X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Day Daily Workout Challenge

Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.

Alhamdulillaah.

Our health is one of the greatest blessings from our Creator. The body we've been given should be looked after and not abused. We all know of the benefits - physical, mental, emotional, (even) spiritual, Alhamdulillaah - associated with exercise so there's not too much need to go into it.

(Nonetheless... Just the first few alone of these should be reason enough, inshaa'Allah

https://www.google.com/search?q=bene...h=652&dpr=2.63 )

This thread is to encourage us all to make exercise a part of our daily routine.

I'll be trying to complete 40 consecutive days of exercise, inshaa'Allah, and logging myself on here and I encourage us all to also do the same. We don't need to go into too much detail with what we're doing if we don't want to, and since it's a mixed forum, it would be good to keep things simple when it comes to different details.
    ​​​​​

WHAT QUALIFIES AS EXERCISE HERE...?

That's up to us each to decide.
    The idea is to do some form of exercise, relevant to our current state, every day.

It could be an hour of weights, a cardio session, 30 minutes of body weight exercises, a jog, a walk, a ten-minute morning routine, 50 squats every day, yoga, stretching, etc, etc. Whatever you want that gets you physically exerting yourself but not counting something you'd be doing anyway. Eg. Climbing the stairs, housework, the walk as part of a commute or to the shops, etc.

FOR HOW LONG...?

Again, up to you. You'd know, though, what's enough for you.
    For some of us, 5 minutes of brisk walking would be a great starting point. For others, maybe not so much.

Again. The idea is to make it a DAILY PART of our lives inshaa'Allah, and to experience the many varied benefits that Allah Ta'aalaa has placed in it.

​​​​​​LASTLY, as with other things we do, just a reminder that this can and does become 'ibaadah with the correct intention, inshaa'Allah.

Allah Ta'aalaa grant us all tawfeeq.

(Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullah.)
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 03-01-21, 10:56 AM.
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

That sounds good but 40 days of consecutive exercise isn't always good for your body. I just want people to know that, especially when you first start excising and even when you are more into it, you need to take active rest days so that your body can recover.

I have already been doing this for the past few days but I'm taking an active rest day today because I am in a lot of pain from what I did the last few days. I might change my mind and work on something that doesn't hurt but the plan for now is to just get my regular 10000 steps.

Comment

https://sunnah.com/urn/1274570

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
        That sounds good but 40 days of consecutive exercise isn't always good for your body. I just want people to know that, especially when you first start excising and even when you are more into it, you need to take active rest days so that your body can recover.

I have already been doing this for the past few days but I'm taking an active rest day today because I am in a lot of pain from what I did the last few days. I might change my mind and work on something that doesn't hurt but the plan for now is to just get my regular 10000 steps.

​​​​​​Yes. Thanks for highlighting that, sister.
        I didn't mention this but assumed it would be understood when I mentioned the different types of exercises (Walks, stretching, yoga, etc) and different states we might be in.

Active rest days as sister has mentioned. Days for light forms of exercise interspersed throughout that period.

​​​​

Comment

Easy.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	s__2359827383416442991.png
Views:	530
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	12751636

Comment

i would lurve to but cant due to my physical issues

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

​​​​​​Yes. Thanks for highlighting that, sister.
            I didn't mention this but assumed it would be understood when I mentioned the different types of exercises (Walks, stretching, yoga, etc) and different states we might be in.

Active rest days as sister has mentioned. Days for light forms of exercise interspersed throughout that period.

​​​​
            humble reminder stay away from yoga my brothers and sisters, its not permissible

Yoga, its origins and the ruling on practising it
            https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1015...-practising-it

Is Yoga permissible in Islam? - Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQG...=assimalhakeem

Comment

working out is for the weak.
              NO RACISM

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                i would lurve to but cant due to my physical issues

humble reminder stay away from yoga my brothers and sisters, its not permissible

Yoga, its origins and the ruling on practising it
                https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1015...-practising-it

Is Yoga permissible in Islam? - Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQG...=assimalhakeem
                Thank you, brother. Very important.

I should have been more careful. I can't edit it out now, it seems.

I've never practiced it but I had in mind forms of stretching for flexibility, posture correction, helping with muscle imbalances.

So it's those things I mean.

NO YOGA. KEEP AWAY PLEASE, PEOPLE!

Comment

Alhamdulillaah. Day 1 complete.

Not a day for heavy exercise since still recovering but managed to get in a good short session for something I hadn't done in s while. Felt good after so long, going back to it. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

Day 2 complete Alhamdulillaah

(Been feverish all week so was a bit of an effort. )

Comment

Day 2 complete Alhamdulillaah

(Been feverish all week so was a bit of an effort. )
                      Any covid symptoms at all?
                      ​​​​​​Or you reckon more if a flu/cold?

Comment

Any covid symptoms at all?
                        ​​​​​​Or you reckon more if a flu/cold?
                        No covid symptoms. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

Day 3 complete, Alhamdulillaah.

Not really in a condition for a proper, heavy duty session.
                          just sticking with something light for now.

​​​​

Comment

No covid symptoms. Alhamdulillaah.
                            Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek may Allah SWT protect you and give you Shifa Ameen

Comment

Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek may Allah SWT protect you and give you Shifa Ameen
                              Ameen wa iyyaak. Thank you brother.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X