Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions on Coffee? (+alternatives?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

    What do you suggest for mocha/capucchino type of drinkers like me?

    I have it once in a while, I ended having it every day at work as the frappes would sort of make me feel happy and satisfied.

    Simply_logical recommendations were helpful, if is ever decide to buy something it might be the Moka pot
    Moka pot is good if you're going to make cappuccinos or any drink with sugar and milk/cream, because the coffee that comes out is really strong and most of the time will taste like bitter burnt coffee, unless you buy high quality fresh coffee and get all the settings right for the moka (honestly who cares). So you'll get a really strong coffee flavour when you make your drink.

    What I also didn't like about it was how wasteful it seemed, because you put in loads of coffee into the puck but you pretty much only get a bit more than an espresso shot amount out. Espresso machines are kinda like that too, that whole coffee snob world is like that about extravagance. Its a small amount but very concentrated, close to espresso. So what I would do is just refill it with water and make another cup again with the same used coffee grounds two more times, to squeeze all the coffee out of the grounds, but that was also kind of a hassle. What I also don't like is you can only make the amount of coffee that your moka pot is for, so like if you have a 1 cup moka pot, you can only make one at a time, if your parents want also, you're gonna have to do it again and again, if you have a 3 cup moka pot, even if you only want one cup for yourself, you have to make 3 cups worth.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

      why did you stop?
      I started getting chest pains and heart palpitations, not because of the coffee, doctor said it was just anxiety and nervous related and I thought it would be best that I stop drinking coffee for a while because the coffee probably wasn't helping. And when I stopped I realized I didn't crave coffee, I just liked the time I had sipping on a hot drink, I replaced it with hot water, and I liked it the same.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

        I started getting chest pains and heart palpitations, not because of the coffee, doctor said it was just anxiety and nervous related and I thought it would be best that I stop drinking coffee for a while because the coffee probably wasn't helping. And when I stopped I realized I didn't crave coffee, I just liked the time I had sipping on a hot drink, I replaced it with hot water, and I liked it the same.
        what plain hot water? i get bad palpitations and chest pain due to severr anxiety and its awful, feel like youre going to die, not like a panic attack but somewhat similar

        i do like having lukewarm water with black seed oil, honey and cinnamon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

          what plain hot water? i get bad palpitations and chest pain due to severr anxiety and its awful, feel like youre going to die, not like a panic attack but somewhat similar

          i do like having lukewarm water with black seed oil, honey and cinnamon
          Ya I think mine was similar, thought there was something wrong with my heart, family doctor didn't know what it was so sent me to a cardiologist, cardiologist said I was just a nervous boy, and told me to relax, stop coffee, just green tea, don't worry too much about things.

          But ya just plain boiled water, I just keep sipping on it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

            Ya I think mine was similar, thought there was something wrong with my heart, family doctor didn't know what it was so sent me to a cardiologist, cardiologist said I was just a nervous boy, and told me to relax, stop coffee, just green tea, don't worry too much about things.

            But ya just plain boiled water, I just keep sipping on it.
            ive the same sort of thing too, you had a ecg?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

              ive the same sort of thing too, you had a ecg?
              yup, ecg, echocardiogram, renal artery doppler, blood test, everything came out good.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

                Moka pot is good if you're going to make cappuccinos or any drink with sugar and milk/cream, because the coffee that comes out is really strong and most of the time will taste like bitter burnt coffee, unless you buy high quality fresh coffee and get all the settings right for the moka (honestly who cares). So you'll get a really strong coffee flavour when you make your drink.

                What I also didn't like about it was how wasteful it seemed, because you put in loads of coffee into the puck but you pretty much only get a bit more than an espresso shot amount out. Espresso machines are kinda like that too, that whole coffee snob world is like that about extravagance. Its a small amount but very concentrated, close to espresso. So what I would do is just refill it with water and make another cup again with the same used coffee grounds two more times, to squeeze all the coffee out of the grounds, but that was also kind of a hassle. What I also don't like is you can only make the amount of coffee that your moka pot is for, so like if you have a 1 cup moka pot, you can only make one at a time, if your parents want also, you're gonna have to do it again and again, if you have a 3 cup moka pot, even if you only want one cup for yourself, you have to make 3 cups worth.
                Sounds like a lot of work for me
                usually when I want to relax, I prefer to quickly make my tea and sit down

                thanks for explaining it, you sound like a coffee expert

                Simply logical, I saw the blue packet coffee, didn't get it it was one of the last few and I have a thing about but getting the last ones, it looks gross and is usually the most touched lol

                I'm just strange like that



                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                Comment


                • Take a sachet
                  Tear it open
                  ​​​​​Empty it in the cup
                  Turn the powder into a paste by adding a small amount of normal water
                  Pour hot water
                  Instant coffee
                  ​​​​​

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X