what did you eat for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    There’s a lot of healthy breakfast ideas you can start making. Poached eggs on toast is sooo easy and tasty and nutritious. You can even spread avocado on the toast and then put an egg on top to make it healthier

one of my favs for breakfast (I don’t really have breakfast but these are things I make my kids) is an avocado smoothie - you get milk, banana, an avocado and some honey or dates (or sugar) and have it. It’s very popular in Morocco. Or a normal breakfast smoothie which consists of blueberries, oats and milk and you can add more fruit if you want.

Another good idea is natural or Greek yoghurt with fruit. I don’t buy the supermarket yoghurts as it’s an ultra processed food & I try and stay away from it. But natural yoghurt with strawberries for example is nice and refreshing

Fruit salad is nice for breakfast too.

I don’t feed my children cereal (ultra processed!!!) so sometimes I struggle in the mornings with breakfast for them but normally milk, dates and a banana keeps them going.

p.s I know I sound like a right idiot saying I don’t eat cereal but ahem eat Turkey rashers 🤷‍♀️
    you know what i find avocado to be very bland, dont see the big hoo haa about it tbh

depends on the cereal, isnt weetabix meant to be good in fibre?

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I understand Layla^. I'm personally very distrustful of cereals myself. It was just a processed food developed for an industrial age- not proper nutrition and I don't believe it's healthy.
      whats shocking is the price of cereals, i swear theyre expensive for what they are

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
        Coffee, eggs, a fruit and a vegetable.

Thats basically what I have whenever I eat breakfast.

Today I had vanilla yogurt with it.
        which fruits and veggies?

Comment

I only like avocado in sweet things such as in my smoothie as it thickens it and gives a creamy flavour (because it's bland it doesn't add any flavour of its own but improves the texture), or there's a vegan dessert in which it tastes good as well.

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

you know what i find avocado to be very bland, dont see the big hoo haa about it tbh

depends on the cereal, isnt weetabix meant to be good in fibre?
          I'm not convinced by these claims on cereal packets. First of all, the wheat we consume nowadays is not what our grandparents ate. It is sprayed numerous times with glyphosate/round up (weed killer/pesticide) which is a known toxin, in fact a woman who lived near a farm became very sick because the farm was sprayed with glyphosate, she took the manufacturer of glyphosate to court in France and WON.... and we're expected to eat the stuff that this toxic chemical was sprayed all over. It is most likely a contributory factor behind a ton of ill defined 'mystery' illnesses that have erupted in the past 25 years: IBS, allergies, hayfever, ADHD, multiple chemical sensitivity and so on. When my gut problems started, my doctor kept nagging me to eat more fibre so I used to have these bran cereals like all bran and it just made matters worse because I'd developed an intolerance to wheat and most doctors don't admit that food intolerances exist because they don't receive any training on nutrition. You'd be better off eating some free range eggs for breakfast or that sort of thing. If you MUST have wheat then make sure it's at least organic, but also consider trying ancient heritage grains such as spelt, amaranth, jawar (sorghum) and millet (bajra) etc as they tend to be more rich in minerals.

On top of that, these cereals aren't nutritious. They claim to have vitamins but that's cos they add (most likely synthetic) vitamin pills to the cereal it's not cos the cereal itself is nutritious. Glyphosate has been found in cereals such as fruit loops. The cereals don't have much flavour of their own so most of them have a lot of added sugar which is also not good for us. Then some are marketed like health food like special K even though that's almost as packed with sugar as frosties.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I'm the same, not an avocado fan either but everyone is obsessed, im having dejavu because i think we had this same discussion on another thread a few weeks ago about not liking avocado. Saying that.. there is this place that does nice guac with tortilla chips(along with cheese sauce and this other sauce).
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

whats shocking is the price of cereals, i swear theyre expensive for what they are
              yeah I agree
              Recently bought the curiously cinnamon cereal and it was £3-4 and the actual content in the packet was quite small. Total rip-off that was 😂
              but the cereal was nice though 😁

Comment

Yeah they were delicious. For apple porridge what I did was chop up one mini apple (or half a normal size apple- usually cox), stir fry it in half a teaspoon of ghee till it slightly caramelises around the edges, then add maple syrup, oats and oat milk and cook it for a few minutes until the oats have softened (as an optional extra you can add some seeds or dried fruit to this but I tended not to). It smelled amazing and tasted really good.

