Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did you eat for breakfast?

assalamu alaykum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

im trying to eat more healthy and be a bit more self concious and i need some ideas, so what did you eat for breakfast?

jazakAllah khayran

Walaykum salam wrwb,

I used to have apple porridge for breakfast in winter months- very warming. In the summer, I'd make granola and have it layered with plain greek yogurt, blueberries and chopped banana- it was kinda like a granola sundae and quite nice. As a weekend treat I'd have a few (gluten free) crepes with leftover salan such as chicken or alu keema and then have the last crepe with nutella. Sometimes as a treat I'd have the crepe stuffed with mascarpone or creme fraiche and berries- yum. Another weekend treat I liked was egg and toast type dishes such as soft boiled egg with soldiers (can be made from strips of toast or cooked asparagus), toast and omelette, or before i gave up gluten, we had parathas on the weekends such as paratha with egg or alu paratha or keema paratha.

Then I developed lots of food intolerances so can't eat most of those things anymore, but if you don't have food intolerance issues then you can give them a try cos they were nice. I'm personally against most boxed cereals (except organic oats) cos they have a lot of additives and sugar and I don't believe they are healthy or good for us. Since then I find for breakfast I have to eat the same thing that I'd eat in the evening such as rice and salan. If you're looking for unusual ideas for what to eat then I'd suggest trying shakshouka which you can eat as a breakfast dish with bread or as a lunch dish with jacket potato. Actually masala dosa isn't bad either- as long as you're patient enough to soak the ingredients the day before, it's not difficult to make.

Although it seems to require more effort to prepare, i think a cooked breakfast is better and more wholesome. That could mean simple egg on toast or porridge, or it could mean waffles or paratha with egg or salan. In the hot weather it could mean smoothies, starting the day with veg juicing or something with yogurt or even just tea and muffin. I believe these are better for us than cereals as cereals contain a lot of sugar and only pretend to be healthy. Fatty fried foods such as paratha or poori should only be a weekend treat though. The rest of the week stick to healthier options such as smoothies, oats, egg and toast based dishes and muffins (they're also relatively quick to prepare). Don't buy breakfast bars such as nutrigrain- they are a sugar packed gimmick.

I'd also suggest looking up breakfast dishes in Mediterranean countries as they often serve simple, healthy, refreshing small plates of locally sourced wholesome foods.
    Last edited by neelu; 1 week ago.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I love eggs in all of their forms :) Anyone else the same? Like buttery scrambled egg in a croissant, mmmm. So simple but delicious, Alhamdulillaah
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
        assalamu alaykum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

im trying to eat more healthy and be a bit more self concious and i need some ideas, so what did you eat for breakfast?

jazakAllah khayran
        https://www.instagram.com/reel/COl3t...um=share_sheet

Egg Sausage Mcmuffin

Try that home made

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
          Wa Alaykumussalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I love eggs in all of their forms :) Anyone else the same? Like buttery scrambled egg in a croissant, mmmm. So simple but delicious, Alhamdulillaah
          I really love eggs but can't have them due to food intolerances. If it weren't for my food intolerances, I'd be having breakfasts like: paratha and egg, apple porridge, granola and yogurt with berries (in the summer), toast and omelette, soft boiled egg and soldiers, shakshouka, french toast, pancakes and more. Even a simple fried egg on toast is great as it's ready so quickly. I've never had poached egg though, or quail egg.

Comment

I skip breakfast. Only drink coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

I really love eggs but can't have them due to food intolerances. If it weren't for my food intolerances, I'd be having breakfasts like: paratha and egg, apple porridge, granola and yogurt with berries (in the summer), toast and omelette, soft boiled egg and soldiers, shakshouka, french toast, pancakes and more. Even a simple fried egg on toast is great as it's ready so quickly. I've never had poached egg though, or quail egg.
              Those all sound delicious Mashaa'Allaah, the only ones i havent had are apple porridge(ive had normal porridge) and haven't had berries with granola and yoghurt(ive had the latter). Ive had poached egg outside(not at home) and it was so yummy, Alhamduliaah. Not had quail egg though. I know your food restrictions limit you considerably, what are you able to eat for breakfast Neelu? And may Allaah reward you for your patience and in Jannaah you will beable to eat what you want, Inshaa'Allaah
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
              [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Breakfast is for unsons.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

What do you do with all of the details you collect from us?

Kiddin.

I started making smoothies and making my own cereal bars!

Comment

lol, I had a coffee around an hour after I got up rofl lol

Comment

Yeah they were delicious. For apple porridge what I did was chop up one mini apple (or half a normal size apple- usually cox), stir fry it in half a teaspoon of ghee till it slightly caramelises around the edges, then add maple syrup, oats and oat milk and cook it for a few minutes until the oats have softened (as an optional extra you can add some seeds or dried fruit to this but I tended not to). It smelled amazing and tasted really good.

Since I developed all these intolerances, I generally don't eat breakfast foods. Sometimes I start the day with some tea and a date. As for my first meal of the day, I eat the same stuff I'd normally have for dinner for example rice and salan, chicken and quinoa- that sort of thing. If we could be bothered to make the effort, I'd probably consider having masala dosa for breakfast, or sometimes I think one day we might try one of the gluten free poori recipes on youtube. In the past I would've experimented with such recipes, now I'm not well enough so my dad usually has to do it and I avoid giving him anything too time consuming or difficult to do- partly cos of the disappointment if it doesn't turn out right and partly cos it doesn't seem right to make him do too much at his age. I might ask for it as a birthday treat. For most of my life on my birthday, even after I stopped celebrating, I'd sometimes have a cake or sweet treat, then after going gluten free sometimes dad made gluten free cake or dessert for eid or on my birthday (even when I didn't ask for it). Now I'm prediabetic, I think I shouldn't have a sweet treat but instead this experiment with a new recipe could be my savoury treat inshaAllah.

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

Those all sound delicious Mashaa'Allaah, the only ones i havent had are apple porridge(ive had normal porridge) and haven't had berries with granola and yoghurt(ive had the latter). Ive had poached egg outside(not at home) and it was so yummy, Alhamduliaah. Not had quail egg though. I know your food restrictions limit you considerably, what are you able to eat for breakfast Neelu? And may Allaah reward you for your patience and in Jannaah you will beable to eat what you want, Inshaa'Allaah
                      Ameen JazakAllah khayr

Comment

I eat anything and everything

I had rice yesterday

Today I had yoghurt and a banana Alhamdullilah

A woman's gotta eat

​​​​​​Back in the days when I was a green grasshopper, I used to have porridge, I was a good girl but things changed and now I need that extra time in bed

So I usually miss breakfast and have it around ten or 11 but I have to have it otherwise it will be bye bye i'm landing on the floor time
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

You should eat something that is easy for your digestive system so that it can breakdown in the morning
                          porridge is always a good one

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

my mums come over so it wasnt my breakfast but yesterday evening mum madeermmmm three paratha and six eggs lool

Comment

KitKat

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X