Steak doneness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

I've got their chicken fillet steak and lamb steak both with rice or chips and mushroom sauce. But were delicious.

Ooo never been there would like to go though lool.
    Nice, i tried both those too and then the sirloin. I also tried the fish too which was really nice and i was pleasantly surprised. I agree, they are all good options and for steak its not expensive(compared to most other places, i tried rump n ribs and ribeye in Manchester and i still preferred Torros)plus there used to be a 20% off deal at Torros 4-6 on weekdays so the desi in me was like discount yes please!lol. Yeah same, i know etci is so hyped but its supposed to be genuinely nice and the other place aswell. Btw the ribs in rump n ribs were amazing, i never thought i liked ribs until i had those.

I think a big appeal for me is its something we've never cooked at home before so the first time I ate steak was outside. Cos usually homeade stuff is nicer but i feel like if i buy a steak to try and cook i'll just mess it up lol and once its overcooked how can u go back from that..
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
    [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

I don't really understand when people say well done is chewy, because when the meat is pink it becomes like chewing gum and hard to swallow.

Honestly I've never really liked steak, I know people will say "oh you just never had good steak". NO. I've ate steak in many places, and even made it myself with differing doneness, its nothing special. I think its just because its a western thing how they lack spices in their cooking so they think that eating meat a little raw adds "flavour" .

Most other cultures don't give a care about doneness, they just cook the meat until its done, and they add spices, make them into curries, make glazes, sauces. Thats why east Asian, South Asian, South American, African, Caribbean, even Middle eastern food takes over the food industry in western societies, because western "food" is just a big bloody slab of meat.
      I don’t really like steak either actually but if I do eat it, it needs to be medium rare, maybe I can work with medium but nothing over that.

Comment

I've tried steak once last Ramadan at a restaurant. I think it was medium rare, not really nice to me but my mum liked it a lot.

Whoever eats raw steak is beyond me..

Have you tried Wagyu beef? It's like super good quality beef that is "marbled" with the fats around it and all - that makes it tastes good.

Never tried that but Wagyu beef is a big thing here - it's been adverstised almost everywhere these days.

Comment

I don't really understand when people say well done is chewy, because when the meat is pink it becomes like chewing gum and hard to swallow.

Honestly I've never really liked steak, I know people will say "oh you just never had good steak". NO. I've ate steak in many places, and even made it myself with differing doneness, its nothing special. I think its just because its a western thing how they lack spices in their cooking so they think that eating meat a little raw adds "flavour" .

Most other cultures don't give a care about doneness, they just cook the meat until its done, and they add spices, make them into curries, make glazes, sauces. Thats why east Asian, South Asian, South American, African, Caribbean, even Middle eastern food takes over the food industry in western societies, because western "food" is just a big bloody slab of meat.
          Now they want to colonise their foods.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

Now they want to colonise their foods.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I want to try the raw or less cooked steak, it looks juicy
              my parents are disgusted that anyone can eat raw meat and here I am secretly wanting it

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I've had steak because the other half likes it - can't say I'm a fan of it though.

Would much rather cook the meat into a nice curry, with all its spices and eat it with chapattis

Comment

+1

Comment

Well done with ketchup.

Comment

...Most other cultures don't give a care about doneness, they just cook the meat until its done...
                      True, I don't care about doneness, I just cook meat until it's done.
                      Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 22-06-21, 10:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Btw one gem that Bradford has(lol not saying they dont have others) is a steak restaurant called 'Cona'. It's genuinely really nice and is upmarket, and fills in a gap for a good quality desi run steak house.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                        [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X