Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random FOOD Thread ---/ What did you eat today?/ What did you make today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random FOOD Thread ---/ What did you eat today?/ What did you make today?

Random FOOD Thread

Food talk, post pics of what you ate, or what you made, i don't care how bad it looks, POST IT.

First time since I moved to UK that I've cooked meat (maybe aside from prawn). I'm thinking about eating less meat though, maybe to once a week, it's cheaper, and idk how ethical our halal meat industries can be when we demand so much meat. Umar(RA) had even said to beware of meat because it can be as addictive as wine.

Rice, broccoli, bell peppers, kidney beans, tandoori chicken in the oven.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211002_202356.jpg Views:	1 Size:	365.6 KB ID:	12798929
    Last edited by Mufti Cheesecake; 05-10-21, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I'm also finding it hard to get a pressure cooker, theres not many places that have it, is this a safety thing, cuz of pressure cooker bombs or something? Everyones telling me just get from amazon, but it seems really expensive on amazon. Back in Canada we have a lot of thrift stores, where you could find second hand pressure cookers for really cheap, I went to some of the charity shops here and theres not much. I can only find slow cookers which aren't bad, but even they're a bit expensive, also a pressure cooker would be more convenient.

Comment

Kitchuri, scrambled eggs, greek yogurt

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210925_214424.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	12798932

Comment

Vegetable curry, and roti

Name:	IMG_20210918_010850.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	12798934

Comment

I LOVE these types of threads ​​​​​​​​​​​
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post
              Vegetable curry, and roti

Name:	IMG_20210918_010850.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	12798934
              Did you make the roti
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I'm also finding it hard to get a pressure cooker, theres not many places that have it, is this a safety thing, cuz of pressure cooker bombs or something? Everyones telling me just get from amazon, but it seems really expensive on amazon. Back in Canada we have a lot of thrift stores, where you could find second hand pressure cookers for really cheap, I went to some of the charity shops here and theres not much. I can only find slow cookers which aren't bad, but even they're a bit expensive, also a pressure cooker would be more convenient.
                Try Argos. You can check online if your local store has the one you want. Ebay or Gumtree have second hand ones advertised. Lidl has pressure cookers sometimes but you would have to wait until the week they are selling them as they do not sell them all the time. Some Asian shops that sell cookware and dishes etc often have various types but I would hesitant buying from there because if there is a problem with the product it can be difficult to get a replacement or refund.

Comment

Food.

Comment

I'd expect to find pressure cookers in all the department stores. Perhaps the fact that so many department stores have shut down (such as Debenhams, House of Fraser have closed and John Lewis has reduced the number of branches) due in recent times mostly due to covid is the reason pressure cookers are hard to find for you. By department stores, I mean somewhere like John Lewis, possibly a large M&S, but I'd expect to find a cheaper one in Argos. Also worth checking out Lakeland either online or in store if there's one near you- it tends to be a bit pricey but often good quality. This will sound silly but a lot of night time infomercials on TV are about the latest high tech pressure cooker but mentioning it in case that interests you.

I'd never expect to find a pressure cooker in a thrift store. Maybe it's a cultural thing in the UK but such stores aren't associated with such products over here.

Nice thread and that veg curry looks really good. Such a great idea to reduce your meat intake as that's more likely to be healthy as well. Just make sure that you have enough iron, protein and vitamin b12 in your diet inshaAllah.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Did you make the roti
                      I wish lol. I probably could, I used to with mom all the time back home, but its time consuming and too much work for me. These were just packet roti, you just warm up it. Now though I've bought the frozen ones that you just take out and put on the pan to cook, I like them better and I think have less preservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                        I'd never expect to find a pressure cooker in a thrift store. Maybe it's a cultural thing in the UK but such stores aren't associated with such products over here.
                        I did see some slow cookers at the thrift stores, but they weren't that different in price compared to if I bought new, and I could get a new name brand crockpot for not much more. I'll check out those other stores though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

Try Argos. You can check online if your local store has the one you want. Ebay or Gumtree have second hand ones advertised. Lidl has pressure cookers sometimes but you would have to wait until the week they are selling them as they do not sell them all the time. Some Asian shops that sell cookware and dishes etc often have various types but I would hesitant buying from there because if there is a problem with the product it can be difficult to get a replacement or refund.
                          Ya I'm leaning towards trying to get one off ebay now, but I'm worried it'll come broken and then I'll just be scammed.

Comment

Made daal yesterday. Wallah, don't understand how I made it so good. Alhamdulillah.

Name:	IMG_20211005_174304.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	12799010

Comment

Made daal yesterday. Wallah, don't understand how I made it so good. Alhamdulillah.

Name:	IMG_20211005_174304.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	12799010
                              That looks very nice. Admittedly was a bit disappointed to hear that you didn't make the rotis yourself- it feels like cheating.

Then again during my student years, I very rarely made roti- it seemed like more hassle than it's worth for one person, though I did sometimes make alu parathas when I felt homesick. If ready made rotis were available in the shops at the time... I think I still wouldn't have bought them cos it's just not the same. I ended up making rice and daal a lot.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X