Since I developed all these intolerances, I generally don't eat breakfast foods. Sometimes I start the day with some tea and a date. As for my first meal of the day, I eat the same stuff I'd normally have for dinner for example rice and salan, chicken and quinoa- that sort of thing. If we could be bothered to make the effort, I'd probably consider having masala dosa for breakfast, or sometimes I think one day we might try one of the gluten free poori recipes on youtube. In the past I would've experimented with such recipes, now I'm not well enough so my dad usually has to do it and I avoid giving him anything too time consuming or difficult to do- partly cos of the disappointment if it doesn't turn out right and partly cos it doesn't seem right to make him do too much at his age. I might ask for it as a birthday treat. For most of my life on my birthday, even after I stopped celebrating, I'd sometimes have a cake or sweet treat, then after going gluten free sometimes dad made gluten free cake or dessert for eid or on my birthday (even when I didn't ask for it). Now I'm prediabetic, I think I shouldn't have a sweet treat but instead this experiment with a new recipe could be my savoury treat inshaAllah.

Ameen JazakAllah khayr
                The apple porridge sounds nice, might try it InshaAllaah. Thats okay, a lot of ppl dont have breakfast anyway plus dates have so many benefits and sunnah food too. Love them we used to have mainly in Ramadhaan bt started having more now. Mmm gluten free puri and masala dosa sound good bt i know what u mean, simple/fuss free things are easier all around. Not had quinoa before. InshaaAllaah it will get better(prediabetes) i have a big sweet tooth too. Wa Iyyak
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

The South Indian (Keralites) people are really hospitable so for Breakfast they would give you Mango Juice...then you would think that is it..but 10mins later they bring you a massive plate of Chicken Curry with Roti and Bread to eat for breakfast like 7am in the morning!

Comment

Shallow fried potato cubes
                    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I only like avocado in sweet things such as in my smoothie as it thickens it and gives a creamy flavour (because it's bland it doesn't add any flavour of its own but improves the texture), or there's a vegan dessert in which it tastes good as well.

I'm not convinced by these claims on cereal packets. First of all, the wheat we consume nowadays is not what our grandparents ate. It is sprayed numerous times with glyphosate/round up (weed killer/pesticide) which is a known toxin, in fact a woman who lived near a farm became very sick because the farm was sprayed with glyphosate, she took the manufacturer of glyphosate to court in France and WON.... and we're expected to eat the stuff that this toxic chemical was sprayed all over. It is most likely a contributory factor behind a ton of ill defined 'mystery' illnesses that have erupted in the past 25 years: IBS, allergies, hayfever, ADHD, multiple chemical sensitivity and so on. When my gut problems started, my doctor kept nagging me to eat more fibre so I used to have these bran cereals like all bran and it just made matters worse because I'd developed an intolerance to wheat and most doctors don't admit that food intolerances exist because they don't receive any training on nutrition. You'd be better off eating some free range eggs for breakfast or that sort of thing. If you MUST have wheat then make sure it's at least organic, but also consider trying ancient heritage grains such as spelt, amaranth, jawar (sorghum) and millet (bajra) etc as they tend to be more rich in minerals.

On top of that, these cereals aren't nutritious. They claim to have vitamins but that's cos they add (most likely synthetic) vitamin pills to the cereal it's not cos the cereal itself is nutritious. Glyphosate has been found in cereals such as fruit loops. The cereals don't have much flavour of their own so most of them have a lot of added sugar which is also not good for us. Then some are marketed like health food like special K even though that's almost as packed with sugar as frosties.
                      reality is if we cant trust our own friends and families when it comes to lies,
                      then what do you think these massive coperations who want to make money will do? be honest? nah we shouldnt be so naive

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                        I'm the same, not an avocado fan either but everyone is obsessed, im having dejavu because i think we had this same discussion on another thread a few weeks ago about not liking avocado. Saying that.. there is this place that does nice guac with tortilla chips(along with cheese sauce and this other sauce).
                        i cant get the avocado out nice and neatly really does wind me up lool

Comment

Originally posted by NJ.2020 View Post

yeah I agree
                          Recently bought the curiously cinnamon cereal and it was £3-4 and the actual content in the packet was quite small. Total rip-off that was 😂
                          yea its a proper rip off, i only know because my kids lurve their cereal before school for breakky btw that cereal was it any good?

btw do you guys have cold or lukewarm milk in your cereal?

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

The apple porridge sounds nice, might try it InshaAllaah. Thats okay, a lot of ppl dont have breakfast anyway plus dates have so many benefits and sunnah food too. Love them we used to have mainly in Ramadhaan bt started having more now. Mmm gluten free puri and masala dosa sound good bt i know what u mean, simple/fuss free things are easier all around. Not had quinoa before. InshaaAllaah it will get better(prediabetes) i have a big sweet tooth too. Wa Iyyak
                            im a big porridge fan but only thing i dont like is its gets very boring tbh

Comment

im a big porridge fan but only thing i dont like is its gets very boring tbh
                              I add a spoonfull of peanut butter to my sons porridge sometimes and its quite nice actually even though im not that into porride
                              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by NJ.2020 View Post

yeah I agree
                                Thats smt i dont miss about UK, how expensive things are...

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X