No announcement yet.

which hair oil do you use? olive, coconut, argan, almond etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was growing up, my family tended to use olive oil or mustard oil. Now we use amla oil.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      When I was growing up, my family tended to use olive oil or mustard oil. Now we use amla oil.
      yea ive also got amla oil (typical asian thing i know lol) although it smells its suppose to be good especially for growing hair

i used to use mustard oil and olive oil but not as much now tbh

i noticed a lot of bengalis seem to like mustard oil

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

the trick is to apply a little.....a little goes a long way son

kewl, where did you get the conditioner from and what brand?

p.s dont be chunging down black seed oil, cant be good for you, everything in proportion bro
        Yea, I know a little goes far, I’m just rather heavy handed.

I went to a local barber and purchased it from them.

I don’t chug blackseed oil all the time, I’m just saying I’m so used to it that I can with no problems.

I only drink it if I feel a cold or flu is coming on. I start off taking one spoon a day and 3 spoons a day when I’m full blown sick.

Comment

Tbh I've started using mustard oil in food (sabzi handi). I know all mustard oil brands say "for external use only" but actually mustard oil is what our parents and grandparents grew up on so I'm skeptical about stories claiming it's not suitable for consumption. In the handi it tastes waaaaay better than olive oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Yea, I know a little goes far, I’m just rather heavy handed.

I went to a local barber and purchased it from them.

I don’t chug blackseed oil all the time, I’m just saying I’m so used to it that I can with no problems.

I only drink it if I feel a cold or flu is coming on. I start off taking one spoon a day and 3 spoons a day when I’m full blown sick.
            kewl

im so inconsistent with taking black seed oil, i go through phases where i have it a lot then ill go months without having a single drop

Comment

Tbh I've started using mustard oil in food (sabzi handi). I know all mustard oil brands say "for external use only" but actually mustard oil is what our parents and grandparents grew up on so I'm skeptical about stories claiming it's not suitable for consumption. In the handi it tastes waaaaay better than olive oil.
              is handi a curry?

what about poppy seed oil? i have that its really good

i heard and i dont know how true it is but because of its cooling effect if you put poppy seed oil on your head it can calm you down, like in regards to tension and stress build up etc

Comment

is handi a curry?

what about poppy seed oil? i have that its really good

i heard and i dont know how true it is but because of its cooling effect if you put poppy seed oil on your head it can calm you down, like in regards to tension and stress build up etc
                Yeah curry is called "handi" in Punjabi or "salan" in Urdu.

I've never heard of poppy seed oil. I actually have a lot of issues with allergies and intolerances so finding the right cooking fat has been tricky. I react badly to nut oils, I'm trying to cut down my dairy intake for health reasons so keep ghee to a minimum, sunflower oil is meant to increase inflammation which makes it really unhealthy and I find my skin reacts badly to a lot of seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame etc so I was nervous of trying mustard oil but so far it's okay. I'd be nervous of trying poppy seed or its oil for the same reason. Olive oil seems okay for my skin and health but I don't prefer it taste wise and I've heard such mixed views on whether it's suitable as a cooking oil or not (I know the best olive oil is raw cold pressed but that isn't supposed to be cooked, it's supposed to be consumed raw such as in salad dressings etc). On a side note, when it comes to food, I'm curious about avocado oil.

As for using poppy oil on the head, in my experience massaging the head with any massage oil is calming and soothing. Cooling oils would be especially good in the subcontinent because it's so boiling hot over there most of the year. mum prefers the smell of amla compared to other oils which is why we use it. She even avoids using mustard oil in my cooking because she dislikes the smell of it (it's my dad who cooks my food with it).

Comment

Yeah curry is called "handi" in Punjabi or "salan" in Urdu.

I've never heard of poppy seed oil. I actually have a lot of issues with allergies and intolerances so finding the right cooking fat has been tricky. I react badly to nut oils, I'm trying to cut down my dairy intake for health reasons so keep ghee to a minimum, sunflower oil is meant to increase inflammation which makes it really unhealthy and I find my skin reacts badly to a lot of seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame etc so I was nervous of trying mustard oil but so far it's okay. I'd be nervous of trying poppy seed or its oil for the same reason. Olive oil seems okay for my skin and health but I don't prefer it taste wise and I've heard such mixed views on whether it's suitable as a cooking oil or not (I know the best olive oil is raw cold pressed but that isn't supposed to be cooked, it's supposed to be consumed raw such as in salad dressings etc). On a side note, when it comes to food, I'm curious about avocado oil.

As for using poppy oil on the head, in my experience massaging the head with any massage oil is calming and soothing. Cooling oils would be especially good in the subcontinent because it's so boiling hot over there most of the year. mum prefers the smell of amla compared to other oils which is why we use it. She even avoids using mustard oil in my cooking because she dislikes the smell of it (it's my dad who cooks my food with it).
                  Yea in your situation it's probably best to avoid such oils like poppy seed oil, it's basically poppy seeds which what you use to make couscous (well that's the one my mother in law uses)

Yes I also want to try avocado oil, heard good things about it

What about emu oil you heard of that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33efR6K8yQ8

Yea you're right about cooling oils, I like to use essential oils too

Like tea tree oil is good for razor bumps, cuts and spots etc too

Comment

kewl

im so inconsistent with taking black seed oil, i go through phases where i have it a lot then ill go months without having a single drop
                    It's too expensive to have often, but I really believe in its healing properties. If I could afford to, I'd have two teaspoons a day for the rest of my life.

Comment

Never heard of emu oil. I think tea tree oil has natural antibacterial properties which might be why you find it helpful for spots etc

Comment

It's too expensive to have often, but I really believe in its healing properties. If I could afford to, I'd have two teaspoons a day for the rest of my life.
                        It's not too bad here in the UK, which country you from? America right?

Comment

Never heard of emu oil. I think tea tree oil has natural antibacterial properties which might be why you find it helpful for spots etc
                          Yea I thought you'd probably not heard of it so I posted that YouTube link so you get a bit if info on it

any other oils you can recommend or that you've used?

Comment

It's not too bad here in the UK, which country you from? America right?
                            Yes, I currently live in the U.S.

Comment

Yes, I currently live in the U.S.
                              When j was younger I always wanted to live in America and go to high school there

I blame it on the movies lol

Comment

Thanks for the tag. I use the olive oil brand.
                                Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
                                Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
                                [Al Quran 13:28]
                                ]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X