X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

A good substitute for Mac and cheese is creamy chicken pasta. It gives that comfort feeling of Mac and cheese, but isn't as heavy and is tastier.
    Great idea. Thanks I will try to use the rest of the pasta for this insha Allah.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I'm not so sure...if you are only having one main meal a day you want it to be edible. I know it's the thought that counts but it don't cut it when you are hungry.
    haha

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I don't really find recipes that need jars. I don't think many even look for that level of cooking these days. But as long as someone is prepared to cook for their family thats what matters for most.
    I'm not so sure...if you are only having one main meal a day you want it to be edible. I know it's the thought that counts but it don't cut it when you are hungry.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Is that directed at me? LOL. FYI I can actually cook. When I need to work full-time and rustle up something quick for after school, the jar comes out.

And not knowing how to cook is not an indication of laziness at all. Many people get married young and dont know how to cook, but learn pretty quickly. Not everyone has parents that teach their daughters to cook from a young age and does not mean that the person will be lacking in other areas at all :o
    Relax Betty, it was not aimed at you.

One can be self taught. My brother and I would cook when I was about 14 and we did it without YT.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Overall the mac and cheese was good. It turned out how it was supposed to. But no one really likes mac and cheese. I have never been crazy about mac and cheese but actually find i like. So i liked the dish. It was a but too creamy and cheesy for me (that was what the youtube tuturial said it was going to be like), so if i could make a 'waterier' but not too cheesy version i would definitely be be a fan.

i want to try pesto pasta soon insha Allah.
    A good substitute for Mac and cheese is creamy chicken pasta. It gives that comfort feeling of Mac and cheese, but isn't as heavy and is tastier.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

Sure, sure but when you become an adult, an adult that is perhaps looking to get married and can't really cook because of lack of dedication or otherwise it kind of sends out a message to a potential. If there is a lack of dedication to something so basic what other areas are/will be lacking? This is about more that mere cooking.

Weird how a lot of the cooking that we like centres around basically opening a jar and pouring it's content into a pan and applying heat. In short it's an indication of laziness.

Not aimed at you this is a general observation.
    Is that directed at me? LOL. FYI I can actually cook. When I need to work full-time and rustle up something quick for after school, the jar comes out.

And not knowing how to cook is not an indication of laziness at all. Many people get married young and dont know how to cook, but learn pretty quickly. Not everyone has parents that teach their daughters to cook from a young age and does not mean that the person will be lacking in other areas at all :o

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Maybe you can try zoodles or spaghetti squashes. They are much easier on the stomach.
    I've never heard of these before, i had to look them up. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied

Sure, sure but when you become an adult, an adult that is perhaps looking to get married and can't really cook because of lack of dedication or otherwise it kind of sends out a message to a potential. If there is a lack of dedication to something so basic what other areas are/will be lacking? This is about more that mere cooking.

Weird how a lot of the cooking that we like centres around basically opening a jar and pouring it's content into a pan and applying heat. In short it's an indication of laziness.

I don't really find recipes that need jars. I don't think many even look for that level of cooking these days. But as long as someone is prepared to cook for their family thats what matters for most.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

It sounds healthy. This was the first time i made macaroni and cheese. Lemon and chilli flakes sounds a good/fresh combination. I do want to learn to make foods that are light on the stomach.
    Maybe you can try zoodles or spaghetti squashes. They are much easier on the stomach.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

I follow recipes online, i once made a nice curry from online its just i/we probably prefer making foods we like. Its a matter of dedication not ability.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

I haven't. I once got frozen pasta, but once it melts down the water can give frozen food a horrible taste. Maybe i need to learn how to deal with frozen food. But i don't think i'd like ready made mac and cheese it would probably be plain.
    They're pretty cheap so try getting one from Iceland or somewhere just to try it out in sha Allah

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Overall the mac and cheese was good. It turned out how it was supposed to. But no one really likes mac and cheese. I have never been crazy about mac and cheese but actually find i like. So i liked the dish. It was a but too creamy and cheesy for me (that was what the youtube tuturial said it was going to be like), so if i could make a 'waterier' but not too cheesy version i would definitely be be a fan.

i want to try pesto pasta soon insha Allah.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    I don't think I've ever made macaroni and cheese before.

There is this one pasta dish that I got from this vegan YouTuber that is probably the easiest thing to make if you are in a hurry that's kind of like my substitute for Mac and cheese.

Its basically pasta and hummus as the sauce with nutritional yeast, some lemon and chili flakes.

I know it's very boring but its yummy and fast.
    It sounds healthy. This was the first time i made macaroni and cheese. Lemon and chilli flakes sounds a good/fresh combination. I do want to learn to make foods that are light on the stomach.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    This is one of the few things i can cook lol and Alhamdulillaah turns out well.(Sorry i'm fitting the stereotype :/ i am going to learn how to cook Insha'Allah properly.I have no excuse lol i work full time and food is always made already by the time i've finished week.So i need to practise on weekends).I boil the pasta,cook an onion and then make the white sauce with flour,butter and milk and add then add the cheese.Simple but so much better than from outside.Oh and lots of seasonings/spices too to the sauce whatever tickles your fancy.This takes it from okay to delish.I add salt and pepper,garlic(/garlic granules),paprika,a dash of mustard,reds hot chilli sauce(its not actually hot at all but a few spoons of this adds a really nice flavour).So yeah thats my masterpiece lol.Alhamdulillaah
    Sounds good masha Allah. It's good to have one staple dish you can cook and know is good. I want to learn how to cook too. Thanks for the spices ideas.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

i get the shop ones where you just pop it into the microwave for like 7 mins, you not tried them? theyre not great but not bad too
    I haven't. I once got frozen pasta, but once it melts down the water can give frozen food a horrible taste. Maybe i need to learn how to deal with frozen food. But i don't think i'd like ready made mac and cheese it would probably be plain.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X