Get Cooking/Baking it's time for the August Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Cooking/Baking it's time for the August Challenge

I'm posting this early, since I won't be around on August 1st to post this. Initially, I was going to submit a poll and ask everyone to vote for this month's theme, but I've been busy and it's a bit late for that now. (If you have ideas for September, please mention it on this thread)

August is the last month of summer and I don't know about you guys, but it's been hot. Incredibly hot. So I thought it would be fun if this month's challenge reflected that. Here are this month's themes:
    Something Cold Something Refreshing Something in your pantry

Something Cold: Basically, a cold dish. It could be ice cream, a pasta salad, pudding, a drink, a cold sandwich, etc... If it's not hot, then it's fine.

Something Refreshing: If you bite or drink something and it makes you go "Ahhhh" then congragulations, you've made yourself a refreshing dish. What refreshing means is entirely up to you.

Something in your pantry: Why go out in the heat to shop when you can just look in your pantry and whip up something? Look in your pantry and try to create a dish out of the things you find.

Have fun!
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Assalamu alaikum. Wow, sounds very fun! Is everyone allowed to take part?😊👍

Comment

Salaams! I'd love to take part... New here though, how does this work?

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Muslimah View Post
        Assalamu alaikum. Wow, sounds very fun! Is everyone allowed to take part?😊👍
        Everyone is allowed to take part. Just pick one of the themes mentioned above and create something delicious.

Originally posted by Jessamine View Post
        Salaams! I'd love to take part... New here though, how does this work?
        All you have to do is cook/bake a dish that fits with one of the three themes above. Once you do that, take a picture and post it here. Include a summary of what you made and include a recipe too.

For a general idea, please refer to last month's challenge:

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...nge-starts-now
        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
        [2:186]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Eton mess (home made) lolly

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0112.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	12726967
          Attached Files
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...