what did you eat for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Wandering Soul View Post

Not a smoothie, I make it in a bowl. So I use 1 can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of chia seeds and mix in a bowl which I leave overnight. It makes 2 portions. The chia seeds can absorb 11x the amount of fluid which is why it's important to let them absorb some liquid before you eat them. Then in the morning i just serve it in a bowl and top with whatver you want. You can put flax seeds on there or nuts as well. If you want it more runnier add more milk. I quite like it. You can use them in a smoothie too but I'm not sure what the texture will be like as they have a squidgy ball kind of texture.
    sounds good, yea funny thing is i also got flaxseeds too but thats more powderish

Comment

I think it depends on what you define as healthy. Compared to some cereals muesli is a lot healthier option. I have a health condition and im learning to see sugar as poisen to my body as it's very harmful for me. I literally used to have cereal every single day and now don't touch it at all. I try to avoid white carbs as well as they break down in to sigar very quickly and would cause a spike in a persons sugar levels.

oats are okay as long as it's the proper ones, not instant. Another one I've been making recently is a porridge I make with ground almonds, flaxseeds, ghee and milk and whatever other toppings you want. Not my recipes just stuff I've been finding online.

I think with breakfast you want a meal that is going to leave you feeling full and satisfied for as long as possible. Cereal gives a sugar spike and when it drops you feel sluggish and it never fills you up anyway so what was the point. Eggs, sausages, avacados are another great option.
      tbh bro ive had high cholestrol issues before because i lurve eggs so much and can have so many in one sitting but ive cut down my cholestrol went down but now its back up and i hardly have say a few eggs every few weeks, so kinda dont get it tbh

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Cake rusk as they call it.
        i like cake rusks in ramadhan and i lurve dipping them in tea hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I tried the sweet potate salad and didn't really like it
          I can't eat sweet potatoes anymore, it's too sweet, k know this doesn't make sense for someone with a sweet tooth but I prefer to have savoury food that wondering be that sweet

The sweetness is very over powering, I won't be buying sweet potatoes in a long time

It is very versatile for anyone that likes it, a good healthy alternative
          I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes either. Did you eat the orange flesh ones or the white flesh ones? I find supermarkets usually sell the orange flesh sweet potatoes which is sweeter and has a different texture. I find usually the desi shops sell white flesh sweet potatoes, they have a more potato like texture, they are slightly sweet and I find them better than the orange ones. One time I tried a recipe that was made of cooked chestnuts and icing sugar and it tasted just like the white flesh sweet potato.

Also have you ever tasted sweet potato pie? It's big in the US, I think it's a dessert there- maybe in that context it works and they always use the orange sweet potatoes for that. It's not bad in that.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu

I tried the sweet potate salad and didn't really like it
            I can't eat sweet potatoes anymore, it's too sweet, k know this doesn't make sense for someone with a sweet tooth but I prefer to have savoury food that wondering be that sweet

The sweetness is very over powering, I won't be buying sweet potatoes in a long time

It is very versatile for anyone that likes it, a good healthy alternative
            I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes either. Did you eat the orange flesh ones or the white flesh ones? I find supermarkets usually sell the orange flesh sweet potatoes which is sweeter and has a different texture. I find usually the desi shops sell white flesh sweet potatoes, they have a more potato like texture, they are slightly sweet and I find them better than the orange ones. One time I tried a recipe that was made of cooked chestnuts and icing sugar and it tasted just like the white flesh sweet potato.

Also have you ever tasted sweet potato pie? It's big in the US, I think it's a dessert there- maybe in that context it works and they always use the orange sweet potatoes for that. It's not
            bad in that.
            I do like sweet potato fries tbh

Comment

since i woke up today i feel soooo hungry, not sure why though tbh

dont get me wrong im a breakfast type of person where i enjoy having it but its not even breakfast time yet lol

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

tbh bro ive had high cholestrol issues before because i lurve eggs so much and can have so many in one sitting but ive cut down my cholestrol went down but now its back up and i hardly have say a few eggs every few weeks, so kinda dont get it tbh
                Ah okay I don't have any advice for cholestral. So you avoid anything with fat in there? How about healthy fats like nuts, avacado etc? It must be hard avoiding fats..

