Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random FOOD Thread ---/ What did you eat today?/ What did you make today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

Beans peas and most pulses/daals don't suit my digestion at all. The only daal I seem okay with is red lentils. Anything else I shouldn't have more than a teaspoon of it and not more than twice a week otherwise it causes too many problems. It's a shame cos taste wise I like chickpeas, peas and a few types of beans and daals but I've reached a point where I realise I have to give up a food even if it tastes good cos the more important factor is how it affects my digestion, skin and overall health.
    so are you basically kinda having to do a paleo diet?
    "The diet avoids processed food and typically includes vegetables, fruits, nuts, roots, and meat and excludes dairy products, grains, sugar, legumes, processed oils, salt, alcohol, and coffee."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

so are you basically kinda having to do a paleo diet?
      Close but not quite. I can't have nuts or most fruits for a start. I have to avoid most grains and legumes but can still have rice and red lentils. I do have some processed food, sugar and coffee but rarely. Not sure what it means by 'processed oils'. A lot of my food is cooked in mustard oil with a little ghee so again, not quite paleo.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Close but not quite. I can't have nuts or most fruits for a start. I have to avoid most grains and legumes but can still have rice and red lentils. I do have some processed food, sugar and coffee but rarely. Not sure what it means by 'processed oils'. A lot of my food is cooked in mustard oil with a little ghee so again, not quite paleo.
        neelu diet.

have you looked into carnivore diet, I think you might have mentioned it before. But people say it helps with autoimmune disorders, which seems like what you have.

Comment

neelu diet.

have you looked into carnivore diet, I think you might have mentioned it before. But people say it helps with autoimmune disorders, which seems like what you have.
          Is that an exclusively animal/meat based diet or more like paleo? I'd imagine it wouldn't be that nutritionally balanced. I can't have eggs or fish either (well I occasionally have fish but it makes me itch a lot) and I thoroughly dislike the taste of offal so don't have that either.

Comment

Is that an exclusively animal/meat based diet or more like paleo? I'd imagine it wouldn't be that nutritionally balanced. I can't have eggs or fish either (well I occasionally have fish but it makes me itch a lot) and I thoroughly dislike the taste of offal so don't have that either.
            yes, animal products only

Comment

I can't see how that would work. I'd only be able to have chicken and lamb and maybe beef. Dairy, eggs and fish would be off limits. I can imagine doing it as a one off if I went to a nice barbeque or something, but not on a regular basis.

Comment

I've heard of that Peterson's dotta on this lion diet where she has stated that it got rid of her autoimmune disorders
                I am not an avid follower but when I was looking at gut health and what this hype was about the guy, I came across her vid>blog on it

Comment

Does that include humans son?

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Does that include humans son?

Comment

neelu diet.

I actually like that
                      the neelu diet
                      neelu you should trademark it, you'd probably get followers if you blogged it

It's amazing but I'm a weaklin that can't even imagine doing the keto one

I have never been on a diet in my entire life- I didn't feel the need for it, I just ate when I was hungry but obviously not everyone has a choice for 'diets' due to health and this is why I need gently slap myself and make quicker changes

The last couple of years my eating habits changed to eating two meals a day- usually, and a small snack in the evening if I'm hungry or tea

I think I am fat now, for real. My face is like Mr blobby

it's all the fatty drinks I've been indulging in, calms me down and keeps me awake at work (the added coffee)

Now that I am an 'old' grandma of none, my metabolism has slowed down

I will In Sha Allah get better at eating more veg
                      I like them, I just don't eat enough of it

I had avocado today with boiled eggs and brown bread

​​​​​​

Comment

• I still want to try all the frappes from tim's

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I actually like that
                          the neelu diet
                          neelu you should trademark it, you'd probably get followers if you blogged it

It's amazing but I'm a weaklin that can't even imagine doing the keto one

I have never been on a diet in my entire life- I didn't feel the need for it, I just ate when I was hungry but obviously not everyone has a choice for 'diets' due to health and this is why I need gently slap myself and make quicker changes

