Macaroni and cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macaroni and cheese

I saw a recipe on youtube on how to make macaroni and cheese. Pakistani style. And am wondering how do you all make it?
    i am probably going to copy that recipe but want to know if anyone has an suggestions on how to make it more suitable

I boil macaroni, season with salt.... make a basic white sauce - season salt pepper, pour that over, then top generously with cheese (mild cheddar and parmesan) and bell peppers and tomato slices, a sprinkle of oregano and bake! You cold omit the peppers and tomatoes and sprinkle breadcrumbs generously... yummy...

Comment

you can add in alfredo sauce or heavy whipping cream to make it tasty but don't forget to eat in small amounts!

Comment

I heard of adding in hot dogs chopped up. Sounds more appealing than it really is lol. You can also try adding in left over burger meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
          I boil macaroni, season with salt.... make a basic white sauce - season salt pepper, pour that over, then top generously with cheese (mild cheddar and parmesan) and bell peppers and tomato slices, a sprinkle of oregano and bake! You cold omit the peppers and tomatoes and sprinkle breadcrumbs generously... yummy...
          Oregano and breadcrumbs sounds good. The recipe i found uses paprika. I probably won't add bell peppers/tomatoes yet as i need to be on the safe side for now lol

Comment

Originally posted by ameera_ali View Post
            you can add in alfredo sauce or heavy whipping cream to make it tasty but don't forget to eat in small amounts!
            Thanks for the ideas

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

Oregano and breadcrumbs sounds good. The recipe i found uses paprika. I probably won't add bell peppers/tomatoes yet as i need to be on the safe side for now lol
              Let us know how you've made it and how it turned out :)

Comment

Yummmmmm Mac and cheese!

Bring cream cheese & double cream to a gentle simmer, do not boil

In a pan sauté onions and garlic in butter for a couple of minutes then add flour and cook till it turns blondish.

Add in your cream cheese mixture, add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add lots and lots of cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack) then add your pasta

in a dish layer some of your mixture, sprinkle cheese on top, add the remainder of your mixture, add breadcrumbs and top with cheese and bake
                Found this recipe online and it’s a keeper it’s yum
                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Mac and cheese...oh how we have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                    Yummmmmm Mac and cheese!

Bring cream cheese & double cream to a gentle simmer, do not boil

In a pan sauté onions and garlic in butter for a couple of minutes then add flour and cook till it turns blondish.

Add in your cream cheese mixture, add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add lots and lots of cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack) then add your pasta

in a dish layer some of your mixture, sprinkle cheese on top, add the remainder of your mixture, add breadcrumbs and top with cheese and bake
                    Found this recipe online and it’s a keeper it’s yum
                    Jazak Allah khair
                    i am sticking to my recipe just because i feel like i can't function without the plan atm lol. But i will defo look at your recipe once i've managed to make it once and feel confident enough to try other versions. I trust your suggestions mashaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                      Mac and cheese...oh how we have fallen.
                      it's something i've always wanted to try. Basic recipes. I have made other dishes in the past. Lol at the like.

Comment

Jazak Allah khair
                        i am sticking to my recipe just because i feel like i can't function without the plan atm lol. But i will defo look at your recipe once i've managed to make it once and feel confident enough to try other versions. I trust your suggestions mashaAllah.
                        Wa iyyaki

we need a big old food thread..lol

Comment

Wa iyyaki

we need a big old food thread..lol
                          True, there is a thread that goes something like 'what was the last thing you ate', that's the closest to the random thread in the food section.

Comment

True, there is a thread that goes something like 'what was the last thing you ate', that's the closest to the random thread in the food section.
                            Ooh let me see if I can find it

Comment

Ooh let me see if I can find it
                              This is it
                              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...you-have-eaten
                              i imagined it had more posts from when it was active..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X