said Tim's is hit and miss, she is the only one that I talk to about Tim Horton and she like the French vanilla one. Others including non Muslims and British people don't actually mention anything about these coffee shops. They are happy with Gregg's and Costa.

Leave a comment:

• Mufti Cheesecake
    replied

Tims is way too expensive but I just had to try it. I even bought the coffee granules they are selling in a jar. It was £6.99- outrageous, I had it today and are you flipping havin a laff mate, that ain't no flippin gold dust

it was SO bad. My brother and other sibling agreed. Nescafé is better.

I will be giving it to my other sibling (perks of having siblings Alhamdulillah) because that sibling likes it.

​​​​​​
    Ya, whats up with that, is there some urban legend here about the tim hortans instant coffee? When I first booked my air bnb here before coming to England, the host messaged me and was like "oh you from Canada, could you do me a favour and get the tim hortans instant coffee for me?", I tried getting it at the airport tims before leaving, almost missed my flight, and they didn't even have it, so I just got him the french vanilla one. When I gave it to him he said no problem, he opened his cupboard and I saw he already had the french vanilla one, lol. I asked him why he wanted the coffee because its not that great, he said he heard it was good and wanted to try it. But he said he goes to Canada sometimes anyway, he travels a lot because he works for the NHS, so he'd just get it himself. Was a nigerian guy, cool guy.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

was probably a damn dirty filthy canadian
    LMSO no one flirts with me *snorts*

All I hear and read is that Canadians are so nice

I had a canadian french teacher for a year, she was nice and I think she felt sorry for me as the 'Patel' in the class ya know

The person serving me was actually south Indian :/

The accent and I reckon he was speaking in his language.

It was so bad, service was extremely poor.

Tims is way too expensive but I just had to try it. I even bought the coffee granules they are selling in a jar. It was £6.99- outrageous, I had it today and are you flipping havin a laff mate, that ain't no flippin gold dust

it was SO bad. My brother and other sibling agreed. Nescafé is better.

I will be giving it to my other sibling (perks of having siblings Alhamdulillah) because that sibling likes it.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Mufti Cheesecake
    replied
    Though I do feel like a donut shop would be a really good business idea for here in the UK, since most of the donuts here in the big chains are really expensive. I think £4-5 for a dozen donuts would be possible, and would sell really well.

Leave a comment:

• Mufti Cheesecake
    replied
    Alhamdulillah
    and I couldn't understand what the gentleman was saying (he wasn't English).
    was probably a damn dirty filthy canadian

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post

It wasn't a tea because I didn't put any tea bag or tea leaves in there. I know some people make tea versions like 'chai latte' that has much more milk and less water and so on but the traditional turmeric milk is not made with tea. Some people do a very simple thing where they just add a bit of turmeric to hot milk and give it to someone who is ill or in pain but I'm guessing that doesn't taste good also you have to watch how much turmeric you put in cos too much will have a horrible taste to it. Maybe half a level teaspoon in a large mug of milk should be sufficient.

I didn't know that about fat but also I've heard black pepper helps the body use up turmeric as well though too much would be a bit strong but maybe a little sprinkle wouldn't do any harm.

I must have missed this post somehow
    My bad, I was thinking of tea so my imagination took over

If I ever make the turmeric milk tea, I'd like to do so with the 'organic' turmeric in sha Allah

I watched one of Dr Berg's video that mentioned combining fat with ir

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Alhamdulillah

Happy to announce (lmso) I have tried the coconut latte ( I requested they add vanilla syrup because it doesn't include sugar).

I also tried the Oreo frappe cappuccino, I liked it. Can't remember if cappuccino is spelt with a 'h' or not.

The timbits didn't taste amazing today, I got a variety but couldn't tell which flavour is what except the chocolate one, didn't try it all. There was birthday cake, nothing birthday about the ones I tried.

Got the caramel and maple syrup doughnut and had a bite of that, it was good, I like the chunks of fudge on top, makes it more exciting but I'm not a massive fan of sweet syrup anyway, so people that are, will love the syrup/caramel filling which is quite rich.

That was one part of the quest in my life to try ALL the donuts in the world. I'm so ambitious, I feel emotional I have accomplished a part of Tim Horton mission

Why are doughnuts spelt differently *sighs* for the first time I actually prefer the American way of spelling donut.

I also tried the maple vanilla custard one, I had a little bit and it wasn't bad. Might try it a bit more of the left overs as was sharing with the siblings.

P.S customer service for the one I went to was bad it was SLOW and I couldn't understand what the gentleman was saying (he wasn't English).
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 1 week ago.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

I've never heard of tea with milks and raisins. I don't think I've ever had lotus seeds either.
    I know that turmeric needs to have some fat with it for the body to absorb it.

The only other remedial tea I have is masala to which includes whole spices such as ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, maybe peppercorns...

Lately I've not made it in a saucepan, I saw my dad pour boiling water into his cup where he added a small piece of ginger so I thought it's much quicker for days I don't have time to wait and clean a saucepan (milk makes it harder to wash so I have to soak it).

