Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macaroni and cheese

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Macaroni and cheese

    I saw a recipe on youtube on how to make macaroni and cheese. Pakistani style. And am wondering how do you all make it?
    i am probably going to copy that recipe but want to know if anyone has an suggestions on how to make it more suitable

  • #2
    I boil macaroni, season with salt.... make a basic white sauce - season salt pepper, pour that over, then top generously with cheese (mild cheddar and parmesan) and bell peppers and tomato slices, a sprinkle of oregano and bake! You cold omit the peppers and tomatoes and sprinkle breadcrumbs generously... yummy...

    Comment


    • #3
      you can add in alfredo sauce or heavy whipping cream to make it tasty but don't forget to eat in small amounts!

      Comment


      • #4
        I heard of adding in hot dogs chopped up. Sounds more appealing than it really is lol. You can also try adding in left over burger meat.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
          I boil macaroni, season with salt.... make a basic white sauce - season salt pepper, pour that over, then top generously with cheese (mild cheddar and parmesan) and bell peppers and tomato slices, a sprinkle of oregano and bake! You cold omit the peppers and tomatoes and sprinkle breadcrumbs generously... yummy...
          Oregano and breadcrumbs sounds good. The recipe i found uses paprika. I probably won't add bell peppers/tomatoes yet as i need to be on the safe side for now lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ameera_ali View Post
            you can add in alfredo sauce or heavy whipping cream to make it tasty but don't forget to eat in small amounts!
            Thanks for the ideas

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

              Oregano and breadcrumbs sounds good. The recipe i found uses paprika. I probably won't add bell peppers/tomatoes yet as i need to be on the safe side for now lol
              Let us know how you've made it and how it turned out :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Yummmmmm Mac and cheese!

                Bring cream cheese & double cream to a gentle simmer, do not boil

                In a pan sauté onions and garlic in butter for a couple of minutes then add flour and cook till it turns blondish.

                Add in your cream cheese mixture, add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add lots and lots of cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack) then add your pasta

                in a dish layer some of your mixture, sprinkle cheese on top, add the remainder of your mixture, add breadcrumbs and top with cheese and bake
                Found this recipe online and it’s a keeper it’s yum
                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mac and cheese...oh how we have fallen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                    Yummmmmm Mac and cheese!

                    Bring cream cheese & double cream to a gentle simmer, do not boil

                    In a pan sauté onions and garlic in butter for a couple of minutes then add flour and cook till it turns blondish.

                    Add in your cream cheese mixture, add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add lots and lots of cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack) then add your pasta

                    in a dish layer some of your mixture, sprinkle cheese on top, add the remainder of your mixture, add breadcrumbs and top with cheese and bake
                    Found this recipe online and it’s a keeper it’s yum
                    Jazak Allah khair
                    i am sticking to my recipe just because i feel like i can't function without the plan atm lol. But i will defo look at your recipe once i've managed to make it once and feel confident enough to try other versions. I trust your suggestions mashaAllah.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                      Mac and cheese...oh how we have fallen.
                      it's something i've always wanted to try. Basic recipes. I have made other dishes in the past. Lol at the like.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

                        Jazak Allah khair
                        i am sticking to my recipe just because i feel like i can't function without the plan atm lol. But i will defo look at your recipe once i've managed to make it once and feel confident enough to try other versions. I trust your suggestions mashaAllah.
                        Wa iyyaki

                        we need a big old food thread..lol
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

                          Wa iyyaki

                          we need a big old food thread..lol
                          True, there is a thread that goes something like 'what was the last thing you ate', that's the closest to the random thread in the food section.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

                            True, there is a thread that goes something like 'what was the last thing you ate', that's the closest to the random thread in the food section.
                            Ooh let me see if I can find it
                            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

                              Ooh let me see if I can find it
                              This is it
                              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...you-have-eaten
                              i imagined it had more posts from when it was active..

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X