I'm a sister by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

I do like sweet potato fries tbh
                  That's the best way to have them in my opinion, some salt, pepper and paprika or garlic powder as well and let them roast in the oven. They're actually quite nice. I think its because fries are cut so finely and you get so much other flavouring on there so the sweetness of potato is hardly tastable lol

Comment

That's the best way to have them in my opinion, some salt, pepper and paprika or garlic powder as well and let them roast in the oven. They're actually quite nice. I think its because fries are cut so finely and you get so much other flavouring on there so the sweetness of potato is hardly tastable lol
                    That sounds nice. Do you need to boil them or can you put them in the oven. Also how long do they take to bake?

Comment

To be honest I try to do the easiest possible thing which would be to just cook it one way and I don't usually time anything lol. Remember to coat them in olive oil first and toss whatever seasoning you like and put them in the oven. Turn them over half way through, they should lool crispy and dried out on the outside. Maybe 20 mins in total depending on your oven

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Also have you ever tasted sweet potato pie? It's big in the US, I think it's a dessert there- maybe in that context it works and they always use the orange sweet potatoes for that. It's not bad in that.
                        It was the orange flesh one, I didn't know there was a white flesh one, sounds like yam yam (we have had this in curries and tastes fine but very filling) or cassava. Will check out the white one if I get a chance to go to Asian shops, don't think it will happen soon though.
                        I roasted some for my parents yesterday, sliced them into wedges. They are so hard to cut through.

Many years ago I could eat it but now it's way too sweet and sickly. I've seen recipes for truffles and having it as a sweet treat but that doesn't appeal to me.

Never heard of sweet potatoe pie, I know they make pumpkin pie in America, haven't tried either one of those.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

It was the orange flesh one, I didn't know there was a white flesh one, sounds like yam yam (we have had this in curries and tastes fine but very filling) or cassava. Will check out the white one if I get a chance to go to Asian shops, don't think it will happen soon though.
                          I roasted some for my parents yesterday, sliced them into wedges. They are so hard to cut through.

Many years ago I could eat it but now it's way too sweet and sickly. I've seen recipes for truffles and having it as a sweet treat but that doesn't appeal to me.

Never heard of sweet potatoe pie, I know they make pumpkin pie in America, haven't tried either one of those.

You try to cut your sweet potato before it's cooked
                          Sounds like way too much hassle, I wouldn't bother. I think what we do with the white flesh sweet potatoes is just prick them with a fork and put them in the oven to cook until they soften, then they're easy to cut open, sprinkle some salt and lemon juice over it- you can also barbeque it. The white flesh ones tend to look smaller and thinner than the big orange flesh ones.

As for sweet potato pie, I think it's sold in Whole Foods. Didi once bought me some years ago and it tastes pretty good. This is what it looks like
                          sweet potato pie at DuckDuckGo
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Ah okay I don't have any advice for cholestral. So you avoid anything with fat in there? How about healthy fats like nuts, avacado etc? It must be hard avoiding fats..

I'm a sister by the way.
                            well i seen someone who does homeopathy today and got a telling off and that i need to aboid junk food

seriously? i always thought you was a brother!

Comment

yea sweet potato fries are nice but after a fair amount it does get sickening tbh

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

You try to cut your sweet potato before it's cooked
                                Sounds like way too much hassle, I wouldn't bother. I think what we do with the white flesh sweet potatoes is just prick them with a fork and put them in the oven to cook until they soften, then they're easy to cut open, sprinkle some salt and lemon juice over it- you can also barbeque it. The white flesh ones tend to look smaller and thinner than the big orange flesh ones.

As for sweet potato pie, I think it's sold in Whole Foods. Didi once bought me some years ago and it tastes pretty good. This is what it looks like
                                sweet potato pie at DuckDuckGo
                                Yeh sometimes I keep the skin on, other times I peel it, my parents prefer peeled because sometimes the skin is quite muddy and harder to wash off
                                the thing is butternut squash is even harder, how do people cut through that? I'd have to give it all my strength and take rest for the rest of the day

I've seen people roast butternut squash in the oven, I prefer it in meat curries, I think it compliments lamb/beef

that looks exactly like the pumpkin pie they go crazy about over there
                                I'll keep an eye out, I don't think I have ever been to whole foods or seen it

Sounds like farm foods
                                Last edited by Ya'sin; 27-07-21, 07:54 PM.
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X