I was going to try fresh cow milk to see if there's any difference, I've never been tested lactose intolerance but as we get older our bodies change.

I've had random allergic reactions, one only a day ago but couldn't think of what it could be, might be a hidden ingredient in something I have eaten.
    It wasn't a tea because I didn't put any tea bag or tea leaves in there. I know some people make tea versions like 'chai latte' that has much more milk and less water and so on but the traditional turmeric milk is not made with tea. Some people do a very simple thing where they just add a bit of turmeric to hot milk and give it to someone who is ill or in pain but I'm guessing that doesn't taste good also you have to watch how much turmeric you put in cos too much will have a horrible taste to it. Maybe half a level teaspoon in a large mug of milk should be sufficient.

I didn't know that about fat but also I've heard black pepper helps the body use up turmeric as well though too much would be a bit strong but maybe a little sprinkle wouldn't do any harm.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Much like post #355, I now find cow's milk doesn't suit me. In my case it seems to worsen phlegm and just overall I think I'm better off without it.

I used to drink turmeric milk occasionally years ago and particularly a type we call 'kaara' (though in India kaara tends to mean herbal remedy). What mum would do is lightly toast/fry some chopped nuts (and maybe a couple of sultanas) in a frying pan with a little ghee and turmeric, then pour some milk (and a little sugar/honey) on to it and when the milk is hot, serve the whole thing in a mug. A fun (though completely optional) thing to do is also throw a few makhane (lotus seeds) in the milk as well (kinda like how people have bubble tea as a drink but there's this bit at the bottom that you eat except this is done with makhane instead of tapioca balls). This was a very good anti inflammatory if I were suffering from muscle or joint aches. Once I realised that cow's milk didn't suit me, I tried making this using other plant based milks. Nut milks don't suit my skin either so they weren't an option, but I think hemp milk tastes pretty good so I tried it with that. At least hemp milk didn't worsen the phlegm problem and it was an okay next best thing, but I felt it wasn't as effective as the stuff I used to have.
    I've never heard of tea with milks and raisins. I don't think I've ever had lotus seeds either.
    I know that turmeric needs to have some fat with it for the body to absorb it.

The only other remedial tea I have is masala to which includes whole spices such as ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, maybe peppercorns...

Lately I've not made it in a saucepan, I saw my dad pour boiling water into his cup where he added a small piece of ginger so I thought it's much quicker for days I don't have time to wait and clean a saucepan (milk makes it harder to wash so I have to soak it).

I was going to try fresh cow milk to see if there's any difference, I've never been tested lactose intolerance but as we get older our bodies change.

I've had random allergic reactions, one only a day ago but couldn't think of what it could be, might be a hidden ingredient in something I have eaten.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Much like post #355, I now find cow's milk doesn't suit me. In my case it seems to worsen phlegm and just overall I think I'm better off without it.

I used to drink turmeric milk occasionally years ago and particularly a type we call 'kaara' (though in India kaara tends to mean herbal remedy). What mum would do is lightly toast/fry some chopped nuts (and maybe a couple of sultanas) in a frying pan with a little ghee and turmeric, then pour some milk (and a little sugar/honey) on to it and when the milk is hot, serve the whole thing in a mug. A fun (though completely optional) thing to do is also throw a few makhane (lotus seeds) in the milk as well (kinda like how people have bubble tea as a drink but there's this bit at the bottom that you eat except this is done with makhane instead of tapioca balls). This was a very good anti inflammatory if I were suffering from muscle or joint aches. Once I realised that cow's milk didn't suit me, I tried making this using other plant based milks. Nut milks don't suit my skin either so they weren't an option, but I think hemp milk tastes pretty good so I tried it with that. At least hemp milk didn't worsen the phlegm problem and it was an okay next best thing, but I felt it wasn't as effective as the stuff I used to have.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

I'm going to try this recipe and the one mufti shared

Have anyone ever tried tumeric milk (they call it golden drink think)
    Has*

Not that I bother with typos much anyway

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied

never tried the milk, but tried making turmeric tea and it was horrible, has like a bitter taste on its own
    I used to drink tumeric milk regularly years ago but my body can not handle cows milk anymore and I hate all the nut milks so have not had it in years.

I would often drink it when I had a sore throat and it worked like magic for me. I found it really enjoyable and soothing to drink.
    I have only tried it in cows milk and used to let the tumeric boil for a min or 2 to take the bitter edge off then added a bit of honey.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I won't try the milk with turmeric but was interested in knowing if anyone has and what they experienced.
    I had hot chocolate, I'm not too keen on hot chocolate but I didn't haven't an appetite so wanted something quick to make to fill my stomach.

I think the milk has worsened the heartburn, chest in pain and I was getting acid reflux the last couple of days anyway but didn't think the hot chocolate would make it worse

Haven't been feeling well lately so waiting for the weather to get warmer and brighter in sha Allah

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X