opinions on Coffee? (+alternatives?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on Coffee? (+alternatives?)

So the steak thread got me thinking about another thing that I don't like: Coffee. I used to be deep into coffee, none of that instant stuff, I tried looking into different methods, like espresso, cold brew, mocha pot, etc, I used to buy local roasted fresh quality coffee beans. I was drinking coffee like once or twice a day, and tea at night, it was part of my routine. I had already been into coffee for about a year, more or less, and then I started getting heart palpitations and chest pains, doctors said it was just anxiety basically, I don't think the coffee caused it, but it probably made it worse.

So I quit coffee, and also tea, basically anything with caffeine, cold turkey. I realized I never liked coffee, never liked the taste, or the kick, what I liked was the ritual surrounding it, the routine of spending my mornings with a cup before starting work, I didn't have any cravings or withdrawal symptoms. I was fooled by other people telling me that coffee was so good, I invested so much time into trying to find this good coffee, the only way basically is to drown it in sugar and cream. The best tasting (black) coffee I had was these quality Ethiopian coffee beans, and you know what it tasted like? It tasted like a tea, like a light maybe floral tea. You can get a big box of tea bags for less than 5 bucks, compared to this small bag of coffee beans which cost a bit more than 20 bucks.

So don't fall for the coffee meme.

Anyone got any coffee alternatives, preferably without caffeine? I now make this drink called xocolatl, an ancient Aztec drink, where you boil chili to get chili water, and then mix cocoa in the water, basically the OG hot chocolate.

Maybe melt some coffee flavoured choco into hot milk?

Comment

I don't like coffee at all and I have never liked it. I find it way too bitter. I don't even drink tea(fake desi i know) but i will occasionally have it to dip biscuits in, which is addicting so I try not to do it too often. R.e hot chocolates, i will have it once in a blue moon, but the only way I really like it, is actual chocolate(i.e lindt) or any chocolate melted and then milk/cream added to the pot of melted chocolate, and yeah..its so delicious and indulgent Alhamdulillaah. Not very healthy though, so can't be had too often.

And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

I used to drink coffee a lot but I now drink green tea and sometimes lemon tea. I occasionally drink milk tea.

You can go for green tea. It doesn't have much caffeine and very healthy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post
          Maybe melt some coffee flavoured choco into hot milk?

im looking for a hot beverage, not a dessert, lmao. I have to admit though one coffee drink I used to make that I liked was coffee, cocoa powder, and sugar, but I think thats was more so because of the cocoa and sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammed_Abdullah View Post
            I used to drink coffee a lot but I now drink green tea and sometimes lemon tea. I occasionally drink milk tea.

You can go for green tea. It doesn't have much caffeine and very healthy too.
            Ya thats a good one too, I drink it time to time, but doesn't have much taste. I usually just sip on boiled water, and then sometimes green tea especially if my dad makes for himself too. But if I want a drink with some taste I'll make the xocolatl.

Comment

Well done
              stay off the coffee, unless you want to look like old and tired like a panda
              I have it at lunch time when I'm at work, and it's usually mocha frappes/cappuccino frappe

Someone find me a cute panda pic please, getting bored of trunks now

Anyway, I would like to suggest red herbal tea, I don't love it but it sort of helps me with something
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Oh and someone I know suggested I drink cumin water
                YOu boil water and add it to a pinch of cumin, apparently it's sgreat

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I could do with a frappe right now

Must resist though

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                    I could do with a frappe right now

Must resist though
                    Why resist

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Why resist
                      It's doing me damage

Half way through the day (when I'm at work, I don't drink coffee at home) I feel so much fatigue it is unbelievable, so I then give in grab a something with coffee, gives me a little boost but it doesn't last and I end up dragging myself for the rest of the day

My body has changed too much

Comment

I love coffee. Take it black daily.

Comment

I love coffee. Sometimes I tell myself I will quit but then I think why on earth would I do that? I like it and I don’t feel any negative side effects so there really is no point in quitting.

have you had matcha? I don’t always like it but it’s worth a try if you haven’t had it before.

Comment

There are some barley drinks that people have instead of coffee for example Caro.

Comment

Chicory...is like coffee...but better..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X