Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 5 complete

Comment

• Well I know I said that my feet weren't hurting afterwards but I take it back now. Absolutely no more jumping jacks for me EVER!

My feet hurt. My ankles are swollen all the way up to my calfs. I couldn't sleep all night from the pain. For real I woke up every hour.

I wore my good shoes and insoles because I knew that without them this would happen but apparently it will happen anyway. I think I need to let them heal for a few days.

The struggles of trying to be fit while having flat feet

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
        Day 5 complete
        "keep it up, brother!"

:p

Alhamdulillaah...

​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
          Well I know I said that my feet weren't hurting afterwards but I take it back now. Absolutely no more jumping jacks for me EVER!

My feet hurt. My ankles are swollen all the way up to my calfs. I couldn't sleep all night from the pain. For real I woke up every hour.

I wore my good shoes and insoles because I knew that without them this would happen but apparently it will happen anyway. I think I need to let them heal for a few days.

The struggles of trying to be fit while having flat feet
          I squeezed in a workout yesterday and the joint area around the upper thighs were still shot... I was thinking to myself yesterday, 'I hope they're both not feeling it now '.... With what sister mentioned about pain and injury in one of the posts above I had a bad feeling about it. That does not sound good at all.

​​​(Allah Ta'aalaa grant a quick recovery.)

I was actually telling myself as well that unlike myself the sisters are both probably pretty seasoned when it comes to this type of cardio and aerobics, etc so they should be fine... Hopefully Sr Indefinable has recovered without issue from it.

Comment

• In sha Allah

I will not become lazy and quit

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

I squeezed in a workout yesterday and the joint area around the upper thighs were still shot... I was thinking to myself yesterday, 'I hope they're both not feeling it now '.... With what sister mentioned about pain and injury in one of the posts above I had a bad feeling about it. That does not sound good at all.

I was actually telling myself as well that unlike myself the sisters are both probably pretty seasoned when it comes to this type of cardio and aerobics, etc so they should be fine... Hopefully Sr Indefinable has recovered without issue from it.
              It was the jumping jacks that did it for me. Everything else was fine. I suspected that this could happen but I thought that if I took the necessary precautions then it would be alright. Apparently not. I can’t do any type of jumping at all.

I still forced myself to walk today despite the pain and how tired I am πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I know that was probably not a smart choice but that’s all I’m going to do now. I just don’t like sitting around.

it was still a good workout though indefinable. It was my own fault that I feel this way now. I’ll just replace the jumping with something more manageable for me and I know I’ll be alright.

Comment

(Br Kiro
                Br Faith reloaded 2
                Br Mufti Cheesecake
                ​​​​​​​Br Stoic Believer

Feel free to log your training and what not on here, inshaa'Allah... )

​​​​​​

I'm taking the week off cuz its exam week for me, but Inshallah will do after.

Comment

• Day 6 complete

Comment

• Day 60 I think. Alhamdulillaah. Completed in the morning.

Comment

I completed 1000 reps in 23 minutes, as part of my session. I didn't even notice that part of the work out. Then the trainer added 5kg dumbbells so 10kg altogether whilst doing another 1000.

It was very difficult and took 40 minutes to complete.

This session was completed after I had been on a 60 minute walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

I completed 1000 reps in 23 minutes, as part of my session. I didn't even notice that part of the work out. Then the trainer added 5kg dumbbells so 10kg altogether whilst doing another 1000.

It was very difficult and took 40 minutes to complete.

This session was completed after I had been on a 60 minute walk.

This was today?

MaashaaAllah. Allah Ta'aalaa grant barakah.
                        Is this trainer doing any of this herself or does she just enjoy watching other people suffer?

Comment

This was today?

MaashaaAllah. Allah Ta'aalaa grant barakah.
                          Is this trainer doing any of this herself or does she just enjoy watching other people suffer?
                          Yes, today.

She watches/times/counts everything. Doesn't actually do it herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Yes, today.

She watches/times/counts everything. Doesn't actually do it herself.
                            I have to admit sister, a one hour walk then two circuits of that - the second weighted... It's a bit crazy but Alhamdulillaah, fair play.

I'd probably give it a another go in a couple of days inshaa'Allah and try to build on it somehow, but these types of workouts as useful as they are, I can't really get that excited about them the way I probably should.

I thought maybe we could all have some sort of good-natured competition and push ourselves that way, but I don't think I'm trying a one-hour walk into 2 full circuits (one weighted) like that any time soon(!).

Comment

• I don't mind a light challenge during Ramadan - will have to be completed after Tarawih though In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. Day 61 complete earlier.

​​​​​​-------------
                                Sr aelmo - hopefully no issues from the previous swelling and on the mend?

Sr Indefinable - Not sure about through Ramadhan for me... Will probably continue with what I'm doing the best I can...

​​​​​​​Br Faith reloaded 2 - Keeping up I hope, brother. πŸ’ͺ. Just squeeze in some sort of workout on those days you might not be feeling up to it... Will keep the momentum going, inshaa'Allah.

​​​​​​​Br Kiro - Please remain awakened Kiro San!
                                ​​​​​​
                                Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 23-03-21, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X