• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I like sirloin steak. For marination, marinate in Olive oil, sea salt, coarse black pepper and then just massage it into the steak. Then crush some garlic with skin on and some rosemary and put it all in a vaccum bag. Then if you’re going to fry it, add lots of olive oil and let it heat and when it starts smoking add the steak with lots of butter and the rosemary and garlic and keep basting the steak

I do like the foreman grill for steaks too

I don’t make steak much anymore as the kids don’t really eat it but that’s how I do mine. I also make a philly cheesteak which is nice too when I have strips of steak.
    Thank you sis, i agree r.e sirloin as that's what I tend to eat when I go out. That marination sounds good will try that Inshaa'Allaah. How do you actually know when its cooked? Without it being undercooked or overcooked and chewy. Would u say that foreman grill is easier to do this? we used to use it many years ago to grill chicken. Do you just eyeball it or use a meat thermometer when doing pan/grill? Love philly cheesesteak, with onions and cheese/ cheese sauce mmmm. What are the little ones favourite food/s?

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I like sirloin steak. For marination, marinate in Olive oil, sea salt, coarse black pepper and then just massage it into the steak. Then crush some garlic with skin on and some rosemary and put it all in a vaccum bag. Then if you’re going to fry it, add lots of olive oil and let it heat and when it starts smoking add the steak with lots of butter and the rosemary and garlic and keep basting the steak

I do like the foreman grill for steaks too

I don’t make steak much anymore as the kids don’t really eat it but that’s how I do mine. I also make a philly cheesteak which is nice too when I have strips of steak.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Was just looking through some of my pics for throwbacks to steak places, prior to Covid. Alhamdulillaah.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by sajid View Post

I tend to watch Youtube Vids for Steak

Used this a while back
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpIYAnt-7k&t=117s

When i make it though usually fill a pan of butter or garlic butter and cook the steak in butter!
    Thanks, I'll have a watch InshaaAllaah. That sounds so good, filling it with butter/garlic butter!I used to eat steaks outside but not been out since Covid. Hope you're doing well Inshaa'Allaah.

Leave a comment:

• sajid
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Does anyone here cook steak? What are some easy way/s to cook steak, so that the steak is soft and succulent on the inside?
    Never tried making it before, i'm worried that it will either be undercooked or overcooked and tough/chewy.
    What cut/s are good? Is marination good? Do you need to trim off anything before starting to cook?
    And something not too complicated in terms of technique/cooking too please(like using a pan and/or oven), i dont have any other fancy equipment lol. I have a food thermometer if that would help? As you can tell I dont have a clue lol, so any tips(or things to avoid)too, are much appreciated :)

JazaakAllaahu khairan in advance :)

Tldr: Steak tips please for a beginner
    I tend to watch Youtube Vids for Steak

Used this a while back
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpIYAnt-7k&t=117s

When i make it though usually fill a pan of butter or garlic butter and cook the steak in butter!

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    started a topic Steak

Steak

Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Does anyone here cook steak? What are some easy way/s to cook steak, so that the steak is soft and succulent on the inside?
    Never tried making it before, i'm worried that it will either be undercooked or overcooked and tough/chewy.
    What cut/s are good? Is marination good? Do you need to trim off anything before starting to cook?
    And something not too complicated in terms of technique/cooking too please(like using a pan and/or oven), i dont have any other fancy equipment lol. I have a food thermometer if that would help? As you can tell I dont have a clue lol, so any tips(or things to avoid)too, are much appreciated :)

JazaakAllaahu khairan in advance :)

Tldr: Steak tips please for a beginner

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X