Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    i would lurve to but cant due to my physical issues

humble reminder stay away from yoga my brothers and sisters, its not permissible

Yoga, its origins and the ruling on practising it
    https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1015...-practising-it

Is Yoga permissible in Islam? - Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQG...=assimalhakeem
    Good to see you're still around akhi, barakAllahu feek for the reminder

Comment

• Day 28:
      An hour before iftar
      4 sets of:
      8/7/6/5x reps close grip chinups
      8/7/6/5x reps diamond pushups
      Then 4 sets of blood flow restriction:
      8/7/6/5x reps close grip supinated inverted rows
      8/7/6/5x reps each side assisted one arm pushup

Day 29:
      Got busy with family stuff, had to skip

Inshallah I'll have a good workout today

Comment

• Day 30:
        An hour before iftar
        4 sets of:
        8/7/6/5x reps dips
        8/7/6/5x reps wide grip pullups
        8/7/6/5x reps pike pushups
        8/7/6/5x reps each side weighted lunges

Comment

• Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post
          Day 30:
          An hour before iftar
          4 sets of:
          8/7/6/5x reps dips
          8/7/6/5x reps wide grip pullups
          8/7/6/5x reps pike pushups
          8/7/6/5x reps each side weighted lunges
          Any reason why you workout before iftar? I workout 1 hour after eating iftar, since I have more energy then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amuslim123 View Post

Any reason why you workout before iftar? I workout 1 hour after eating iftar, since I have more energy then.
            Working out in the fasted state burns more fat, and then eating right after a workout stimulates insulin which starts the protein synthesis process (muscle building/recovery). Also I feel it really works the mindset, if you're working out when you're most tired and have the least energy, you're less likely to give up if you're in a situation where you have the energy but might find what you're doing hard, I think this translates outside of exercising too.

Then also usually after I eat I feel tired, and also theres less time after iftar because theres iftar/maghrib and then isha/taraweeh, and you also gotta sleep and wake up for suhoor/fajr, and all between that time you have to eat to make sure you're getting your nutrition requirements, so if I try to squeeze a workout in there it gets really tight for time.

Comment

• Day 31:
              Body was too sore, decided to take the day off

Inshallah will do a good workout today, and even start heavy bag training again.

Comment

• Day 32:
                Had to help family with something, had to skip

Inshallah will do a workout today

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. MaashaaAllah. Well done to you people keeping up through Ramadhan. It's not happened this year for me, for some reason, first time in a long time. Just getting in a few mostly bodyweight workouts here and there when able.

Normally I'd be doing half an hour before suhoor every day... This year, there just doesn't seem to be time... Getting up much earlier for work... Trying to recite as much Qur'an as possible at other times as well... Very little sleep, but Alhamdulillaah, it's been a good Ramadhan so far it seems.

May Allah Ta'aalaa accept from all of us.

​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Day 33:
                    An hour before iftar
                    4 sets of:
                    8/7/6/5x reps close grip chinups
                    8/7/6/5x reps weighted pushups
                    8/7/6/5x reps supinated close grip inverted rows
                    8/7/6/5x reps bodyweight skullcrushers

Day 34:
                    skipped

Day 35:
                    An hour before iftar
                    4 sets of:
                    8/7/6/5x reps weighted pushups
                    8/7/6/5x reps each side weighted side squat
                    8/7/6/5x reps decline pushups
                    8/7/6/5x reps weighted hip thrusts

Day 36-37:
                    skipped

I'm beginning to see that I'm not making much progress with my training, and am also losing quite a bit of muscle, don't think its worth it. I think I'm just gonna skip these last days of Ramadan, also because my school is starting too, and schedule will be hectic. Will start up against strong after Ramadan Inshallah.

Comment

• (I don’t work out, but brs are very much in to working out :]

I would like to start going for runs soon though. Also would love to swim if I had my own pool, but I cannot be swimming in shared pools. Nasty :]

So no work out for me).

Comment

• I have not been very good for the past few days because of my ear. I'll pick it back up after Ramadan.

My sister and I are planning on joining the woman's gym beside our house this summer to have something to do so that will be fun.

Comment

• I haven't posted here since Ramadan, I have been working out since Eid, its just that I'm so busy now with school that I can't be bothered to come on here everyday and log my workouts.

Comment

• Starting again... This Ramadhan was probably the most exercise-light one in years and years.

Have been inconsistent so inshaa'Allah will be back to doing this.

Day 1 completed yesterday. A short-ish weights session to get back into the swing of things.

Comment

• Day 3 completed. Alhamdulillaah.
                              Feels good to be back on this.

Comment

• I'm on this too. Day 4. But I'm doing 30 day challenge.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X