No announcement yet.

what did you eat for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to eat healthier too. I pick options low in sugar and high in protein, fat and fibre. One of my favourites is chia seeds mixed with coconut milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and topped with berries. You can add yoghurt or other fruits if you fancy but I love this combo

Comment

Originally posted by A Wandering Soul View Post
      I'm trying to eat healthier too. I pick options low in sugar and high in protein, fat and fibre. One of my favourites is chia seeds mixed with coconut milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and topped with berries. You can add yoghurt or other fruits if you fancy but I love this combo
      so do you make that into like a smoothie?

i got some chia seeds recently cheap from amazon so i tried it the other day theyre nice but i couldnt think of what to put it on

do you make that into a smoothie or a smoothie bowl with the coconut milk etc? do you blend it in machine or by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
        Coffee
        no food bro?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
          Dry Cake
          what type of cake bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Hubba

I have a reputation for eating cake in the morning (not every morning, that would be self destruction)

I really want those wedding cake, the last one I had was so good, I was impressed as they usually aren't that great, the buttercream was made with white chocolate and it complemented the well made sponge and chocolate

What did you make those potatoe cubes with?

I have two sweet potatoes left, not sure what to do with them
            I was planning on lightly frying them with paprika, garlic and seasoning then adding them to green salad with caesar dressing.

Something quick because they're going off

my mrs hates cooking but lurves baking, i lurve the cakes she makes Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

im into plain cakes and like cupcakes, not into too much icing and dont like fondent that much tbh

Comment

Originally posted by NJ.2020 View Post

I don’t even eat cereal that much. But when I do have it it’s usually the non chocolatey ones. I like whole grain/ bran flakes, corn flakes or that recent cinnamon one. So haven’t tried any of the ones you’ve said

You a chocolate connoisseur or something? It’s like you’ve tried out most new things/food 😅
              That's my dream job

Lol I do have an impulse for trying out new things, my mum tells me off 'guri furi shoman jeenish' she says meaning it's all comes back to them same thing
              saying that, I avoid unusual flavours like chilli and chocolate

Rice Krispies is a classic we used to have with a banana before going to primary school, and Weetabix with sugar, both remind me of my childhood
              ​​​​​​

Those days are long gone

Fastest brekkie was Weetabix microwaved scoffed down literally, I didn't even think, I used to rush it

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

Ooh no i didnt taste those sis im not in UK anymore now. I was broke in UK so i used to get the cheap cheesecakes from lidl and i ate them frozen as well sometimes, but just bc i didnt have the patience to wait for them to defrost haha
                Oh they weren't any more pricier than Lidl
                but maybe next time you never know
                You should try mochi, I like the coconut and chocolate flavour

I tried the sweet potate salad and didn't really like it
                I can't eat sweet potatoes anymore, it's too sweet, k know this doesn't make sense for someone with a sweet tooth but I prefer to have savoury food that wondering be that sweet

The sweetness is very over powering, I won't be buying sweet potatoes in a long time

It is very versatile for anyone that likes it, a good healthy alternative
                Last edited by Ya'sin; 26-07-21, 01:36 PM.
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

my mrs hates cooking but lurves baking, i lurve the cakes she makes Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

im into plain cakes and like cupcakes, not into too much icing and dont like fondent that much tbh
                  I think I prefer cooking because baking is so long
                  I think if you have the luxury of time then yeh baking can be enjoyable, decorating being the best part

Even though I like icing, I can't eat too much of it

Comment

I don’t even eat cereal that much. But when I do have it it’s usually the non chocolatey ones. I like whole grain/ bran flakes, corn flakes or that recent cinnamon one. So haven’t tried any of the ones you’ve said

You a chocolate connoisseur or something? It’s like you’ve tried out most new things/food 😅
                    do you like muesli? if so, are they actually healthy? i wouldve assumed they are

Comment

do you like muesli? if so, are they actually healthy? i wouldve assumed they are
                      No, I don’t like it, especially the dried fruit bits in it.
                      im not sure actually, I think it might be unless it has added sugar or something.

I’ve skipped breakfast these couple of days and I feel better, whenever I have breakfast I feel like I’m lazy and sluggish the whole day. Whereas if I skip breakfast and have lunch later on I feel more productive.
                      Last edited by NJ.2020; 26-07-21, 02:45 PM.

Comment

so do you make that into like a smoothie?

i got some chia seeds recently cheap from amazon so i tried it the other day theyre nice but i couldnt think of what to put it on

do you make that into a smoothie or a smoothie bowl with the coconut milk etc? do you blend it in machine or by hand?
                        Not a smoothie, I make it in a bowl. So I use 1 can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of chia seeds and mix in a bowl which I leave overnight. It makes 2 portions. The chia seeds can absorb 11x the amount of fluid which is why it's important to let them absorb some liquid before you eat them. Then in the morning i just serve it in a bowl and top with whatver you want. You can put flax seeds on there or nuts as well. If you want it more runnier add more milk. I quite like it. You can use them in a smoothie too but I'm not sure what the texture will be like as they have a squidgy ball kind of texture.

Comment

I think it depends on what you define as healthy. Compared to some cereals muesli is a lot healthier option. I have a health condition and im learning to see sugar as poisen to my body as it's very harmful for me. I literally used to have cereal every single day and now don't touch it at all. I try to avoid white carbs as well as they break down in to sigar very quickly and would cause a spike in a persons sugar levels.

oats are okay as long as it's the proper ones, not instant. Another one I've been making recently is a porridge I make with ground almonds, flaxseeds, ghee and milk and whatever other toppings you want. Not my recipes just stuff I've been finding online.

I think with breakfast you want a meal that is going to leave you feeling full and satisfied for as long as possible. Cereal gives a sugar spike and when it drops you feel sluggish and it never fills you up anyway so what was the point. Eggs, sausages, avacados are another great option.

Comment

what type of cake bro?
                            Cake rusk as they call it.

Comment

No, I don’t like it, especially the dried fruit bits in it.
                              im not sure actually, I think it might be unless it has added sugar or something.

I’ve skipped breakfast these couple of days and I feel better, whenever I have breakfast I feel like I’m lazy and sluggish the whole day. Whereas if I skip breakfast and have lunch later on I feel more productive.
                              do you have to have coffee though?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Cake rusk as they call it.
                                That's popular with Bengalis
                                haven't had it in years which is good because I know it tastes nice dunked in tea but I can live without

Rarely have biscuits Alhamdulillah

You probably hatatoos too the 'toast' biscuit

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X