The last couple of years my eating habits changed to eating two meals a day- usually, and a small snack in the evening if I'm hungry or tea

I think I am fat now, for real. My face is like Mr blobby

it's all the fatty drinks I've been indulging in, calms me down and keeps me awake at work (the added coffee)

Now that I am an 'old' grandma of none, my metabolism has slowed down

I will In Sha Allah get better at eating more veg
                          I like them, I just don't eat enough of it

I had avocado today with boiled eggs and brown bread

​​​​​​
                          My diet isn't even the one I want to eat, let alone recommend to others, but I eat this way cos of so many intolerances to foods most people wouldn't have a problem with. Even if someone else had food intolerances, I can offer broad guidelines but there's a good chance the person would be intolerant to foods that I'm fine with so my diet wouldn't suit that person either. So that's why I'm reluctant to pursue that sort of idea- though I do have a recipe blog for some of the things I eat/make.

Btw, I watched a video on 'self gaslighting' yesterday which described how people who keep reacting to their most minor mistake with "oh I'm so dumb" or "I'm so useless at this" etc- these phrases are a form of "self gaslighting". I saw your comment and it really reminded me of that vid. You're always putting yourself down, making a deliberate point of telling everyone that you're ugly and old and this is not okay. Just because you're rejected for rishtas a lot, you shouldn't let other people dent your self worth- they can get lost. I think you need to build your life based on something other than whether a man will accept you or not.

Comment

• @neelu

Ok I can understand why you wouldn't go for it because of how restrictive it is, the blog sounds good for anyone wanting ideas for alternative ingredients

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about men when I posted that lol
                            I just know that I have gained because of the indulgence

It started off with me treating myself once in a while, but then it became quite regular because I felt so good and enjoy these drinks so much

If my life was based around men and what they think, I would not even leave the house and I'd be so miserable. I can't live like that. Sometimes (not being able to get married) it's upsetting, I'll have the rare occasion when I question about what I am lacking that I'm not a good enough candidate but majority of the time, life goes on.

Alhamdullilah, I'm content. Ofcourse I'd want to be settled because of concerns about fertility the older I get, it's harder but seriously, the above post was purely about my weight gain.

Comment

• I
                              LOVE GARLIC

Alhamdulillah

So delicious and flavours
                              If I ever get my own place and my own oven, I'm gonna put a whole garlic in, drizzle it with olive oil and roast it

then I will squeeze it out to add it to other dishes

I can season it later

I also have this addiction with scoth bonnet, as soon as that smell hits my nose, it takes me to a different dimension

Utterly amazing, you can add a little bit of scotch bonnet to any savoury dish, really lifts it

I don't like to use the same flavours all the time but those two are close to my heart

Chicken garlic wings

Comment

• What are your top favourite meats? What haven't you tried but would like to?

Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Lamb, Goat, Salmon

I feel turkey is really underrated, a lot of people say that don't like it, but I like the unique flavour and smell it has. Just put half a turkey in the slow cooker and it'll come out really good.

Beef I don't think is really special, its just a good standard red meat when you want something meatier. I think steaks are overrated, and over exaggerated how good it is by western culture, especially their obsession with medium rare and aversion to well done. I think theres a reason why most of the world doesn't eat beef in a steak form, but rather in curries, stews, kebabs, pot roast, etc.

Salmon is probably my favourite fish, salt, pepper, and lemon, then just pan fry it. I hate how people clump all fish meat together, because a lot of them are drastically different.

I'd really like to try venison, deer meat, issue is that its hard to find halal deer meat. I've tried rabbit a few times when I was young, don't remember how it tastes so I'd like to try it again, it has very little fat, even less than chicken. Duck, again similar to rabbit, don't remember how it tastes would like to try again, my parents I think don't like it they said its tough and chewy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X