X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

You heard of sanghuru? He's like this famous guru on YouTube he mentioned some interesting thing about how food reacts to the way you be towards it, like he said speaking to it makes it react or something along those lines then I thought about how we say duas like Bismillah etc when drinking and eating etc, quite spiritual when you think about it
    Thanks, I would probably avoid watching someone like that tbh. But yeah one thing i definitely noticed is whenever i say Bismillaah and make a duaa and cook or bake, my family really likes my food. Alhamdulillaah. So much power in duaa and asking of Allaah.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I have been thinking about fried eggs alot

Agree with Neelu about the guru stuff ​​​​​​
    be careful as it can cause waswaas
    ​​​​​​I'd recommend you to read healing body and soul, written by a Muslim author who also includes authentic narrations in relation to food

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    ^I'd highly recommend staying away from mushrikeen channels like "sadguru" and "brahmakumaris". I know they put people at ease with their mild mannered tones and they talk about more broad life issues than religion but they are still preaching towards hellfire and none of us need that in our lives. If you like listening to life coaches or motivational speakers, I'm sure there are better options out there.

As for the thread title, to say you are what you eat is an exaggeration, but yeah, you are influenced by what you eat. Some foods make us sluggish, some make us energised, some are nourishing and some are addictive so these things will affect us physically and emotionally.
    nah i was checking out food and spirituality vids on youtube and came across a few interesting vids of his

jof course shirk is the worst sin and we should stay away from it but ust because he is a non muslim doesnt mean we cant learn from them, some non muslims are very wise like how some muslims are

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    ^I'd highly recommend staying away from mushrikeen channels like "sadguru" and "brahmakumaris". I know they put people at ease with their mild mannered tones and they talk about more broad life issues than religion but they are still preaching towards hellfire and none of us need that in our lives. If you like listening to life coaches or motivational speakers, I'm sure there are better options out there.

As for the thread title, to say you are what you eat is an exaggeration, but yeah, you are influenced by what you eat. Some foods make us sluggish, some make us energised, some are nourishing and some are addictive so these things will affect us physically and emotionally.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake
    Wa Alaykumussalaam
    100% People are so bothered about what they put on the outside i.e skincare haircare and so forth and often we can neglect the most important part.. what we are putting inside our body. Our body is a trust from Allaah. And when i eat badly it definitely affects things. Cutting down on fat, sugar and dairy i think is important. I'm not so sure about meat/chicken etc bit everything in proportion. Eating badly makes you feel tired and imbalances hormones, can worsen some problems including skin related aswell as other stuff. Really looking to change some parts of my lifestyle InshaaAllaah including this. Im just worried.. what if im not consistent or slip back..
    You heard of sanghuru? He's like this famous guru on YouTube he mentioned some interesting thing about how food reacts to the way you be towards it, like he said speaking to it makes it react or something along those lines then I thought about how we say duas like Bismillah etc when drinking and eating etc, quite spiritual when you think about it

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed

Sugar imo is slowly to killin me, I'm so addicted to fizzy drinks and all things sweet again can effect my mood and all

Do meat or other foods effect you?
    Erm meat in decent proportion is fine for me but too much is bad for me. Atm its just this junk food that is making me feel ill.

also weren't layla, you and me suppose to do a challenge to stop drinking fizzy?
    Yea I was haven't had any fizzy today but having an awful day

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah
    Yes, you’re an aloo.
    alright pumpkin lol 🎃🎃🎃

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied
    Yes, you’re an aloo.

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    That would mean Bengalis are fish.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Wa Alaykumussalaam
    100% People are so bothered about what they put on the outside i.e skincare haircare and so forth and often we can neglect the most important part.. what we are putting inside our body. Our body is a trust from Allaah. And when i eat badly it definitely affects things. Cutting down on fat, sugar and dairy i think is important. I'm not so sure about meat/chicken etc bit everything in proportion. Eating badly makes you feel tired and imbalances hormones, can worsen some problems including skin related aswell as other stuff. Really looking to change some parts of my lifestyle InshaaAllaah including this. Im just worried.. what if im not consistent or slip back..

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

Sugar imo is slowly to killin me, I'm so addicted to fizzy drinks and all things sweet again can effect my mood and all

Erm meat in decent proportion is fine for me but too much is bad for me. Atm its just this junk food that is making me feel ill.

also weren't layla, you and me suppose to do a challenge to stop drinking fizzy?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed
    Yes. Sugary stuff drains me out I feel ill. Sugar can kill is true

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Yes. Sugary stuff drains me out I feel ill. Sugar can kill is true

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    started a topic you are what you eat? is it true?

you are what you eat? is it true?

Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu
    Soooo you are what you eat? is it true?

Especially in regards to meat?

Like I've noticed when I go without meat for a few days I get moody and irritable tbh, anyone else like thus too?

jazakAllah khayran

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X