Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did another 5k today.

it’s my 4th one!

I’ll be honest they are kind of easy now but super boring. Thankfully I have an over active imagination so I usually stay entertained the whole time.

Ive decided to try to do one at least once a week. The are quick and effective on days when I’m not in the mood

Comment

Alhamdulillaah. MaashaaAllah. ^ Allah Ta'aalaa grant barakah

I happened to come across an article on the phone yesterday about the effects of cardio over the years which reminded me...
      I know something that people tend to have trouble with eventually when it comes to running a lot is knee issues... I hope sister is being mindful of that when it comes to footwear and other precautions, inshaa'Allah.

Did just a bunch of core exercises yesterday. Have been slowly increasing the intensity on those, Alhamdulillaah. Have a target to reach with them...

On day 39.
      ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

^ I actually have very bad knees so I decided to only run once a week cause they were hurting a bit last time but I am wearing good shoes and insoles which helps. My joints seem to be very weak. Im basically falling apart. I did arm stuff yesterday and my wrists felt very strained afterwards and throughout. My mom told me that one of my doctors said I could develop osteoporosis eventually. IDK about that but I find working out has made things better.

I'm going to try to do stuff that isn't so straining today while everything else recovers.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
          ^ I actually have very bad knees so I decided to only run once a week cause they were hurting a bit last time but I am wearing good shoes and insoles which helps. My joints seem to be very weak. Im basically falling apart. I did arm stuff yesterday and my wrists felt very strained afterwards and throughout. My mom told me that one of my doctors said I could develop osteoporosis eventually. IDK about that but I find working out has made things better.

I'm going to try to do stuff that isn't so straining today while everything else recovers.

Hmmm....
          Please do be careful, sister.
          Many people do end up needing major repairs to their bodies.

Exercise is fantastic, Alhamdulillaah, for our well-being both physical and mental, but it isn't worth ruining our bodies for in the long-term.

Not so long ago, I was finding myself constantly with aches and pains from it (not the muscle soreness, either) - it really did feel like my body was falling apart. I was walking around with back-pain, dodgy shoulders, elbow pain, pain in the knees, hip pain... Since I cut back on things and started to be more sensible with it, it's been much better, Alhamdulillaah.

(When people start talking about needing hip replacements at age forty something... :| Sounded like it was better to reign things in a bit.)
          Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 23-02-21, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Hmmm....
            Please do be careful, sister.
            Many people do end up needing major repairs to their bodies.

Exercise is fantastic, Alhamdulillaah, for our well-being both physical and mental, but it isn't worth ruining our bodies for in the long-term.

Not so long ago, I was finding myself constantly with aches and pains from it (not the muscle soreness, either) - it really did feel like my body was falling apart. I was walking around with back-pain, dodgy shoulders, elbow pain, pain in the knees, hip pain... Since I cut back on things and started to be more sensible with it, it's been much better, Alhamdulillaah.

(When people start talking about needing hip replacements at age forty something... :| Sounded like it was better to reign things in a bit.)
            Yeah I agree. It's better in moderation.

I used to feel so much guilt for missing a day but that's counterintuitive and makes something that's supposed to be good for you stressful.

I'm honestly really tired today because It was a really long and busy day so I think I'll just go for a walk.

Comment

Day 40 done earlier, Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                Day 40 done earlier, Alhamdulillaah.
                Nice son.

Tableeghi brothers shall be proud.

Comment

On day 42. Alhamdulillaah.
                  I hope I can keep this up.

I feel like the balance is right at the moment, by His Kindness, Alhamdulillaah - with not too much of a negative strain on the body. Even though it's been something every day, it's been other things alongside weights in a much healthier way overall.

And I've found doing some form of exercise everyday is in itself very helpful in keeping the mind refreshed and positive, Alhamdulillaah,

Comment

Day 42 complete. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 44 complete.
                      ​​​​​
                      Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• I have been a bit drained recently so I've been very inconsistent these past few days. Just looking forward to march break to properly get back on track.

Comment

• I cannot even explain how exhausted I am now but I went on a walk and got my 10000 steps and I will at least attempt to do something else even if it is for just 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                            I cannot even explain how exhausted I am now but I went on a walk and got my 10000 steps and I will at least attempt to do something else even if it is for just 10 minutes.
                            Don't over do it.

Comment

• ​​​​​Have some "rest" days too. Your muscles/body needs time to recover.

Comment

• Day 46

Just core exercises yesterday, Alhamdulillaah. Was good. One thing about these is they're now starting to become a lot more challenging than when I'd set out.

Alhamdulillaah, today's session done earlier.
                                Good 45-50 mins only. Not too many different exercises, just simple, heavy as possible, trying to beat the last similar session.

(Allah Ta'aalaa grant us all barakah in our health.)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X