Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthing Grounding

assalamu alaykum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

so i saw this vid below from the deenshow a long time ago and i remembered it and was checking out some more info about the benefits of earthing/grounding,
    so i was wondering when we pray salah do we have to pray on a prayer mat or are we allowed to put our foreheads on the actual earth as long as its clean?

eesa the kiwi Abisali Kiro AmantuBillahi @abumubarak

Amazing Benefits of Prostration in Islam and new science on "Earthing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtTRELXPm3E

this scientific test was interesting to watch too

Earthing: As Powerful As They Say? Let's Test it With Science!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp5h-XWjrcU

interesting stuff subhanAllah

I don't want to give any rulings but if your intention is to prostrate then as far as I know, you can only do sajda al shukr outside of al salah
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
      I don't want to give any rulings but if your intention is to prostrate then as far as I know, you can only do sajda al shukr outside of al salah
      no i mean praying salah itself whether fard, sunnah etc, im just curious is there anything wrong with making sujood on the earth? i assume as long as its clean its okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

no i mean praying salah itself whether fard, sunnah etc, im just curious is there anything wrong with making sujood on the earth? i assume as long as its clean its okay?
        That's what I was referring to. If you're intention is technically to prostrate and maybe not Earthing per say then perhaps not because you can only have the intention to prostrate in shukr and al salah. But if you're intention is to lower your head for earthing then I don't know.
        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro

That's what I was referring to. If you're intention is technically to prostrate and maybe not Earthing per say then perhaps not because you can only have the intention to prostrate in shukr and al salah. But if you're intention is to lower your head for earthing then I don't know.
          Obviously that's not the intention, I'm just saying if someone is outside and it's time to pray so long as the floor as in earth us clean, surely they can do sujood there?

I'm just saying isnt the true benefits of earthimg when you would do salat without a prayer mat?

Comment

Walaykum salam

Yes you can pray on clean ground without a prayer mat. I'm sure there is Islamic scripture that says the whole world is like a place of prostration, so we can pray anywhere as long as it's clean.

Just a few words of warning though. Just be sure the ground you pray on is actually clean. For example, if you're in a park, it might look okay but sometimes there's dog mess. If you're on a street, then sometimes at night, drunk people pee against the walls, so it's just something you need to bear in mind. If you have a back garden or front garden that's kept clean though, then yes you can pray on it directly without a prayer mat.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Correct..

Comment

so i was wondering when we pray salah do we have to pray on a prayer mat or are we allowed to put our foreheads on the actual earth as long as its clean?
                Son please. This is a kind of sad question.

Prayer mats are a later invention. Of course you can and should pray on actual clean earth.

Please son. Please.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  Walaykum salam

Yes you can pray on clean ground without a prayer mat. I'm sure there is Islamic scripture that says the whole world is like a place of prostration, so we can pray anywhere as long as it's clean.

Just a few words of warning though. Just be sure the ground you pray on is actually clean. For example, if you're in a park, it might look okay but sometimes there's dog mess. If you're on a street, then sometimes at night, drunk people pee against the walls, so it's just something you need to bear in mind. If you have a back garden or front garden that's kept clean though, then yes you can pray on it directly without a prayer mat.
                  yea true say

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

Son please. This is a kind of sad question.

Prayer mats are a later invention. Of course you can and should pray on actual clean earth.

Please son. Please.
                    yea thats what i thought and the answer seemed obvious but its best to clarify

i wonder how many if any on the forum have ever done sujood on the earth whether it be grass, sand, concrete etc etc

Comment

The thing about grounding is that it's what our ancestors living in villages back home did for generations. If you think about it, people sat on the floor (or peeris or low stools) more, they didn't have dining tables, they'd lay a cloth or mat on the floor, serve the food on it and everyone would sit around it and eat. It was more common for people to have stoves lower on the ground as well. Grounding was a normal part of everyday life. Even in schools, kids sat on the floor with their books or their takhtis.

yea thats what i thought and the answer seemed obvious but its best to clarify

i wonder how many if any on the forum have ever done sujood on the earth whether it be grass, sand, concrete etc etc
                      I've done it. One time I used to work next to a local moor which was like a park near the river. It was really nice. Anyway one time during the summer at lunchtime, I decided to do zuhr there in my lunchbreak and it was a BIG mistake! The grass had turned to straw in the summer heat so it felt really prickly to do sujood on it. I never tried that again.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                        The thing about grounding is that it's what our ancestors living in villages back home did for generations. If you think about it, people sat on the floor (or peeris or low stools) more, they didn't have dining tables, they'd lay a cloth or mat on the floor, serve the food on it and everyone would sit around it and eat. It was more common for people to have stoves lower on the ground as well. Grounding was a normal part of everyday life. Even in schools, kids sat on the floor with their books or their takhtis.

I've done it. One time I used to work next to a local moor which was like a park near the river. It was really nice. Anyway one time during the summer at lunchtime, I decided to do zuhr there in my lunchbreak and it was a BIG mistake! The grass had turned to straw in the summer heat so it felt really prickly to do sujood on it. I never tried that again.
                        yea youre right and its not a coincidence imo that they lived for so long, maybe all these things added together with not eating a lot and not having all the technology and living a bit more simple life created less mental issues for them too? i dont know im just thinking out allowed tbh

Comment

yea youre right and its not a coincidence imo that they lived for so long, maybe all these things added together with not eating a lot and not having all the technology and living a bit more simple life created less mental issues for them too? i dont know im just thinking out allowed tbh
                          I don't know about previous generations living longer or with fewer mental issues. I guess it depends on whereabouts you are. For example, villagers in Hunza are renowned for living healthy active lives even when they are over 100 years old. Part of the reason is the fresh clean water, simple lifestyle, the healthy local produce and also the clean mountain air. Another thing about living in hills and mountains is if you walk even half a mile to a neighbour's house or to school each day, you're climbing up and down so it's more exercise that kept people naturally fit.

Another thing I've noticed about our elder generations is that Alzheimers didn't exist in the subcontinent before 1985, or at least it was very very rare. No one in our extended family or social circle even knew anyone with the condition, then in the 1990s we first heard of the occasional individual afflicted with it and nowadays everyone knows someone who has it. Begs the question as to what changed in the meantime? I do think mental problems have always existed in society but yeah Alzheimers was unheard of among Asians before then whereas now it's well known.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X