Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camel Meat & Camel Milk In The UK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Camel Meat & Camel Milk In The UK?

    salaams peeps, is it possible to get camel meat & camel milk in the uk? if so, where?

    if youve had camel meat and camel milk, can you please describe what its like?

    aelmo do you have it because of where in the world you are?

    ABDEL-ATHEEM you mention the Egyptian food in your posts, have you tried camel meat or milk?

    sajid muzzybee you ever tried it? i really want to try them out in sha Allah

  • #2
    I have had this exact conversation recently

    I've had camel in Egypt before. However I'm not good at describing or distinguishing between different meats but all I can say is that it tasted good.

    Im sure i've had camel milk before. You can get it anywhere here. I specifically remember this time when I was in the milk section of carrefour and this guy who was clearly a tourist was like "do you know where the camel milk is?" and I was like "its the one with the camel on it" lol. that's all I remember about camel milk.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by aelmo;n12746688[B
      ]I have had this exact conversation recently [/B]

      I've had camel in Egypt before. However I'm not good at describing or distinguishing between different meats but all I can say is that it tasted good.

      Im sure i've had camel milk before. You can get it anywhere here. I specifically remember this time when I was in the milk section of carrefour and this guy who was clearly a tourist was like "do you know where the camel milk is?" and I was like "its the one with the camel on it" lol. that's all I remember about camel milk.
      you see kiddo i can read minds, hence the thread loool

      naah jokes aside please can you at least try to describe it? is it chewy like beef or in between like lamb or like liver or chicken etc etc?

      come on man ive been wanting to try it for years, you dont know how lucky you are...

      i really wanted it when i went for umrah but didnt get a chance to have it but i remember some of the brothers went to have a camel burger or something like that but i declined because i was so exhausted, you know me being an old man and all

      lol @ the one with camel on it, like duuuuuuh lool

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
        salaams peeps, is it possible to get camel meat & camel milk in the uk? if so, where?

        if youve had camel meat and camel milk, can you please describe what its like?

        aelmo do you have it because of where in the world you are?

        ABDEL-ATHEEM you mention the Egyptian food in your posts, have you tried camel meat or milk?

        sajid muzzybee you ever tried it? i really want to try them out in sha Allah
        Waalaikumussalam
        I tried the milk bro once
        You can but it in Arab shops or supermarket.

        As for meat, I seen they advertiswd for summer a kilo 20 pounds. Not sure in winter though


        Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

          Waalaikumussalam
          I tried the milk bro once
          You can but it in Arab shops or supermarket.

          As for meat, I seen they advertiswd for summer a kilo 20 pounds. Not sure in winter though

          whats the milk like?

          my bro in law told me he had it when he went hajj, i was like what did it taste like and hes like foooood its all the same loool

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

            whats the milk like?

            my bro in law told me he had it when he went hajj, i was like what did it taste like and hes like foooood its all the same loool
            It's white



            It a on the thick side a little I think.
            But yah very much same like others.
            Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

              It's white



              It a on the thick side a little I think.
              But yah very much same like others.
              i know its white you plonkeeeer loool

              whats wrong with you bro? you trolled me on the other thread about eating banana leaf now youre saying milk is white lmaooo

              yea so is it thicker then raw cows milk would you say?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                i know its white you plonkeeeer loool

                whats wrong with you bro? you trolled me on the other thread about eating banana leaf now youre saying milk is white lmaooo

                yea so is it thicker then raw cows milk would you say?


                I realy wish I was trolling you on the other one

                Yea, its thicker, and I found the cow tastier.
                Didn't try heating the camel milk just drank raw.


                ​​​
                Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

                Comment


                • #9
                  My dad said the camel meat is slightly chewier than chicken but similar in taste. I think he said the milk is a little salty
                  i haven't tried it because the year I went saudi, camel meat was not being sold due to an outbreak.

                  ​​​​​​



                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                  So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by muzzybee View Post



                    I realy wish I was trolling you on the other one

                    Yea, its thicker, and I found the cow tastier.
                    Didn't try heating the camel milk just drank raw.


                    ​​​
                    lool

                    in sha Allah ill find somewhere in the midlands and try it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      My dad said the camel meat is slightly chewier than chicken but similar in taste. I think he said the milk is a little salty
                      i haven't tried it because the year I went saudi, camel meat was not being sold due to an outbreak.

                      ​​​​​​


                      kewl, so must be tasty juicy and a bit chewy from the sounds of what you said...

                      hmmmm salty milk? not sure how that will taste

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                        kewl, so must be tasty juicy and a bit chewy from the sounds of what you said...

                        hmmmm salty milk? not sure how that will taste
                        I'll ask my dad again, he had it when he went umrah the first time and his friends live in Saudi so it was prepared at their house I think

                        If I ever try it, I would like to try it abroad- fresh, not the stuff that gets imported

                        I love camels, I got to ride one when I went Abu Dhabi, so fun

                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                          lool

                          in sha Allah ill find somewhere in the midlands and try it
                          The screenshot is from Asda. Why don't you just go to the supermarket and try it out instead of acting like a baby?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Shame they don't do it in Asda around here because I won't be going abroad any time soon
                            has anyone tried fresh camel milk

                            ​​​

                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Camel milk can be found in most of the big international supermarkets. Ive also seen some in the islamic shops. I haven't come across camel meat in the UK but if anyone ever manages to find some to cook, the best way to prepare it is to cook it in butter with S&P and dip it in mayo!
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X