• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are what you eat? is it true?

Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu
    Soooo you are what you eat? is it true?

Especially in regards to meat?

Like I've noticed when I go without meat for a few days I get moody and irritable tbh, anyone else like thus too?

jazakAllah khayran

Yes. Sugary stuff drains me out I feel ill. Sugar can kill is true

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed
      Yes. Sugary stuff drains me out I feel ill. Sugar can kill is true
      Sugar imo is slowly to killin me, I'm so addicted to fizzy drinks and all things sweet again can effect my mood and all

Do meat or other foods effect you?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Sugar imo is slowly to killin me, I'm so addicted to fizzy drinks and all things sweet again can effect my mood and all

Erm meat in decent proportion is fine for me but too much is bad for me. Atm its just this junk food that is making me feel ill.

also weren't layla, you and me suppose to do a challenge to stop drinking fizzy?

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalaam
          100% People are so bothered about what they put on the outside i.e skincare haircare and so forth and often we can neglect the most important part.. what we are putting inside our body. Our body is a trust from Allaah. And when i eat badly it definitely affects things. Cutting down on fat, sugar and dairy i think is important. I'm not so sure about meat/chicken etc bit everything in proportion. Eating badly makes you feel tired and imbalances hormones, can worsen some problems including skin related aswell as other stuff. Really looking to change some parts of my lifestyle InshaaAllaah including this. Im just worried.. what if im not consistent or slip back..
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
          [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

That would mean Bengalis are fish.

Comment

Yes, you’re an aloo.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah
                Yes, you’re an aloo.
                alright pumpkin lol 🎃🎃🎃

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed

Erm meat in decent proportion is fine for me but too much is bad for me. Atm its just this junk food that is making me feel ill.

also weren't layla, you and me suppose to do a challenge to stop drinking fizzy?
                  Yea I was haven't had any fizzy today but having an awful day

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake
                    Wa Alaykumussalaam
                    100% People are so bothered about what they put on the outside i.e skincare haircare and so forth and often we can neglect the most important part.. what we are putting inside our body. Our body is a trust from Allaah. And when i eat badly it definitely affects things. Cutting down on fat, sugar and dairy i think is important. I'm not so sure about meat/chicken etc bit everything in proportion. Eating badly makes you feel tired and imbalances hormones, can worsen some problems including skin related aswell as other stuff. Really looking to change some parts of my lifestyle InshaaAllaah including this. Im just worried.. what if im not consistent or slip back..
                    You heard of sanghuru? He's like this famous guru on YouTube he mentioned some interesting thing about how food reacts to the way you be towards it, like he said speaking to it makes it react or something along those lines then I thought about how we say duas like Bismillah etc when drinking and eating etc, quite spiritual when you think about it

Comment

^I'd highly recommend staying away from mushrikeen channels like "sadguru" and "brahmakumaris". I know they put people at ease with their mild mannered tones and they talk about more broad life issues than religion but they are still preaching towards hellfire and none of us need that in our lives. If you like listening to life coaches or motivational speakers, I'm sure there are better options out there.

As for the thread title, to say you are what you eat is an exaggeration, but yeah, you are influenced by what you eat. Some foods make us sluggish, some make us energised, some are nourishing and some are addictive so these things will affect us physically and emotionally.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                        ^I'd highly recommend staying away from mushrikeen channels like "sadguru" and "brahmakumaris". I know they put people at ease with their mild mannered tones and they talk about more broad life issues than religion but they are still preaching towards hellfire and none of us need that in our lives. If you like listening to life coaches or motivational speakers, I'm sure there are better options out there.

As for the thread title, to say you are what you eat is an exaggeration, but yeah, you are influenced by what you eat. Some foods make us sluggish, some make us energised, some are nourishing and some are addictive so these things will affect us physically and emotionally.
                        nah i was checking out food and spirituality vids on youtube and came across a few interesting vids of his

jof course shirk is the worst sin and we should stay away from it but ust because he is a non muslim doesnt mean we cant learn from them, some non muslims are very wise like how some muslims are

Comment

I have been thinking about fried eggs alot

Agree with Neelu about the guru stuff ​​​​​​
                          be careful as it can cause waswaas
                          ​​​​​​I'd recommend you to read healing body and soul, written by a Muslim author who also includes authentic narrations in relation to food

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

You heard of sanghuru? He's like this famous guru on YouTube he mentioned some interesting thing about how food reacts to the way you be towards it, like he said speaking to it makes it react or something along those lines then I thought about how we say duas like Bismillah etc when drinking and eating etc, quite spiritual when you think about it
                            Thanks, I would probably avoid watching someone like that tbh. But yeah one thing i definitely noticed is whenever i say Bismillaah and make a duaa and cook or bake, my family really likes my food. Alhamdulillaah. So much power in duaa and asking of Allaah.
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              I have been thinking about fried eggs alot

Agree with Neelu about the guru stuff ​​​​​​
                              be careful as it can cause waswaas
                              ​​​​​​I'd recommend you to read healing body and soul, written by a Muslim author who also includes authentic narrations in relation to food

any links to this book?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X