Camel Meat & Camel Milk In The UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camel Meat & Camel Milk In The UK?

salaams peeps, is it possible to get camel meat & camel milk in the uk? if so, where?

if youve had camel meat and camel milk, can you please describe what its like?

aelmo do you have it because of where in the world you are?

ABDEL-ATHEEM you mention the Egyptian food in your posts, have you tried camel meat or milk?

sajid muzzybee you ever tried it? i really want to try them out in sha Allah

I have had this exact conversation recently

I've had camel in Egypt before. However I'm not good at describing or distinguishing between different meats but all I can say is that it tasted good.

Im sure i've had camel milk before. You can get it anywhere here. I specifically remember this time when I was in the milk section of carrefour and this guy who was clearly a tourist was like "do you know where the camel milk is?" and I was like "its the one with the camel on it" lol. that's all I remember about camel milk.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo;n12746688[B
      ]I have had this exact conversation recently [/B]

I've had camel in Egypt before. However I'm not good at describing or distinguishing between different meats but all I can say is that it tasted good.

Im sure i've had camel milk before. You can get it anywhere here. I specifically remember this time when I was in the milk section of carrefour and this guy who was clearly a tourist was like "do you know where the camel milk is?" and I was like "its the one with the camel on it" lol. that's all I remember about camel milk.
      you see kiddo i can read minds, hence the thread loool

naah jokes aside please can you at least try to describe it? is it chewy like beef or in between like lamb or like liver or chicken etc etc?

come on man ive been wanting to try it for years, you dont know how lucky you are...

i really wanted it when i went for umrah but didnt get a chance to have it but i remember some of the brothers went to have a camel burger or something like that but i declined because i was so exhausted, you know me being an old man and all

lol @ the one with camel on it, like duuuuuuh lool

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
        salaams peeps, is it possible to get camel meat & camel milk in the uk? if so, where?

if youve had camel meat and camel milk, can you please describe what its like?

aelmo do you have it because of where in the world you are?

ABDEL-ATHEEM you mention the Egyptian food in your posts, have you tried camel meat or milk?

sajid muzzybee you ever tried it? i really want to try them out in sha Allah
        Waalaikumussalam
        I tried the milk bro once
        You can but it in Arab shops or supermarket.

As for meat, I seen they advertiswd for summer a kilo 20 pounds. Not sure in winter though

Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

Waalaikumussalam
          I tried the milk bro once
          You can but it in Arab shops or supermarket.

As for meat, I seen they advertiswd for summer a kilo 20 pounds. Not sure in winter though

whats the milk like?

my bro in law told me he had it when he went hajj, i was like what did it taste like and hes like foooood its all the same loool

Comment

whats the milk like?

my bro in law told me he had it when he went hajj, i was like what did it taste like and hes like foooood its all the same loool
            It's white

It a on the thick side a little I think.
            But yah very much same like others.

Comment

It's white

It a on the thick side a little I think.
              But yah very much same like others.
              i know its white you plonkeeeer loool

whats wrong with you bro? you trolled me on the other thread about eating banana leaf now youre saying milk is white lmaooo

yea so is it thicker then raw cows milk would you say?

Comment

i know its white you plonkeeeer loool

whats wrong with you bro? you trolled me on the other thread about eating banana leaf now youre saying milk is white lmaooo

yea so is it thicker then raw cows milk would you say?

I realy wish I was trolling you on the other one

Yea, its thicker, and I found the cow tastier.
                Didn't try heating the camel milk just drank raw.

​​​

Comment

My dad said the camel meat is slightly chewier than chicken but similar in taste. I think he said the milk is a little salty
                  i haven't tried it because the year I went saudi, camel meat was not being sold due to an outbreak.

​​​​​​

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I realy wish I was trolling you on the other one

Yea, its thicker, and I found the cow tastier.
                    Didn't try heating the camel milk just drank raw.

​​​
                    lool

in sha Allah ill find somewhere in the midlands and try it

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      My dad said the camel meat is slightly chewier than chicken but similar in taste. I think he said the milk is a little salty
                      i haven't tried it because the year I went saudi, camel meat was not being sold due to an outbreak.

​​​​​​

kewl, so must be tasty juicy and a bit chewy from the sounds of what you said...

hmmmm salty milk? not sure how that will taste

Comment

kewl, so must be tasty juicy and a bit chewy from the sounds of what you said...

hmmmm salty milk? not sure how that will taste
                        I'll ask my dad again, he had it when he went umrah the first time and his friends live in Saudi so it was prepared at their house I think

If I ever try it, I would like to try it abroad- fresh, not the stuff that gets imported

I love camels, I got to ride one when I went Abu Dhabi, so fun

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

lool

in sha Allah ill find somewhere in the midlands and try it
                          The screenshot is from Asda. Why don't you just go to the supermarket and try it out instead of acting like a baby?

Comment

Shame they don't do it in Asda around here because I won't be going abroad any time soon
                            has anyone tried fresh camel milk

​​​

Comment

Camel milk can be found in most of the big international supermarkets. Ive also seen some in the islamic shops. I haven't come across camel meat in the UK but if anyone ever manages to find some to cook, the best way to prepare it is to cook it in butter with S&P and dip it in mayo!
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X